Fast pass plus cheats

bstiles

Original Poster
I don't think this has been discussed here yet. I recently got back from a short weekend trip from the world. What I did find out is you can basically trick the system to getting a fastpass for any attraction within the hour or even sooner with a little bit of manipulation of your plans. First try to make all your fastpass reservations before noon. Once these are all used up then you can get a fastpass for any attraction by selecting let's say splash mountain, it gives you a time of 7:45 pm don't book it for that time. What you have to do is deselect your whole party, start with one person keep flipping between two times say afternoon option and 100. Give it about 5-10 minutes, you will get the fastpass for that attraction. Now try adding the rest of your party or one at a time, the fastpass will show up within 5-20 minutes window of the single fastpass that was booked for your party. The only drawback is the later in the day it gets the harder it is to exploit the bug in the system. It worked for me all weekend and I had a party of 9 people.

NearTheEars

I think I understand now. They are saying the process is to look up a FP time for a single member of the group, flipping between the afternoon times until one pops up. After that, then one at a time, try to add each member of the group to that reservation and it should offer a time within 5-20 minutes of the original FP.

Not sure that it's an actual bug. It's most likely just as people add and cancel all day long, single FP slots become available, and as the system is attempting to find the closest FP time to the original reservation, it grabs one that becomes available.

I have found that on my solo visits (whenever the wife and I aren't off on the same day) I find it relatively easy to find single FP times. Even for Peter Pan or SDMT.

Phantom Mickey

I have never cared for the FAST PASS SYSTEM. It has many more than ONE bug and it has been brought up to those who barely care as the system is still as bad as it ever was.

montyz81

I don't think this has been discussed here yet. I recently got back from a short weekend trip from the world. What I did find out is you can basically trick the system to getting a fastpass for any attraction within the hour or even sooner with a little bit of manipulation of your plans. First try to make all your fastpass reservations before noon. Once these are all used up then you can get a fastpass for any attraction by selecting let's say splash mountain, it gives you a time of 7:45 pm don't book it for that time. What you have to do is deselect your whole party, start with one person keep flipping between two times say afternoon option and 100. Give it about 5-10 minutes, you will get the fastpass for that attraction. Now try adding the rest of your party or one at a time, the fastpass will show up within 5-20 minutes window of the single fastpass that was booked for your party. The only drawback is the later in the day it gets the harder it is to exploit the bug in the system. It worked for me all weekend and I had a party of 9 people.
Fast pass+'s version of a single rider line?

Tom

Beta Return
Not really a cheat or bug. Just a matter of expending time until the desired result is achieved.

By reducing the party size to one, far more options become available. And by persistently checking available times, while the system is strategically serving you times that best fits its needs, odds are you'll eventually get a time that you like.

Wash, rinse, repeat for the others in your group, since you can't just automatically add them to a FP+ booked later in the day, because there probably aren't 4 spots available at that exact time slot.

Unless I'm sitting in my room, cooling off after a morning in the park, I wouldn't expend this much energy to get a 4th.

Weather_Lady

Rather than reserving individual FP+ for each member of a group, I thought you could get a FP+ for one person, and they "copy" it to the rest of the group, although I've never done it myself. Does it not work that way?

Rob562

Rather than reserving individual FP+ for each member of a group, I thought you could get a FP+ for one person, and they "copy" it to the rest of the group, although I've never done it myself. Does it not work that way?

That only works if there are available time slots for that exact time.

-Rob

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Or? Perhaps the "trick" is to simply overload the WDW FP computer system.... Just personal opinion: I could see it working, given the STUNNING job of coding that WDW does :(.

Phantom Mickey

No, not What? but WHY?
Example. The last time I was at Test Track, the que was unbearable. Test Track is very popular as was the first version. Fast Pass was brought in, well I don't really know why it was brought in other than Universal had it so Dizzy had to have it too.
... So we spent 2 to 3 hours STANDING not even at a crawl movement while there was a STEADY STREAM of people in the Fast Pass lane. There is so much WRONG with this picture. Something is wrong with the system that it is allowing that many guests through on the fast pass to hold up all those guests in the normal que. Dizzy needs to get off their backsides and go see what the problem is and fix it. Test Track would be so much better if Fast Pass was not offered at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom