Fantasmic fastpass+ vs dinner package

aladdin2007

Original Poster
Which do you think would be best to do? I realize the dinner package (brown derby) includes a reserved section of seating while fastpass+ would not or does it? Is it cheaper to nix the package and just do a reg dining reserve at derby and then use fastpass+ later? I made a reserve for the package but never saw a price, but wanted to lock it in. And yet have a fastpass+ reserve as well but one needs to go of course. Thanks!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Both have reserved seating in the two center Mickey/Pocahontas Sections. One is FP+ and one is for DP. If you are planning on eating at a FDP restaurant anyway I would do the FDP and save the FP+ for something else.

WDWYankee15

Both have reserved seating in the two center Mickey/Pocahontas Sections. One is FP+ and one is for DP. If you are planning on eating at a FDP restaurant anyway I would do the FDP and save the FP+ for something else.

Agreed, plus if you are on the dining plan and use it for the FDP you get an appetizer with your dinner, because it is included in the FDP. It is a nice little bonus perk when you book FDP. We have actually booked the FDP at Mama Melrose before while on the dining plan just to get the appetizers, even though we did not plan to go to Fantasmic! that night.

agorna

I've heard that the fastpass for fantastic offers seating in the corner sections (kinda undesirable if you ask me)... is this incorrect?? also how far in advance do you have to show up for the show if you reserve it?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I've heard that the fastpass for fantastic offers seating in the corner sections (kinda undesirable if you ask me)... is this incorrect?? also how far in advance do you have to show up for the show if you reserve it?
all the reports I have read say FP+ seating is in the Mickey Section with is one of the center sections. About 20-30 minutes.

mickey2008.1

Just did the fantasmic pkg yesterday at MM, you also get an appetizer for each person. Seating is center. i would do the dining with fantasmic and save the fast passes for something else. A real bang for the buck, no lines, extra food, one TS, then you can go to another TS somewhere else and see fantasmic. We just got back from California Grille, and that was worth two TS, plus fireworks from the most spectacular view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom