Fast pass child. Swap

wendyphant

Original Poster
good evening all,
This is our first trip to wdw since 2002 and our first trip as a family.
Fast pass has changed a lot since we last went. We have a lo now and was wondering if I get a fast pass can I go on then child swap with hubby?

Thank you

nolatron

Yup, sure can. We did this on our past two trips with the kids. Kinda nice cause you can double the amount of fastpass+ you can get daily since you only need to use one fastpass+ per ride when doing a child swap.

At the front of the line, all together go tell the cast member you wanna do a child swap. Some rides they give you the fast pass ticket right there for rider #2 to hold on to. Some like BTM give you a card to take in where you exchange it for a the child swap ticket with the CM at the FP+ merge point.

Rider #1 goes on ride using the fastpass you booked.
Come out and swap the LO.
Rider #2 then uses child swap ticket to enter fastpass line.

stevehousse

Yes thanks for the head start! You will want to definitely use the baby swap in conjunction with FPs! You can schedule certain rides for one in the group and schedule another for the other person. The best example I use is splash and BTM. Schedule one person for splash, schedule the other person for a thunder. Then just use the baby swap in conjunction with these for the "other person". You are able to overlap a bit if you need to. So you can essentially do one for 4-5pm and the other for 415-515, ect! Happy planning!!!

jlsHouston

So if it's nana, the 10 year old, the 8 year old and the 7 month old, nana waits at the exit for the the two big kids to finish the ride..like if it is BTMR or Splash. What about Dumbo and Pirates and Small World and WInnie the Pooh and Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise? Can you ride those and hold an infant?

I'd like to add another question. My husband has a fear of heights and will not ride rollercoasters but myself and my two kids will. The kids are 8 and 10 but still want to ride with a parent. Can I use this child swap to ride once with each of my kids?

Red Sox

Yes/no. The best way to manage this is to book four FP for the ride, and switch bands with your husband. It does "force" him to lose a FP, but it gets you all one. The official Disney policy is that child swap is only for young children under the height requirement. Your kids are likely above that, and are above the age limit.

The website specifically states that non riders are not restricted to only being under the height requirement. It states that swap may be used: "either because they do not meet the height requirement or simply do not wish to ride."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

Just so I'm sure to get this right for friends of mine who are going with young kids: Disney REALLY doesn't make both parents/adults have a FastPass in order to get in the FastPass line? That doesn't make sense...I thought everyone had to flash their bracelet...fill me in!

stevehousse

nope not necessary! you ask and you receive the pass, however, on my trip 2 weeks ago, TOT had a weird lanyard system where the group going first had to give the lanyard to a CM inside, and from there they got the paper swap pass to bring out to the next group to use. But any ride with a height requirement, we just asked. i will say that most of the time they will say they need to see the child/baby not riding. I made sure i always had my daughter in my hands or in her stroller when i would ask and would be given one without hesitation.

brittong

Just so I'm sure to get this right for friends of mine who are going with young kids: Disney REALLY doesn't make both parents/adults have a FastPass in order to get in the FastPass line? That doesn't make sense...I thought everyone had to flash their bracelet...fill me in!
That is correct. I just returned from a trip last week and never had an issue. The person who rides first can enter either standby or FP (assuming they have a FP booked for that attraction). Just have the non-riding guests nearby so the CM can see them. The first rider gets a rider switch ticket that is good for up to 3 guests and it doesn't expire for a couple of days. The guest who did not ride can either redeem it right then or later that day or any other day until the expiration date on the ticket. Or, the first rider can use it to ride again. The only time any bands are scanned is when the first rider enters on a valid FP and obtains the rider swap ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom