1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows, Movies, and Music' started by Jahona, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Direwolf27

Direwolf27 Well-Known Member

While Queenie and Jacob had more chemistry, Tina and Nick are actually canon in the bio section of Nick in the Fantastic Beasts textbook. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like a natural pairing in the movie. Maybe because they rushed it? They literally have 4 other movies to realize their feelings for each other, so idk why this movie was the one to introduce that.

2. Jahona

Jahona Well-Known Member Original Poster

That's pretty much my thought of it felt rushed. They really didn't have to much chemistry through out the movie and then bam at the end. It wasn't enough build up in my mind.

3. Direwolf27

I think it would have been wiser to create their friendship in this movie, then introduce romantic feelings in FB 2 or 3, a la Ginny & Harry (their book romance, not the movies), or Ron & Hermione. Too late for that now though.

4. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

At least they didn't have them making out at the end, that would have been worse. I was rolling my eyes at their interaction at the end. It seemed forced. I loved Jacob and Queenie though and they spent less time together. Something was just not working with Newt and Tina.

On a side note our local theater had this display up for pictures in the lobby.

[​IMG]

DisneyPrincess5 and Direwolf27 like this.
  5. Frankie The Beer

Frankie The Beer Well-Known Member

This movie was terrible, I still can't believe I paid money to see it. Avoid avoid!

6. jensenrick

jensenrick Well-Known Member

I am curious about the "things down the road," because I'd love to be wrong about this movie, and find something good to pull out of it.

7. RandomPrincess

Are you a Harry Potter book reader? They hinted at several things that are mentioned in the books but not explained fully as they happened long ago (20s-40s) and were not important to the plot of Harry's story. I wonder if i liked it more as I was seeing all these hints to things that were fan questions/theories from the books.

Direwolf27 likes this.
  8. Direwolf27

9. Jahona

RandomPrincess and Direwolf27 like this.
  10. Jahona

Although I honestly would prefer the Cursed Child over FB.

DisneyPrincess5 likes this.
  11. Direwolf27

Cursed Child was not good. I can't speak for the live version of the play, but reading the script was not a pleasant experience. There were so many characters who acted OOC, and it didn't make sense. I saw the 'twist' coming a mile away, and I was incredibly disappointed in it. I understand that three people wrote it, so it wasn't just Rowling, but the magic was missing. Draco's son Scorpius and Ginny Weasley were the best characters in the story. Everything else was off.

RandomPrincess likes this.
  12. Jahona

I haven't read the screenplay honestly. The subject matter was more interesting to me. Although one of my coworkers made a similar comment to yours about the characters.

13. RandomPrincess

CC read like Fan Fiction in many parts of the story. I still want to see the play though. Inflection and tone my fix some of the problems on stage. Other plot points I know can not be fixed, they are just dumb to me.

Direwolf27 likes this.
  14. Direwolf27

I'd really like to see what Rowling initially sketched out for CC, because she wasn't the only author of it. Also, there is way better Harry Potter fan fiction out there, it just isn't written by Rowling.

RandomPrincess likes this.