'Fantasmic!' Renovation Concepts; Thoughts?

Notes from Neverland

I'd just hope the experience at Disney World remain varied. Currently, the Pocahontas scene in Fantasmic in DHS is the only real avenue where that character is featured. I'd hate to see "more of the same" with characters featured in MK featured in a mostly similar way in Fantasmic.

Kman101

While I agree, I think it's time for a switchout. I do love that Pocahontas is featured, and I do get torn on replacing that segment, but it was the newest at the time. I'm ready for new.

brb1006

Isn't it in the Disney Sea version he is Sorcerer Mickey the entire time?
Yeah, but I'm mainly referring to Sorcerer Mickey during the climax of the original Dl version since it was pretty prominent during promotional material and pics.

trainplane3

Improving it for me would be to get rid of most of the water screen projections and add more live action. I'd rather watch a live show with actors instead of "Disney's best scenes volume 1-5". Do that and I'll finally give it a thumbs up.

ABQ

So the updated Fantasmic @ Disneyland looks pretty awesome, this video though focuses solely on the lighting and audio equipment around the Rivers of America. It certainly shows what they should have done around the hub at the Magic Kingdom though. @marni1971 will shake his head seeing the massive lighting and audio equipment which most all seems to telescope from well camouflaged locations, not ruining sight lines

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So the updated Fantasmic @ Disneyland looks pretty awesome, this video though focuses solely on the lighting and audio equipment around the Rivers of America. It certainly shows what they should have done around the hub at the Magic Kingdom though. @marni1971 will shake his head seeing the massive lighting and audio equipment which most all seems to telescope from well camouflaged locations, not ruining sight lines

Yeah, when we went to Disneyland I marvelled at how different the shoreline looked during the day and was impressed as it morphed at dusk.

They could do this to the rivers area at DL but couldn't do it in front of the "most photographed building in the world"?

Kman101

I think the Disneyland version is clearly better in a lot of ways but also a bit overrated. I think they improved upon their version. The projections are fantastic and the colors are great. I didn't care for the Pirates segment. It was cool on it's own but sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I think the one at Hollywood Studios is definitely dated by this point but gets a bad rap, the two aren't entirely all that different when it comes down to it. I like Pocahontas having a decent representation in DHS' but I think it's time to retire that segment.

I liked the addition of Aladdin and Jasmine on the flying carpet. I personally prefer the mountain we have at DHS to the river buildings on the island but I like that Disneyland is a bit more intimate and it comes alive around you, somewhat.

I like both but DHS needs updating badly. But unfortunately people still flock to it so why would they spend the money?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All I can say is if Fantasmic! does not get an update by Star Wars Land, Disney World is continuing to get the short end of the stick. @marni1971 @MansionButler84 @Lee is there any chance at all that we'll get an update?
It's on, it's off, it's on, it's off. And it also depends on future plans for the area.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom