Fantasmic and WOC Package/show ?s

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
OK, so I have seen Fantasmic in WDW and both my wife and I did not love it. But that might have had to do with the crowds ect...so in the years since we never took my daughter or son since they are young and waiting is tough.
I see that DL has a Fantasmic Dessert package. Wondering is it worth it, especially with two kids under 5(daughter is almost 5, son is 1 and half). Also, are infants(kids without park tickets) free?
As for WOC, do young kids get into too? Worth us getting a Dinner package?
Thanks for any feedback!

GiveMeTheMusic

OK, so I have seen Fantasmic in WDW and both my wife and I did not love it. But that might have had to do with the crowds ect...so in the years since we never took my daughter or son since they are young and waiting is tough.
I see that DL has a Fantasmic Dessert package. Wondering is it worth it, especially with two kids under 5(daughter is almost 5, son is 1 and half). Also, are infants(kids without park tickets) free?
Thanks for any feedback!

Fantasmic is a completely different and far superior show at DLR, but outside of the dessert package, waiting with crowds is inevitable. The dessert package isn't awful. I don't think it's the best vantage point (it's kind of off to the side) and you don't get a lot of bang for your buck foodwise, but if it's the only way you can stomach seeing the show and you've got the money to burn, go for it.

Infants get in free to the park (all kids under 3 are free).

World of Color is a different animal - dedicated viewing area, but no seating, even with dinner packages. It's standing room only unless you need special assistance due to a disability in your party. You can get a Fastpass for entry to the viewing area for free - dinner packages give you "dead center" and more primo sections in the viewing area, but that is again debatable - WOC is so huge that you don't NEED to be dead center to enjoy it, but you definitely don't want to be on the far edges.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Fantasmic is a completely different and far superior show at DLR, but outside of the dessert package, waiting with crowds is inevitable. The dessert package isn't awful. I don't think it's the best vantage point (it's kind of off to the side) and you don't get a lot of bang for your buck foodwise, but if it's the only way you can stomach seeing the show and you've got the money to burn, go for it.

Infants get in free to the park (all kids under 3 are free).

World of Color is a different animal - dedicated viewing area, but no seating, even with dinner packages. It's standing room only unless you need special assistance due to a disability in your party. You can get a Fastpass for entry to the viewing area for free - dinner packages give you "dead center" and more primo sections in the viewing area, but that is again debatable - WOC is so huge that you don't NEED to be dead center to enjoy it, but you definitely don't want to be on the far edges.
Thank you! Do you know if kids under 3 need to pay for the dessert package?

westie

We did the Carthay Circle dinner package with WoC tickets and it was well worth it. close enough but not too close because if theres a breeze the people really close up can get a shower!

Furiated

I've done the F! Dessert package twice, we love it. It's true that you are off to the side a bit, but I thought we still had a great view.

There are assigned seats, but you don't pick your seats until you check in at the kiosk in the park, I think an hour or so before the first F! of the night. Even if you are seeing the 2nd show, you'll check in before the first show. There will be a line to check in so get there early as the first people get first choice of where to sit, and you can pick seats closer to the center of the show. Also, and I think they'll tell you this at the kiosk, if you are in the back row of a section, you are allowed to stand up, which is nice. Especially if you have kids that can't see over the people in front of them.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I just did a Carthay Circle WoC package and was actually disappointed in the viewing location. I thought it was too far to the right. As a whole, WoC (or the viewing area itself) are not constructed for optimal viewing. I'd almost rather watch from the bridge going into Paradise Pier. As it sits now, the angles of the viewing area to the fountains are wrong-and I must add, IMO.

Disneyfanman

We've done the dinner package twice with WOC and I recommend it. As for Fantasmic, we kind of cheat. There is a restaurant (River Belle Terrace) with tables on a patio that overlook the staging area. One of our party heads there a couple of hours before the show and waits to grab a table at the railing. We switch off up until the show and stay connected with cell phones. It affords a wonderful view of the show, and we are seated with food and drinks. I've been doing it for years.

thomas998

Thanks for any feedback!

Just did the Fantasmic package about 3 weeks ago... My take on it might be different from a lot of die hard DL fans but because we've probably been to WDW a few more times than DL it might be more in line with what a long time WDW visitor would see.

The show... yes it is slightly different from WDW's version. Frankly I prefer the WDW version over DL because at WDW you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for a seat. The vast majority of the people that view it at DL don't do the package, they stake out a place around the river hours in advance.

Without the package you will be forced to give up a substantial amount of time staking out a place to see it from. So if you want to give up 2 or 3 hours to get a good spot then it will be fine.

The package deal has a couple of problems. You will still be forced to stand in line... even after you get your ticket in the morning they will tell you that you need to be at the little check-in desk 1 hour before the show.... Well don't listen to them. We were lucky and just happened to see a line forming 2 hours before the show. So we stood in line, so that we could pick our seat.... even though we were there 1 hour before we were supposed to need to be we were still far enough down the line that the best seats were already gone by the time we got to check-in. Now the only upside to the check-in is that once you do check-in you pick your seat and are free to go where ever you want for about an hour before the show starts knowing your seat is there when you get back.

The desert tray consists of a soft drink or water (a bottle or can) and you can have more than one which is a plus. The desert tray consisted of 2 small chocolate balls the size of a small marble, 3 of those little Babybel mini cheese rounds, 2 packages of crackers, 1 tiny bite size cheese cake, 1 tiny bite size lime/lemon tart, 1 macaroon, 1 tiny bite size chocolate thing, 1 cookie, some grapes and 2 small pieces of packaged cheddar cheese. For the price I would say you are probably putting about half the price of the package in the seat and the other in the desert tray (but remember its based on outrageous Disney prices). If you were to buy all the things in your desert tray yourself you have maybe 5 dollars of stuff. So don't go expecting something that spectacular.

As for the paying for under three, I expect if they take up a seat they are going to have to pay whether they eat the stuff or not...

We have done it once and the kids enjoyed it... more than they did WOC... but they didn't love it so much that we will be doing it again. If you have the money to burn, then do it... but don't assume you wont need to arrive early. you will still need to get there early.

As for WOC... if you don't get the package deal then at the very least go get yourself a fastpass for it asap on the day you are going to watch it because they have the place sectioned off into groups, get there late and you get the worst location to watch from. Get there earlier and you get the better spot.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Quick question, do I have to buy the pre fix to get the world of color passes or can I order what I want as long as its at least an app and entree?

BubbaQuest

For Ariel's and Trattoria, it is a fixed menu. There are a couple of options to choose, steak or chicken, but from a limited menu. Carthay's has switched back and forth -- fixed menu or specific items from the full menu. When you call to make reservations, be sure to ask about menu options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom