Fantasmic & Star Wars Spectacular Same Night - Mission Impossible?

ocjedi

I need help from the savviest WDW experts. I got one night in DHS that's it. I want to see both Fantasmic & Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. Fantasmic starts at 9 & the other at 9:30. Without spending an arm and a leg on special seating desert parties is this possible?

I don't expect great seats for either. My plan is sit in the bleachers at Fantasmic closest to the exit (whether that's on the top, bottom, or side. As soon as the final fireworks and lasers start at Fantasmic I'm gonna book it towards the other show. You experts who know crowd flows, obstacles, best place to exit, etc... will this work? Do you have another strategy I may be missing? Please help.

matt9112

I need help from the savviest WDW experts. I got one night in DHS that's it. I want to see both Fantasmic & Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. Fantasmic starts at 9 & the other at 9:30. Without spending an arm and a leg on special seating desert parties is this possible?

I don't expect great seats for either. My plan is sit in the bleachers at Fantasmic closest to the exit (whether that's on the top, bottom, or side. As soon as the final fireworks and lasers start at Fantasmic I'm gonna book it towards the other show. You experts who know crowd flows, obstacles, best place to exit, etc... will this work? Do you have another strategy I may be missing? Please help.

Your asking alot. Mainly because the run time of fantasmic and the exit time required to leave the theater makes it impossible. Run time is formally listed at 22-30 minutes plus think of your exit time. Special seating can't stop time.

Maybe end your day for the star wars show from another park?

Upvote 0

disneygeek90

You may miss the first few minutes of SW, but overall I think it’s possible. Just hope that the show is closer to the 22 min than the 30. Sitting at the end of an exit row will definitely help you get out of there quicker.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

I did this last summer with two little kids in tow. We sat all the way in the back of the dining package reserved seating section. As the last fireworks went off, the kids knew it was a run against time (and people). We beat the majority of the crowd out of the theater, but not all of them. I am old and out of shape, I barely made it (alive), even the kids were hot and sweaty and begging for a drink. They sat down in the street, I got them a drink and they revived. Barely!
We were pretty far back in the street, not a perfect view by any means, but adequate. So it CAN be done, whether it is worth it to you to make literally run your little buns off is up to you.

Upvote 0

GVentola

I did it one night when there was about 15 minutes between the two shows. I watched Fantasmic, stayed to the end because it is good to the last drop and I'm annoyed when other audience members leave it early. They don't know what they're missing! I got to see Star Wars in time, but didn't get the best view since others had skipped on Fantasmic and had already packed the area closest to the Chinese Theater. I'm not sure what Disney is thinking by having these two epic shows "compete" against each other!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Sunday night. Fantasmic was at 830pm star wars at 9pm. If you are placed near the exit, you can leave fantasmic easily before the boat finale. But if you wait until the end, you can forget it. If the theater is packed you aren't getting out no time soon. By the time I reached sunset, the fireworks were over but you can see and hear them while exiting fantasmic

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom