Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

Curious Constance

That coincides with D23, which is indeed the target opening for the river, railroad and Fantasmic.

A small part of me is kinda bummed I won't get to see the new river stuff, ride the railroad, and try to finally see Fantasmic for the first time this month, but a larger part is relieved that this isn't going to be debuting when I'm there, attracting everyone under the sun to the park.

TTA94

Depending how well the new F! is received, could that potentially determine if Paint The Night returns to DL or moves to DCA?

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm sure I'll hear it on my way in and out of The Haunted Mansion. While I've very much enjoyed the peace and quiet on that side of the park, I used to like watching the pirate ship go by from the porch.

SuddenStorm

@GiveMeTheMusic 's confidence in the new Fantasmic is a good thing- I'd imagine it means all the changes being made are "safe" and that Disney isn't trying to rewrite the show- just swap a few scenes so they have something new to market for DL before SWL opens.

But, not every Disney show is a hit- Light Magic being a notorious example. If Disney were to change this show enough where the only thing "Fantasmic!" about it is the name and score- I doubt that would save it if the changes are bad.

But it sounds like Disney's just swapping a few scenes, re recording a few things, and throwing in some new technology. If a few of the things that are swapped are bad- we can look at it like we do having Jack Sparrow (I'm sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow) in Potc while still enjoying the overall show.

Curious Constance

@GiveMeTheMusic 's confidence in the new Fantasmic is a good thing- I'd imagine it means all the changes being made are "safe" and that Disney isn't trying to rewrite the show- just swap a few scenes so they have something new to market for DL before SWL opens.

But, not every Disney show is a hit- Light Magic being a notorious example. If Disney were to change this show enough where the only thing "Fantasmic!" about it is the name and score- I doubt that would save it if the changes are bad.

But it sounds like Disney's just swapping a few scenes, re recording a few things, and throwing in some new technology. If a few of the things that are swapped are bad- we can look at it like we do having Jack Sparrow (I'm sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow) in Potc while still enjoying the overall show.
That was a good self-soothing talk you just had there. ;)

vancee

Someone over at micechat who predicts a lot of stuff correctly is saying that fantasmic will open next week and everything else open next month. Don't know how true this is.

vancee

That would be way ahead of schedule from the July-at-the-absolute-earliest people have been throwing around. I'll wait on @GiveMeTheMusic 's judgment.
They have been rehearsing for awhile though, if you live close to Disneyland you could hear them at 6 am. I saw someone on Reddit who lives right next to Disneyland post an audio clip of them rehearsing like 2-3 weeks ago, they could hear it from their backyard. And this person who posted multiple things were correct about the trail, new parade viewing rules, and many others.. Maybe the person is wrong, there would've probably been an announcement by now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They have been rehearsing for awhile though, if you live close to Disneyland you could hear them at 6 am. I saw someone on Reddit who lives right next to Disneyland post an audio clip of them rehearsing like 2-3 weeks ago, they could hear it from their backyard. And this person who posted multiple things were correct about the trail, new parade viewing rules, and many others.. Maybe the person is wrong, there would've probably been an announcement by now.

Rivers of Light was rehearsing for almost a year (on and off).

SuddenStorm

Do you have that reddit link? That could be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom