Fast Pass Issues

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
We are visiting WDW 11/23-11/27 and just went in last night to start making FP selections (because 1 in our party did not have their park ticket yet.)--we are staying at BW. Unfortunately, you have to pick a date and then the park and only then make selections...when I went to Hollywood Studios for the date selected there were no more Toy Story passes for that day. In order to check other days I would have to cancel the others. I can't even see if there are other available days. If we don't get FPs will we still be able to get into Toy Story that day?

ratherbeinwdw

Unless something has changed, you can check for other days without cancelling your current selections.
Go to modify fastpasses, and it should tell you at the top of the page that your current selections won't be changed until confirmed by you.
Oops. That won't work if you are going to another park. Sorry.

Weather_Lady

We are visiting WDW 11/23-11/27 and just went in last night to start making FP selections (because 1 in our party did not have their park ticket yet.)--we are staying at BW. Unfortunately, you have to pick a date and then the park and only then make selections...when I went to Hollywood Studios for the date selected there were no more Toy Story passes for that day. In order to check other days I would have to cancel the others. I can't even see if there are other available days. If we don't get FPs will we still be able to get into Toy Story that day?

Yes -- just arrive before rope drop and head there directly the moment the park opens. In the alternative, visit late at night.

In the meantime, keep checking to see if some availability opens up for the day of your HS visit. Sometimes new FP+ "spots" are released later, or you might be able to snap up FP+ that someone else has canceled or changed.

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
Yes -- just arrive before rope drop and head there directly the moment the park opens. In the alternative, visit late at night.

In the meantime, keep checking to see if some availability opens up for the day of your HS visit. Sometimes new FP+ "spots" are released later, or you might be able to snap up FP+ that someone else has canceled or changed.

Oh great!! Thanks so much!

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
Unless something has changed, you can check for other days without cancelling your current selections.
Go to modify fastpasses, and it should tell you at the top of the page that your current selections won't be changed until confirmed by you.
Oops. That won't work if you are going to another park. Sorry.

And, yes! You used to be able to "modify"- that option is no longer there.

Rob562

And, yes! You used to be able to "modify"- that option is no longer there.

If you go into "Make New FastPass+" and re-select the day you currently have FP+ choices for, it will keep the old ones until you confirm the new ones.

And for future knowledge, when only some of the party currently has tickets it's typically easier to go in and make FP+ choices for those who do have tickets and then copy your existing FP+ reservations over to the person who buys their ticket late.

That's how we had to do it for my trip earlier this month. Most of us purchased our tickets between 45 and 60 days out, so I made FP+ choices then. One straggler didn't buy his ticket until 25-30 days out. I was able to copy 95% of the FP+ choices over to him, and those that didn't we worked around it.

-Rob

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
If you go into "Make New FastPass+" and re-select the day you currently have FP+ choices for, it will keep the old ones until you confirm the new ones.

And for future knowledge, when only some of the party currently has tickets it's typically easier to go in and make FP+ choices for those who do have tickets and then copy your existing FP+ reservations over to the person who buys their ticket late.

That's how we had to do it for my trip earlier this month. Most of us purchased our tickets between 45 and 60 days out, so I made FP+ choices then. One straggler didn't buy his ticket until 25-30 days out. I was able to copy 95% of the FP+ choices over to him, and those that didn't we worked around it.

-Rob
Ok! Thanks a lot for your advice!

sjhym333

I have gotten both Mine Train and Toy Story the day of. People change their plans constantly and when they cancel a FP they become available. Just keep checking and you may be able to grab FP's. People tend to be negative about FP+. I use it all the time and can tell you that things become available all the time.

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
I have gotten both Mine Train and Toy Story the day of. People change their plans constantly and when they cancel a FP they become available. Just keep checking and you may be able to grab FP's. People tend to be negative about FP+. I use it all the time and can tell you that things become available all the time.

Ok-thanks for that! We'll stay positive!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom