Fast pass reservations first timer. Needs help

KwikE

Hello, I am hitting my 60 day mark next week to schedule my fast passes. This is my fist time doing it.
I am looking for any helpful tips. What time can I start doing? Any secrets? Thanks for looking

bsiev1977

Hello, I am hitting my 60 day mark next week to schedule my fast passes. This is my fist time doing it.
I am looking for any helpful tips. What time can I start doing? Any secrets? Thanks for looking
You can start making the selections at 7am Eastern on your 60 day mark.

Try getting them for as early in your days as possible, since after using them you can select new ones for that day.

EPCOT has a tiered system, where you can only select one of the following at a time: Frozen, Test Track, or Soarin.

Toy Story should definitely be your first choice for at HS.

For MK i'd suggest Seven Dwarves, Peter Pan, Space or Splash, and maybe Jungle Cruise.

Upvote 0

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You can start making the selections at 7am Eastern on your 60 day mark.

Try getting them for as early in your days as possible, since after using them you can select new ones for that day.

EPCOT has a tiered system, where you can only select one of the following at a time: Frozen, Test Track, or Soarin.

Toy Story should definitely be your first choice for at HS.

For MK i'd suggest Seven Dwarves, Peter Pan, Space or Splash, and maybe Jungle Cruise.

DHS is tiered also, you can only get one of these:

Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
  • The Great Movie Ride
  • Fantasmic!
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!

This isn't quite as bad as Epcot since you really don't need the Fastpass for Great Movie Ride, Fantastmic or Beauty and the Beast.

Upvote 0

andy773

Also, try to have some alternate plans in case your first choice of attractions or times aren't available. Even at 60 days, some things like Frozen Ever After and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train can be unavailable or not available at your desired time. Having some alternate choices or times can prevent panic when booking.

Also, if you want Frozen or 7 Dwarfs, try to book them for one of the later days of your stay. That will improve your chances.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

The one thing people forget when presented with the fastpass choices is to make time for breakfast lunch and dinner. I always plan my Animal Kingdom fastpasses to have me walking past Flametree Barbecue at 12:30pm. Mmmmmmm, barbecue......

Upvote 0

kaitertot5249

I see that this is an older chain but one thing that I didn't realize the first time I made FP+ reservations was that I could make the selections and then go right back in and change the times. There were more times available when I went back in to change them than when I made them initially. So if you aren't happy with a time you can go in and make it earlier or later depending on your preferences.

Happy planning!

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I see that this is an older chain but one thing that I didn't realize the first time I made FP+ reservations was that I could make the selections and then go right back in and change the times. There were more times available when I went back in to change them than when I made them initially. So if you aren't happy with a time you can go in and make it earlier or later depending on your preferences.

Happy planning!

Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0

bub72ck

If you have children that want to see the talking Mickey at Town Square at MK you can often get in without a long wait during the parade at 3:00. i used to burn a FP+ on this attraction since my son likes it so much but we now take him during the parade and have never waited more than 20 minutes.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Don't burn fastpasses on afternoon parades or fireworks and most meet and greets. You won't be able to obtain additional fastpasses until your initial selections are used.

If you plan on getting to the parks at opening - rope drop in Disney language - you can walk on many of the more popular rides or popular meet and greets during the first hour the park is open, so consider this when making FP selections - especially true for MK. We got to MK around 9:30 one day and were able to ride Space Mountain 2 times in a row before a line started to form. Many folks really don't start getting to the parks, especially MK, until an hour or so after opening.

If you're staying on property, take advantage of EMH, especially morning ones. You won't have to use FP for rides.

Have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom