Fantasyland Slides from the late 1970's...all aboard the Skyway!

profscottraynor

Original Poster
Back again with another batch of cleaned up WDW slides from the 70's. Today we go to Fantasyland. Hop on the Skyway and be sure to drop by the Mickey Mouse Revue.

What are your best memories of the Magic Kingdom of the 70's?

http://www.itats.org/walt-disney-world-slides-1970s-part-vi-fantasyland/

Fantasyland-Cover.jpg

dreynolds1982

Every time I see pics of it I'm reminded of just how cool looking 20K was. Just a gorgeous attraction.

And I do really miss the skyway. I guess it was a bit of an eyesore, but the views you got from it were amazing, especially at night. Plus, like the TTA, it was a great escape from the crowds.

profscottraynor

Original Poster
Every time I see pics of it I'm reminded of just how cool looking 20K was. Just a gorgeous attraction.

And I do really miss the skyway. I guess it was a bit of an eyesore, but the views you got from it were amazing, especially at night. Plus, like the TTA, it was a great escape from the crowds.

20K was probably such a nightmare to maintain but I agree that it was a beautiful ride. I'm glad that Disneyland still has a version.

NYwdwfan

Awesome photos - thanks for sharing. I could stare at the 20K lagoon for days.

This one is my favorite because it seems to dispel a lot of early WDW myths people tend to cling to:

- The parks were less crowed then (looks pretty packed)
- People knew how to dress appropriately (those two women in front appear to be wearing bikini tops)
- People kept an eye on their kids (one looks about to take a dive into the fountain while the woman next to him looks at a map)

*Sign* I do miss those water features.

Crowded-FL.png

profscottraynor

Original Poster
Awesome photos - thanks for sharing. I could stare at the 20K lagoon for days.

This one is my favorite because it seems to dispel a lot of early WDW myths people tend to cling to:

- The parks were less crowed then (looks pretty packed)
- People knew how to dress appropriately (those two women in front appear to be wearing bikini tops)
- People kept an eye on their kids (one looks about to take a dive into the fountain while the woman next to him looks at a map)

*Sign* I do miss those water features.

Crowded-FL.png

But you have to admit there are a lot less strollers.

profscottraynor

Original Poster
Great Slides! Mickey Mouse Review is one of my favorite childhood memories.

I loved the Mickey Mouse Revue ride as well. It moved to Japan but I'm not sure if it is still there. Would love to see it again but I'm sure I would not understand a word of it in Japanese.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom