Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

SuddenStorm

User "dlrcm" on the MC forums is saying that he saw the show after a shift the other night. He's being extremely vague- but here's some of the things he said about the show:

"So, I watched a pretty much full run of Fantasmic!! 2.0 the other night after my shift and....O.M.G. There is just so much happening visually. Lights, Laser, Projection, Pyro. We are all in for a treat when the show is complete!"

When asked about the music, pacing, and feel of the show:

"Its all different. And by different I mean it's all there from the previous version but everything has been re-done and sounds "grander" I guess you could say. A lot more of Mickey in the show too both voice and physically"

Confirms that the scene leading into the Columbia segment is the same.

When asked what the strongest new addition is:

"Honestly I wouldn't even say it's any particular scene because all of the new effects and the more vibrant projection is really the most noticeable thing throughout the entire show. that opening scene though is amazing"

When asked if the opening and finale are the same:

"Those two are still the same! With a lot more lighting, projection, special FX, etc..."

This person's entire 15 comment history on MC has been about Fantasmic, so I'm surprised we didn't get a more detailed review but they're likely trying to keep it a surprise (or, haven't really seen the show, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt).

TTA94

Doesn't sound like FanTRASHmic to me.

The new show is going to be truly spectacular.

I wonder how they will fit in MSEP with all the crowds F! will get? Yes they have ran nighttime parades before with F! and fireworks, but now with F! being all new and shinny plus higher crowd levels now a days....

They might regret that decision to extend MSEP lol.

SuddenStorm

I wonder how they will fit in MSEP with all the crowds F! will get? Yes they have ran nighttime parades before with F! and fireworks, but now with F! being all new and shinny plus higher crowd levels now a days....

They might regret that decision to extend MSEP lol.

Overall, they did fine running ptn, dl forever, and Fantasmic for the 60.

But we will never forget the debacle that was that 24 hr day

Old Mouseketeer

It will be fun seeing fantasmic mickey speaking for the first time with the new mickey heads they recently introduced. :)

Recently? Magical Map is four years now and Soundsational is longer than that. I wouldn't call articulated heads "recently". Even Gesture Recognition (Star Wars/Groot) is almost two years now.

nevol

User "dlrcm" on the MC forums is saying that he saw the show after a shift the other night. He's being extremely vague- but here's some of the things he said about the show:

"So, I watched a pretty much full run of Fantasmic!! 2.0 the other night after my shift and....O.M.G. There is just so much happening visually. Lights, Laser, Projection, Pyro. We are all in for a treat when the show is complete!"

When asked about the music, pacing, and feel of the show:

"Its all different. And by different I mean it's all there from the previous version but everything has been re-done and sounds "grander" I guess you could say. A lot more of Mickey in the show too both voice and physically"

Confirms that the scene leading into the Columbia segment is the same.

When asked what the strongest new addition is:

"Honestly I wouldn't even say it's any particular scene because all of the new effects and the more vibrant projection is really the most noticeable thing throughout the entire show. that opening scene though is amazing"

When asked if the opening and finale are the same:

"Those two are still the same! With a lot more lighting, projection, special FX, etc..."

This person's entire 15 comment history on MC has been about Fantasmic, so I'm surprised we didn't get a more detailed review but they're likely trying to keep it a surprise (or, haven't really seen the show, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt).
Either they are risking their job, in which case their opinion is only so valid if they are dumb enough to take that risk, or they are a plant- a way for disney to give us some information ahead of the premiere without giving it all away in press releases. Jokes, sort of. I am happy to hear from them and about what they have shared so far.

SuddenStorm

Either they are risking their job, in which case their opinion is only so valid if they are dumb enough to take that risk, or they are a plant- a way for disney to give us some information ahead of the premiere without giving it all away in press releases. Jokes, sort of. I am happy to hear from them and about what they have shared so far.

This guy's account is over two years old, his profile photo is of Murphy, his username is dlrcm, and his entire 16 comment history is from the last month- all regarding facts Fantasmic!. Many would say that's an obvious plant- I don't have an opinion either way.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This guy's account is over two years old, his profile photo is of Murphy, his username is dlrcm, and his entire 16 comment history is from the last month- all regarding facts Fantasmic!. Many would say that's an obvious plant- I don't have an opinion either way.

His handle stands for Disney Land Really a Cast Member.

Old Mouseketeer

That doesn't surprise me, being honest. What I'm more curious about is if Mickey is in the show more, will Bret have re-recorded Wayne's bits in the show. I know it's a little thing but I'll be sad to hear Wayne gone.

We're always sad to lose voice actors we have identified with. There will never be a substitute for the original Linus in the Peanuts specials. His recounting of the xmas story is a classic. I'm thankful the HM Ghost Host is such a perfect doppleganger. And I miss Mason Adams for Smuckers.

brb1006

DDM3xVSUAAI1vBI.jpg:large

Professortango1

Overall, they did fine running ptn, dl forever, and Fantasmic for the 60.

But we will never forget the debacle that was that 24 hr day

I wouldn't call guests forced backstage/unable to exit the park, and the entire park being a one-way loop "fine." Disneyland really needs to move firework/parade stuff to IASW only to keep the hub and exit clear for guests not wishing to watch the shows. The parks are just too busy these days for Main Street to be a seating area for 2 nighttime spectaculars.

Phroobar

I wouldn't call guests forced backstage/unable to exit the park, and the entire park being a one-way loop "fine." Disneyland really needs to move firework/parade stuff to IASW only to keep the hub and exit clear for guests not wishing to watch the shows. The parks are just too busy these days for Main Street to be a seating area for 2 nighttime spectaculars.
1rjfem.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom