Fantasy's Rainforest Thermal Suite

KingStefan

Original Poster
Has anybody done this? What hours is it open? What are the times when it is most/least crowded? How much does it cost for a day pass / length of cruise pass? Can you visit multiple times in a day?

StageFrenzy

Has anybody done this? What hours is it open? What are the times when it is most/least crowded? How much does it cost for a day pass / length of cruise pass? Can you visit multiple times in a day?
I think you are talking about the Rainforest in general right? Which on the Dream consists of 3 thermal rooms (Wet, Dry, Turkish) aroma showers, Warm recliners and two hot tubs. The last two cruises on the Dream we have bought length of cruise passes, I feel like it is open most of the day and closes when the rest of the spa does. I don't remember the cost but you can go anytime and multiple times a day. It is probably most busy on sea days, least on CC day? I never felt it was too busy in there, much quieter than the rest of the ship. Men's and women's facilities also have a small sauna in them.

KingStefan

Original Poster
Thanks, StageFrenzy. I didn't realize that it was actually part of the main spa. That makes sense, though.

Are there hot tubs in locations other than the Rainforest on the cruise ships. Especially interested in the Fantasy since that is what we are booked on for Jan.

StageFrenzy

Thanks, StageFrenzy. I didn't realize that it was actually part of the main spa. That makes sense, though.

Are there hot tubs in locations other than the Rainforest on the cruise ships. Especially interested in the Fantasy since that is what we are booked on for Jan.

I believe the Fantasy pool areas are identical to the Dream other than the kids spashzone by The Aquaduck. There are 4? hot tubs. I think two in the adult area which become snug and two in the main area which becomes a bath tub for a lot of kids.

Nmoody1

We used to buy length of stay passes, but on our recent Fantasy cruise I found the spa staff to be rude and unhelpful, plus the price has increased so much. Being European and having the opportunity to sample some amazing spa's in the middle east, the hamam is amazing - it's great to go in and use the salt scrub and stay in there. The steam room and sauna are very disappointing. The steam room on the first day is scented... This scent fades rapidly, the dry sauna, whilst impressive with its floor to ceiling window, just does not get hot. Ever. The showers are ok... again, scents fade throughout the cruise, but it's still nice to try the different temperatures, the heated beds are great and they have nice hot tubs. My frugal tip would be to use the small steam room in the spa changing rooms - which are there for everyone to use. Then the hot tubs out on the adult deck (I just think that 50% of the heat in the 'family' hot tub probably comes from.... we'll. ...)

Personally, I'd take one of the cruise special deals for a spa treatment and then use the other services I mentioned above... or maybe buy a 1 or 2 day guest pass.

The spa is usually open from 7am til 10pm and I seem to remember a length of stay pass being available for couples for about 160... but I'm not entirely sure on that price!

StageFrenzy

We used to buy length of stay passes, but on our recent Fantasy cruise I found the spa staff to be rude and unhelpful, plus the price has increased so much. Being European and having the opportunity to sample some amazing spa's in the middle east, the hamam is amazing - it's great to go in and use the salt scrub and stay in there. The steam room and sauna are very disappointing. The steam room on the first day is scented... This scent fades rapidly, the dry sauna, whilst impressive with its floor to ceiling window, just does not get hot. Ever. The showers are ok... again, scents fade throughout the cruise, but it's still nice to try the different temperatures, the heated beds are great and they have nice hot tubs. My frugal tip would be to use the small steam room in the spa changing rooms - which are there for everyone to use. Then the hot tubs out on the adult deck (I just think that 50% of the heat in the 'family' hot tub probably comes from.... we'll. ...)

Personally, I'd take one of the cruise special deals for a spa treatment and then use the other services I mentioned above... or maybe buy a 1 or 2 day guest pass.

The spa is usually open from 7am til 10pm and I seem to remember a length of stay pass being available for couples for about 160... but I'm not entirely sure on that price!
The dry sauna lol, the only way it is hot is if you go for one of the scented cold showers right before you enter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom