Family threatens lawsuit after snake bite at Disney Park

shipley731

Original Poster
Just putting this out there:

http://www.wesh.com/news/family-threatens-lawsuit-after-snake-bite-at-disney-park/37695090

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. —An Alabama family says an escaped snake at Disney's Animal Kingdom dropped from a tree and bit a boy, which led to the death of the boy's grandmother.

The family's attorney, Matt Morgan, said Thursday that the family plans to sue Disney World.

He says the grandmother saw the snake bite the boy, went into cardiac arrest and died a short time later.

A Disney spokeswoman says the allegations mischaracterize what happened.

Disney contends the snake was wild, not part of an Animal Kingdom exhibit, and that there was no call for an ambulance for the grandmother after the incident.

Disney also says after the boy was treated with a Band-Aid, the family returned to the park.

Disone

After the grandma died?
I am thinking in Disney's version of the story, Grandma went to first aid with the rest the family for the boy that was biten, and also left with the rest of the family.

On a side note, where did this snake escape from? Rafiki's planet watch?

mm121

Not to discount the story, but there's definitely information missing.

Nothing to really see here, Disney lawyers will get this dealt with.

raymusiccity

I hate snakes, but I need to find this one and cash in!

Gee whiz, it's Florida. No one's surprised to find snakes scattered everywhere. Last year we saw what looked to be a good sized garden snake near the hot tub at Bay Lake Tower. No one freaked out.

This was very unfortunate, but, there's no negligence on Disney's part.

image.jpeg

yoda_5729

Obviously the loss of anyone's life is paramount and I do wish the family well wishes in coping with the loss of a loved one. That's what ultimately matters here.

My only real question, and it doesn't have to be in connection with this story, but does Animal Kingdom actually have a poisonous snake on display. All the snakes I've seen at Animal Kingdom, as an exhibit, are usually pythons or boas. Either way in this story it doesn't say the family member was actually victim of any sort of venom from a venomous snake. I was just curious, does Disney even have them. I know some people are scared of venomous snakes, and Disney might avoid them for that reason,or not have a zookeeper trained in them. Regardless, Cottonmouths are found throughout Florida, as are a few rattlesnakes. Many rest stops even warn people to be careful as poisonous snakes can be found there.

Last edited:

HRHPrincessAriel

Gee whiz, it's Florida. No one's surprised to find snakes scattered everywhere. Last year we saw what looked to be a good sized garden snake near the hot tub at Bay Lake Tower. No one freaked out.

This was very unfortunate, but, there's no negligence on Disney's part.

View attachment 128337
That's because I wasn't there. I would have gone into full freak out mode. I'm terrified for snakes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom