Fast pass plus

jklakeview

Original Poster
I am at Disney and I spoke to a few cast members about fast pass plus. They told me it only worked ok in trials and others said the trial was "interesting". Rey all confirmed one thing. There will be NO REGULAR FAST PASS after fast pass plus is in full swing.

Dasnowz

fast pass plus is only being offered for resort guests. Fast passes will not/cannot be discontinued because of the purchase of day tickets, local annual pass holders, cm's and their families and others who are not staying on property. This would lead to a very unfair field and a lot of angry people.

Again CM's don't know everything. My statement is based on what Guest relations is putting out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am at Disney and I spoke to a few cast members about fast pass plus. They told me it only worked ok in trials and others said the trial was "interesting". Rey all confirmed one thing. There will be NO REGULAR FAST PASS after fast pass plus is in full swing.

Since this came from a CM we can conclude that there WILL be regular Fast Pass after fast pass plus is in full swing. ;)

Alektronic

Fast Pass+ will be the new Fast Pass service and it will be available to everyone. Resort guests will get bracelets and other guests will have RFID's embedded in their ticket media and will use for the entrance and fast pass sensors. Everything will be virtual with video screens and smartphones.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Fast Pass+ will be the new Fast Pass service and it will be available to everyone. Resort guests will get bracelets and other guests will have RFID's embedded in their ticket media and will use for the entrance and fast pass sensors. Everything will be virtual with video screens and smartphones.

So are you saying that everyone will still be able to get fastpass "on demand" at a kiosk, but it will be RFID instead of a hard ticket?

Dasnowz

Fast pass on demand will be available at kiosks in the park. Not everyone is issued tickets for admittance. Disney has already announced that CM current "front gate" cards are being reused again next year. This pass works to get in and no other ticket is issued. To my knowledge there is no RFID in this pass at this time. Some of these cards are several years old and predate this technology. Paper tickets will still exist for a long while I think there will be an option of either media given.

Not everything is going to be virtual because many guests do not have technology to do it. Many people still do not have smart phones.

Supposedly RFID is coming in DEC to MK main gate.(The Dec date comes from what I was told while there are work last night)

It was on Channel 6 news that its starting roll out with annual passholders. I cannot find the link to the story right now.

Alektronic

Fast pass on demand will be available at kiosks in the park. Not everyone is issued tickets for admittance. Disney has already announced that CM current "front gate" cards are being reused again next year. This pass works to get in and no other ticket is issued. To my knowledge there is no RFID in this pass at this time. Some of these cards are several years old and predate this technology. Paper tickets will still exist for a long while I think there will be an option of either media given.

Not everything is going to be virtual because many guests do not have technology to do it. Many people still do not have smart phones.

Supposedly RFID is coming in DEC to MK main gate.(The Dec date comes from what I was told while there are work last night)

It was on Channel 6 news that its starting roll out with annual passholders. I cannot find the link to the story right now.

Main Gate Passes don't have RFID but all CM ID cards have RFID.

Dasnowz

That's what my understanding was. There are thousands of CM spouses/significant others with these cards. When you use maingate pass there is no type of other media issued. Thus my statement that paper media will need to be available.

Dasnowz

This is not true. When a cast member uses their Main Entrance pass a paper ticket is issued for each guest that is entering.

I know first hand that a paper ticket is not issued for the spouse or significant other whose name is listed on the pass. We just used our maingate ( its a blue one if that makes any difference) pass last week and again no paper ticket was issued. The maingate acts as a ticket/photopass /gets fastpasses for person listed on it.

Lee

Adventurer
Does that mean we all will have to pay extra to get a Fastpass?
Actually, I'm hearing something like that from a few places.
Not sure if its getting lost in translation or what, but the idea of day guests paying for FP should not be overlooked.

Dasnowz

Your sister is listed on the card. You are not hence the ticket being issued. My spouse is on the card and does not get issued a paper ticket but our children or whomever we are bringing in do.

peter11435

I know first hand that a paper ticket is not issued for the spouse or significant other whose name is listed on the pass. We just used our maingate pass last week and again no paper ticket was issued. The maingate acts as a ticket/photopass /gets fastpasses for person listed on it.

This is true. However when a maingate is used by a cast member or their spouse to get other guests in, paper tickets ARE issued for each of those guests. The cast member or their spouse do not recieve a paper ticket because they do not need one as their ID/maingate is all they need. Since CM id's are already RFID enabled the only issue would be for a spouse or significant other. Obviously they could easily issue them a paper ticket just like they do now for other guests.

Dasnowz

Since CM id's are already RFID enabled the only issue would be for a spouse or significant other. Obviously they could easily issue them a paper ticket just like they do now for other guests.

That's what I was trying to say referencing that there will still be regular paper type fast passes issued for a long time still to come. I don't see more paper passes being distributed but I do see a new way for the passes possibly in another year ( 2014) depending on the technology and it goes with everyone else. Like I said I think < my feeling based on talking with co-workers that regular fast passes will be around for a long time to come ( long time as in a few more years at least) We decided it will be a slow roll out but again we are lowly CM so we hear rumors and guesses and then we sit and talk about them.

I think that there will be slow change while its figured out what do with day purchases and those who are now issued paper passes. I think cost will be a big factor in this.

peter11435

One day park passes and the paper passes issued to guests coming in on a cm's maingate could easily (and cheaply) have RFID. Look no further than the SotMK key cards as an example.

RSoxNo1

Actually, I'm hearing something like that from a few places.
Not sure if its getting lost in translation or what, but the idea of day guests paying for FP should not be overlooked.
This really sounds like it can be the one item that will really upset a lot of people that have remained loyal to WDW despite it's recent short comings. They have the potential to utilize RFID and electronic Fastpasses in a way that enhances guest experiences without it being a cash grab. The other option is going to be a kick in the groin to some of Disney's biggest fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom