Fantasmic at Hollywood brown on dining plan?

liveforholidays

Original Poster
Do you think using 2 credits for the Hollywood brown Derby fantastic dining package is worth it? We have a reservation which seems really early(4.00) and we have 2 children who are officially adults on the plan but at Age 10 and 13 don't really eat portions like adults. I am starting to wonder if we are wasting credits and should do something else. We do like good food though and everyone seems to agree that this restaurant is great. Does the reserved seating make it worth it?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Your not wasting credits the HBD is normally 2 credits regardless of the Fantasmic package. It is a great signature dining restaurant and we always thoroughly enjoy it but never used it for Fantasmic we just enjoy dining there. We prefer before 3pm though so we can enjoy their delicious prosciutto Fettuccini they are known for. They do not have that dish available after 3pm for dinner. Sometimes they will make it if asked though.
And with the package you get seating in the middle section of the theater and guaranteed seating so yes it's worth it in my opinion. But if you only want to use 1 credit for Fantasmic package Mama Melrose is a great 1 credit option for Fantasmic package. ;)

Last edited:

DfromATX

I second @sxeensweet's comment on using 1 credit for Mama Melrose. We ate there with the package in 2013 (only ours was 3:00!!) I personally wouldn't "waste" 2 credits.

71dsp

Another vote for Mama Melrose here. We usually do Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic dining package even though we don't use the Dining Plan anymore. IMO, there are better two credit restaurants at WDW than Brown Derby.

Dawg4Mickey

We are doing Mama Melrose as well with Fantasmic for our trip. While BD would have been good, and I do enjoy eating at some of the signature dining places I just could not see wanting to spend the 2 credits this time, especially if I have children that 1: Don't eat like adults but get charged that way (I have one) and 2: Can be picky eaters (Same Child), so for us Mama Melrose was the better choice. H&V also does Fantasmic as well.

lemon meringue

A question for those of you who have done the Fantasmic Dining package at HBD- Do they ever offer ADR time slots for later times? Like the OP, I've only ever been able to find openings for 4:00 or earlier. I'd much rather eat dinner right before Fantasmic. Is this possible?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
A question for those of you who have done the Fantasmic Dining package at HBD- Do they ever offer ADR time slots for later times? Like the OP, I've only ever been able to find openings for 4:00 or earlier. I'd much rather eat dinner right before Fantasmic. Is this possible?

Not usually because they want to allow ample time to eat your meal before the show. Sometimes the restaurants are often backed up so you usually never get seated right away at any restaurant besides Hollywood and Vine in our experience. We normally have to wait at least 30 min before getting seated at HS restaurants then your meal will take at least an hour to an hour and a half. :)

Jon81uk

There is occasionally later dining times, but it depends what time Fantasmic is on. They allow plenty of time between your reservation and showtime. Also the Fantasmic package is used by Disney to fill the often unwanted 3pm and 4pm dining times. Most people want lunch or dinner reservations, so filling the inbetween time up for the package makes sense for them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom