Fantasmic to to go to reduced show schedule

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I swear I'm not gonna go until everything they closed is back up. Pretty soon they'lljust open the park doors and let you roam around the park with no shops open and no rides operating.

markymark

Originally posted by Fievel
I swear I'm not gonna go until everything they closed is back up. Pretty soon they'lljust open the park doors and let you roam around the park with no shops open and no rides operating.

Thats so true!

I am just hoping things are back to "normal" by next July.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Fievel

I second that! I mean whats the point of going?:brick:

Badger Brent

This is getting out of hand! We leave for WDW on Nov. 30th and frankly if they touch ANYTHING with regards to holidays happenings I WILL CANCEL MY TRIP!! I do understand steps need to be taken, but I own my own small business and PR is what sells my bar. What they are doing step by step is exactly what shouldn't be done to keep guests coming back. Can you imagine what Fantasmic will be like if you cut it to 2-3 shows a week! Can you say TOO crowded. Kind of like MK on Sat. in the past. There can be standing room only as it is now. I've got my MVMCP tickets in hand, passes bought, rooms paid for, meal money in savings, and spending cash at my fingertips. Yes I will dissappoint my family if this trend keeps up. This is my first kind of post responding to what's been going on. I like to lurk on this site a lot. But not latley due to what wdw is doing. I'm OUT!!!!!!

markymark

Originally posted by Badger Brent
This is getting out of hand! We leave for WDW on Nov. 30th and frankly if they touch ANYTHING with regards to holidays happenings I WILL CANCEL MY TRIP!! I do understand steps need to be taken, but I own my own small business and PR is what sells my bar. What they are doing step by step is exactly what shouldn't be done to keep guests coming back. Can you imagine what Fantasmic will be like if you cut it to 2-3 shows a week! Can you say TOO crowded. Kind of like MK on Sat. in the past. There can be standing room only as it is now. I've got my MVMCP tickets in hand, passes bought, rooms paid for, meal money in savings, and spending cash at my fingertips. Yes I will dissappoint my family if this trend keeps up. This is my first kind of post responding to what's been going on. I like to lurk on this site a lot. But not latley due to what wdw is doing. I'm OUT!!!!!!

You make an excellent point "Badger" Surely an answer to their problems is increased attendance, resulting in more customer expenditure. If WDW continue to close attractions, and reduce shows, people will not attend, which of course means less money spent!

Whilst certain cut backs are obviously necessary at the moment, people need to be reassured that these are not permanent.

Chris

Originally posted by Badger Brent

I understand your position. I have had a 16 day Disney trip planned for 14 months. We plan to arrive on Nov 16. While I am quite stressed about all of the NEGATIVE things that seem to be happening, I also know that if everyone stays home more and more attractions, rides and parades will be closed. We have the power to turn this around. Disney does not, we do! the only way we can do it is to go, go, go. Even if they close more attractions I will still go because it is time I can spend with my family. Will I miss certain things yes. Will I let it ruin my trip? NO!:sohappy:

markymark

Well said Chris! I know it's dissapointing, but don't let it spoil your trip. Lets hope if more people think the same way as you, something positive will come out of this.

I am concerned because we are going next year with family who have never been before and I just hope the will be able to see WDW in its true colours, not some half assed excuse for it.

monorail256

very mad....

there is no doubt in my mind that people will begin to cancel their trips to the Orlando area if these rides are not brought back. I don't see why they are doing all this at a very important time, 100 Years Of Magic. Do you think guests are going to want to go to a celebration if some of the most popular rides are closed down. I dont understand any of this, except money. But this is the Disney company, you knooow they have the money. They may not be Bill Gates but by damned they aren't some little company about to file backruptcy. I have recently visited the Walt Disney World website and contacted them about, Carousel of Progress and The Living Seas. Reading this information this morning makes me angry. I know it is not all "official" right now.. but if worse comes to worse I too will cancel my trip and just go to the beach. Why doesn't anything like this ever happen at Disneyland? thats my question... augh!!!:brick:

Flower

As I mentioned in another thread, people are cancelling. On Monday early morning, the dining CM mentioned she had handled many cancellations without rescheduling them.

This can only make matters worse.

It seems to me that something greater is going on here. These cutbacks have really gone too far, too fast. Why would Disney be giving people so many reasons to avoid their resorts and parks? Can an alterior motive be at hand?:confused

P.S. I thought it was strange yesterday when I received two lovely Mickey flag pins in the mail from the DVC. Amists these cutbacks, I'm getting freebies to lure me to the park. The little cards said, "Can't wait to have you home again." I'll bet.

Save your $$ on the gifts, Disney. Keep the parks going!

A

andrew j. sabat

Originally posted by Chris

I understand your position. I have had a 16 day Disney trip planned for 14 months. We plan to arrive on Nov 16. While I am quite stressed about all of the NEGATIVE things that seem to be happening, I also know that if everyone stays home more and more attractions, rides and parades will be closed. We have the power to turn this around. Disney does not, we do! the only way we can do it is to go, go, go. Even if they close more attractions I will still go because it is time I can spend with my family. Will I miss certain things yes. Will I let it ruin my trip? NO!:sohappy:
GREAT POST, CHRIS. NOT ONLY DOES STAYING AWAY FORCE WDW INTO GREATER CUTBACKS, BUT IT ALSO PLAYS RIGHT INTO THE HANDS OF THE TERRORISTS. THEY WANT US TO STOP DOING THE THINGS WE LOOK FORWARD TO AND ENJOY. IT'S PART OF THEIR "GRAND" PLAN TO SABOTAGE THE U.S. ECONOMY. WE NEED TO GO ON. MY FAMILY IS ARRIVING AT WDW ON 11/27, AND I CAN'T WAIT! WDW FOREVER-OSAMA, NEVER!!!

Badger Brent

I have really tried to keep a positive spin and outlook on all the events going on around the world and the cutbacks at WDW. Yes, I know we would be doing exactly what the terrorists want by not going. Yes, I know by not going to the parks this also hurts WDW and may result in more cutbacks. After talking to my wife on the phone, she let it be known that we will be going to WDW regardless of what else is closed or shut down. I too have put a lot of planning into our vacation and like to have things in place before I go. This time it looks like we will have to wing it when we get there. I have a feeling that schedules will be altered on a weekly basis for a long time to come. If thats the case, the obsessive types like me will have to alter their planning and how we do WDW. As a family, we need to go to WDW. It's one of the things that truly makes us happy. I know we will have fun, just not sure how this will all fall into place for planning. WHOA, I'm getting a little mushy now. Gotta go.............

McArcDes

Do you really want to cancel your trip??

I hear all of you! BUT of all the attractions that are at Disney World I have only heard of a few that will be closed.

Getting ourselves all worked up over this hurts us by casting a shadow over our trips before we leave.

My family, My wife, 4 kids and myself are leaving on Nov. 5th for a 2 week stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I would like to see Fantasmic just as much as everyone else. But if I get my self all worked up over possabily not seeing it I am already killing some of the magic of Disney and all the other rides, attractions and activities that are still open.

This is a time where we need as much of that magic as possable. If you cant see Fantasmic go on a backstage tour, rent a boat, sit on the beach, get a in room baby sitter and go to dinner with your wife (or husband as the case may be). All I am saying folks is that there is so much to do that not seeing Fantasmic or Spectromagic WILL NOT ruin you vacation unless you let it.

This is a time where we need to have a little faith, hope and just have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom