Fantasmic Trouble shooting?

Mikejakester

Original Poster
Does anyone know a little bit about the mechanisms of Fantasmic?
I've gone 2 times all ready to see it and both times they could not finish the show due to technical difficulties... Does anyone know if that happends alot?
:mad:

Chad

I've seen it a total of 7 times, and the only problem I've had is that it was delayed once because of lightining, but the show went on! I guess you've just been really unlucky. The show mechanics are actually very simple. Trap doors, puppets and boats, nothing really 'new' was used, but what makes it so amazing is that they have been able to coreograph and organize all these things together, and make them work in order and have everything flow. Everything has to be precise, and the margin for error is very slim, because so MANY simple things are on stage, it can make one big COMPLEX problem, so it can be shut down easily, for example, if the trapdoors aren't working right, and one of the charecters can;t get off stage, a firework could easily hit them, etc..etc..
you get the point.

Mikejakester

Original Poster
yeaah I see, I get the picture...
altho I never got to see the dragon come out....

:(

but o well, hope to see it in my next visit...
thanx chad! :D

wdwcrazy

The dragon does have problems sometimes coming out. But if that happens, they have a backup plan! I've never seen it for myself, but I think the witch just casts another spell or somting. Anyone else know anything more?

Mikejakester

Original Poster
whats the script of fantasmic?

I mean I only got to see till mickey gets his sword and sparks come out, thats it I didin't see anything else, o and the witch just gets taller and taller and the waters fill with flames but no dragon!
what happens next?

Mikejakester

Original Poster
by the way whats that member thing below my name, some ppl have "earning my ears" some say junio members, another cast member, what is that?

Chad

Uh, i haven't heard about a second plan for the dragon... But the rest of the plot is ...

SPOILER

He pulls the sword and motions for the water to come up, and it does, water sprays up, *trapping* the dragon and killing him, then the water screen goes up and shows all of the bad guys being electrified...
Then, a big replica of the steamboat willie steamboat floats by, with a WHOLE bunch of charecters.

(this part is funny, because alot of people start leaving, thinking its the end, but they're missing the grand finale.)

Then mickey appears ontop of the mountain, as the sorcer's apprentice, shooting water jets and fireworls all over the place, then, with a flash of light, he appears back at the bottom on the main stage, and he says,"Some imagination, huh?" And thats the end!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Because of some technical difficulties, they have to go to Plan B. I know all the problems that may happen, so I'll try to post them here soon.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Mikejakester
by the way whats that member thing below my name, some ppl have "earning my ears" some say junio members, another cast member, what is that?

It's just something that changes every time you post fifty times. (not sure though)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by woofboy111

It's just something that changes every time you post fifty times. (not sure though)

You have to post more at each level. For instance, I won't be promoted again until I hit 1000 posts. The top ranking, for now, is Junior Imagineer. No one knows what the next level will be except for wdwmagic. He likes to surprise us. ;)

wdwmaniac

Only problem I saw was Mickey started to sing and dance and fell over and didn't get back up. Spranded Ankle. Show was a canceled and many kids thought mickey was dead. It was diffferent seeing all these cast members running out with radios and trying to get the people happy and get mickey off the stage.

Maria

I´ve seen the show without the dragon and with the dragon not leaving the stage.....ever!! If you are watching the show fr the first time, you don´t notice, but once you see it a few, you start noticing the differences if any.

I love Fantasmic! What a work of art and coordination for a lot of performers!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Here is a list of what the show may not have some times due to some difficulties:

1) Mickey not appearing on the top of the mountain
2) No splashes when Monstro hits the water on the screen
3) Animals being left out of the jungle scene
4) Mickey's fingers not shooting fireworks at the beginning of the show
5) Fireworks either misfiring or not firing at all
6) Characters being left off the steamboat
7) Bad/no pre-show entertainment
8) Lighting being slightly off
9) Late start which means Illuminations conflicting
10) No Show at all
11) Dragon refuses to leave lair
12)Dragon gets half-way out then stalls

Mikejakester

Original Poster
11 happened to me....

They stoped the show right there...
after mickey shoots sparks of his sword... Im going to see how to save it in my hard drive so i can send it to steve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom