Fantasmic FP+

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
Is Fantasmic FP+ worth it? Are the seats given in a good location? We have found in the past that the dinner package seats are at the side of the amphitheatre so the view is not great.

TheMouseFan

Is Fantasmic FP+ worth it? Are the seats given in a good location? We have found in the past that the dinner package seats are at the side of the amphitheatre so the view is not great.
The dinner package seats are now on the middle sections. I haven't personally used a FP for Fantastic, but my understanding is that there is not a particular section of seats, you are just guaranteed entry.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Personally, unless you know that you're going to be late in getting to Fantasmic (late dinner reservation) or its mega busy, or somebody in the group has issues with standing in line, I would't waste a FP on it.

JohnD

Dinner VIP seats are the best ones because you pay extra $$$ for them. FP+ seats are immediately to one or both sides of the VIP seats.

JMagicFink

Last October (2014), we waited in the standby line for Fantasmic. There was only one show that night and they gave away so many fast passes that the whole arena filled with fast pass guests. They kept announcing "standing room only for those waiting in the standby line." We ended up getting let in less than 5 minutes before show time and got seats in the very back section of bleachers off to the side. I didn't mind the seats since we were the first out, but from now on when there is only one Fantasmic showing we will be getting fast passes to be guaranteed a seat in the arena. Has anyone else experienced this since last October, or have they adjusted the number of passes and improved the process?

bethymouse

When we went back in 2007, we waited for Fantasmic 45 minutes before show began ( yeah I know). We got front row and got a bit wet as well as felt that heat.:) I wouldn't waste a FP. The seats are pretty good everywhere. But, I did actually book a dining package this year- no extra $ because we used our dining plan. To each his own, I guess.;)

FrostyNaples

FP+ for this event is pretty much if you want to have a seat in the main areas or not.

We didn't have one a few weeks ago, and were too busy getting some ice cream, so we were one of the last hoards of ppl to get in.

They kept announcing it was full and would be 'standing room only', however, their idea of standing, just means we got seated in the nose bleed bleachers section to the far end.

Nobody was standing, as a matter of fact, we tried just leaning up on the wall nearest the concession stand for a central viewing, and they wouldn't allow it for 'emergency' purposes.

I had to laugh at that, because once it was over, it took nearly 45min to funnel out of that place (without an emergency)...

It's not impressive without good viewing, i thought there would be more aerial fireworks (having never been), but it was more of a character show. Some cool effects, def need to be sitting down closer to the action to take it all in.

JohnD

Do you actually pay extra- or is it just part of a dinner package?:confused:

Compared to FP+, you're paying extra money for the seats because you're specifically scheduling a Fantasmic ADR for VIP seating. So, yeah, seats should definitely be better than FP+ if you go to the extra trouble for a dining ADR VIP ticket.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
FP is a way to guarantee a seat without having to line up 30-45 min ahead of time to MAYBE get a seat now. I never use FP for any other shows or fireworks BUT for Fantasmic we do. As others noted they may allow so many FP that there is no standby seating left. We go at slower times of the year and we did not have a FP and were not able to get in for a show. So we made a FP for it a few days later and got in no problem and did not have to wait a long time before. We personally will not go without a FP for Fantasmic ever again. :)

JohnD

Not sure about 9pm but if you were planning on standby at 10:30, go to a kiosk and get a FP+. Obviously, your three for the day will have been used by then. Two days in a row, it came up. Might as well grab it to save you the aggravation.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We have been there past two weeks and fantastic is full both evening showings. Do the Fastpass and your guaranteed a seat.
The FP does get you a guaranteed seat if you get there in time. You can't show up late and go in but if you arrive in time that is what the FP Is for is to guarantee you a seat. This is the only show we use FP for and has worked wonderfully. :)

Pluto15

The FP does get you a guaranteed seat if you get there in time. You can't show up late and go in but if you arrive in time that is what the FP Is for is to guarantee you a seat. This is the only show we use FP for and has worked wonderfully. :)

I'd recommend wishes too it's at the private garden area right in front of the castle and a great fast pass.

CarlFredricksen

How often does Fantasmic FP+ sell out?

Is this something that should be booked well in advance or can be used as a "4th FP+"? We are going over Thanksgiving so I'm leaning towards booking a FP for Fantasmic so we don't have to worry about it with the crowds, but obviously the downside is you forfeit having the ability to make a 4th FP that day, or use it on TSMM or RnR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom