Fast Pass + Help :(

AswaySuller

Original Poster
So my experience with FP+ has not been a positive one.

I start work early so on the first day possible I tried to book 7DMT Space Mountain and Peter Pan first thing in the morning (UK time). All were available luckily but Space and 7DMT were only available when MSEP and Wishes were on and I obviously want to see both of those. I assumed that it would let me pick a rough time but it didn't it just allocated these times... and the times sucked.

After playing about with it a bit I managed to get a reasonable time for Space and Peter Pan but 7DMT was still only available when Wishes would be on. I know wishes is only like 20 minutes but there's the projections on the castle before and obviously you have to allow time to get a good spot.
So despite getting online early on the first day possible I was still unable to book the 7DMT.

Then today I go to book our DHS FP+
I wanted TOT, RnR coaster and TSMM... however these are in two classes and you can only pick one of class one and two of class two. Class one FP has TSMM and RnR Coaster in so you can only book one of these.

I can't believe what a bad experience we've had with it. I love Disney and MK probably is still my favourite park. but this really sucks.
I don't want to have to worry about where we are all day in case we miss a fast pass. This structure and pre-planning/booking is not what our vacation should be about. Yes, I don't have to use FP+ but we all know that if I don't no good Fps will be available on the day and if I just don't use Fast passes I will spend most of the day in lines.

Does anyone have any advice on this?
Does anyone actually think FP+ is a good idea?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Does anyone have any advice on this?
FP will become available between now and your holiday - you must keep checking the site as other peoples plans change and they release their FP when they cancel/rearrange their own FP

At the end of the day, if all else fails, there's still Stand By lines

AswaySuller

Original Poster
how can I check if there's a FP for something without cancelling one of mine?
I have three booked so is there a way to see if another is available without losing the ones I do have?

RushBoingo

how can I check if there's a FP for something without cancelling one of mine?
I have three booked so is there a way to see if another is available without losing the ones I do have?
You should be able to click on an individual fastpass and there should be a link somewhere to change your time for the fastpass, or to change your individual fast pass all together. I don't get how so many people are having trouble with this on here, I found the buttons no problem. If you still need help, you can search on youtube for Fastpass Plus booking tutorials, and those should go through all the motions for you.

RushBoingo

I assume that you are not staying at a disney hotel to get the selection of times you received, which I am afraid is the reality of the system.

Me personally, I would say take the Seven Dwarfs time and be happy with it, because A: You will be riding during the fireworks, which could make for a very cool ride, and B: Unlike a ride, Fireworks (and the projection show) are only an audiovisual thing, so I would just look it up on Youtube (that's just me though, I realise fireworks are the magical ending to a day for a lot of people. I would suggest that if you don't want to miss Wishes in front of the castle, then either try and run for rope drop to the mine train, or (my preferred method), get in line for it right before closing, and you will only wait 20-30 minutes (because no one with fast pass will be riding)

As for Hollywood studios, I have to fully agree with Disney on their decision. If they made every attraction equally available, every group with no one under 10 would make the selections you want (Twilight zone being the only exception, as some with reservations about the ride would opt for star tours), and before you knew it, those rides would be out of fastpasses, long before the 30 day window. By making people pick one or the other, Disney insures that everyone wont have to wait in one of the biggest lines of the day, instead of half of their guests being forced to wait in both. I would heavily suggest taking the TSMM fast pass, and either rope-dropping, enter before closing, or single-ride Rock'n Rollercoaster.

RonAnnArbor

First, you have discovered one of the reasons that many of us HATE the new FP+ system...but that being said, it is NOT at all unusual to find that 7DMT has limited availability, as it is currently the most popular fastpass ride at the Magic Kingdom, and routinely has 70 minute plus waits even on slow days -- there are many days the 7DMT isn't available at all, already prebooked by folks. I'd keep the time you get -- alternately, get to the park at rope drop and head directly there. Keep in mind that you can still get a great number of attractions done first thing in the morning before the crowds build up -- your first hour in the park is usually the most important each day.

BethG

When I book FP+, I choose the option that is closest to what I want. Then I go back and edit the individual FP+ to get the times that I want. There have only been a couple of times When the time I wanted was unavailable.

AswaySuller

Original Poster
I only just discovered that you can amend the times for FP+ and it's too late now.
I'll check every day incase more become available and if not we will just rope drop 7DMT.

Thank you for everyone's help and advice I really appreciate it... FP+ sucks... is it here to stay?

RushBoingo

I only just discovered that you can amend the times for FP+ and it's too late now.
I'll check every day incase more become available and if not we will just rope drop 7DMT.

Thank you for everyone's help and advice I really appreciate it... FP+ sucks... is it here to stay?
Yup. Don't feel too bad though. At least you have fast passes, and are not one of the people who have no idea what they are, show up to the park with none, ask a cast member about them, and get to a kiosk only to find rides that are not as much fun available.

RonAnnArbor

Its not necessarily here to stay, though it seems so for the forseeable future. WDW is very aware of the large number of visitors who hate the new FP+ system -- in particular, the entire last year, it has done damage control for its Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members who almost unanimously hate the new fastpass system....But for now, it is what it is.

PinnySmart

I am an annual passholder and DVC owner and I don't hate fastpass+. I actually really like it. I have never had one single negative experience with it. I also belong to a club of DVC owners and have rarely ever heard of negative experiences. So please don't paint with such a broad brush. Disney parks do not exist in a vacuum. Things will change. Some will like the changes and some will not. For those who don't like the changes it may be time to find a new place to vacation.

AswaySuller

Original Poster
So as an annual pass holder what do you do if you just decide one day "hey, let's go to Disney tomorrow?" Presumably you have to wait in long lines for the most popular rides? That doesn't seem fair to me unless there's another way for you guys?

Also I wondered if I could ask for your advice

on our last day we were hoping to go MK and Epcot split. MK in the AM Epcot in the PM.
FP+ won't allow me to book fast passes split between parks... We wanted a FP for Soarin' and Test Track but as these are both tier one we can only book one... If I were to do this I would book Soarin'.

However this seems a waste of 2 Fast passes we could be using... so I'm considering just booking 3 FP+'s for MK in the AM and just seeing what happens when we get to Epcot in the PM.

Would you recommend I do this or book the Soarin' one for when we're in Epcot... bearing in mind the half day at MK will be our 2nd MK visit that trip Epcot will be our first.

thanks again guys. You've all been very helpful.

BrianV

Soarin has some of the longest lines in disney. Day-of fastpass for soarin might be hard to get, let alone trying to get them at 1 or 2 pm in the afternoon.

bethymouse

@AswaySuller OMG! I am so with you on hating FP+ !:mad: I have been coming to Disney yearly since 2007, and am not a DVC member. I tried for Anna and Elsa at midnight on the exact 60 day mark, and SOMEHOW all of those FPasses were already taken! Makes no sense! I am not happy at all!:in pain::grumpy::arghh::mad:

40goingon7

We just came back from MK and walked on to Anna & Elsa 15 min before midnight close and I know all the fast passes were gone for today when our window opened. My advise is early first thing or right before close.

Also DVC and AP holders who drive from NC and we love fast-pass + since we don't have to rush the park with our 4 kids just to get a time later in the day we have to plan for on the fly. We know our plans weeks/months before so less stress.

AswaySuller

Original Poster
What I don't like is what if I plan to go to Tyhoon Lagoon one day and MK another but the weather isn't so good on the day we'd planned the water parks. If you switch your days last minute for whatever reason you are then screwed when it comes to fast passes.

I also went to book FP's for Epcot but only really wanted one (Soarin') but it makes you pick 3 even if you only want one. So potentially people have FPs for rides they don't even want while you can't get the FP you actually want!

LostPrincess8789

Are you going to be at MK more than one day? park hopper? We are giving MK 2 days, and doing Wishes and MSEP on our last day, so that will free up our first MK day to be able to enjoy some rides and FPs for things during wishes and MSEP, especially because there are EMH that night too. Maybe try to make your FPs for during wishes one night and go back to MK in the evening for them?

CheshireCat12

If you make good use of rope drop or evening EMH you can ride everything you want without FP+. I have done it a number of times at the parks. If you didn't get the times you wanted for 7DMT, keep checking back and adjust the time. Times do open up as others make changes. In the end, if you don't get it, just ride it after Wishes- a lot of people leave the park after the fireworks go off and the lines become more manageable. You may still wait an hour or so but I waited 45 min. recently for 7DMT and the queue is well designed, a lot to look at, it wasn't a bad wait during evening EMH.

BrianV

What I don't like is what if I plan to go to Tyhoon Lagoon one day and MK another but the weather isn't so good on the day we'd planned the water parks. If you switch your days last minute for whatever reason you are then screwed when it comes to fast passes.

I also went to book FP's for Epcot but only really wanted one (Soarin') but it makes you pick 3 even if you only want one. So potentially people have FPs for rides they don't even want while you can't get the FP you actually want!

You can book fast passes for both days at Mk if you decide to switch your MK and TL days. You are not penalized for skipping fastpass+ reservations, yet. That does presume that you have enough ticket admissions to get in both days. Or put more precisely, you need as many days of tickets as days of booked fastpass+s

Regarding Soarin, I'm not sure if this works, but I believe you can book the fast pass for that ride and then two more. Then go back and cancel the ones you don't want, and you'll be let with just one. I don't know if that works, and I would think three fast passes is better, but maybe someone else knows. People have written that they accidentally cancelled a reservation and it was gone and they were left with only two reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom