Family of 5 would like 2 bathrooms. All Star Family Suites??

jenluvswdw

Original Poster
Hi, Starting to weigh options for our next trip. Our last trip we rented point from a friend from blt. I do not see that as being an option now because friend's family has grown and she will be using them. :( So I wanted feed back on All Stars Music Family Suites. We have never stayed at a value as a family before. How are the food court, buses, pool bar???? I was also considering two rooms at Riverside
(we loved Riverside) or Animation. However, the best rate is the Music. Thoughts anyone??
Here are the ages 2 adults, DS 15, DS 6, DD toddler (at time of trip).
THANKS!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Music will be the best rack rate value suites, but there are very few of them available. AoA suites will be slightly higher but pretty much everything from the room layout to the resort is better at AoA.

I would go with AoA if you go with a value suite.

but....

Depending on the promotions at the time, 2 rooms at a moderate are sometime less expensive than one of the value suites. Two rooms at a moderate will give you more room and better amenities at the sacrifice of the mini kitchen. This would be my go to option if the cost was lower than a single suite at AoA.

totaldisneygirl

I stayed in a Suite at the All-Star Music Resort in late May. It had two bathrooms, one king (queen?) sized bed, a full sized pullout couch, and two single pullout cots and 5 of us stayed in there very comfortably. The transportation was no big deal! You just have to get there at the right times to avoid the lengthy lines. We only used the food court for breakfast and it was fabulous! It was quick, easy, and just like any other counter service you'd encounter in the World. If you want to save money, this is a great option and you would be totally fine but if you could splurge on hotels, especially since yo have smaller children who would enjoy the theming, I would most definitely do it!

slappy magoo

Hi, Starting to weigh options for our next trip. Our last trip we rented point from a friend from blt. I do not see that as being an option now because friend's family has grown and she will be using them. :( So I wanted feed back on All Stars Music Family Suites. We have never stayed at a value as a family before. How are the food court, buses, pool bar???? I was also considering two rooms at Riverside
(we loved Riverside) or Animation. However, the best rate is the Music. Thoughts anyone??
THANKS!!
You could still rent DVC points. Just not your friend's points. There are websites dedicated to facilitating the transactions to minimize any risk to either the owner or the renter. Usually about $14 a point.

StarWarsGirl

THANKS!!
I would go with two rooms at POR. The busing situation between the All Star Resorts can be hectic. Second best option would be Art of Animation or two rooms at Pop (both of which are nicer than the All Stars, newer and the busing situation is better). Also, if you are looking for a good pool area, POR is best. The food is pretty decent at all of the values. The pool areas at the values do not include waterslides or hot tubs (Art of Animation has the nicest pool area, but no water slides). POR will definitely have a better pool.

HOWEVER...renting points could still be an option for you and is probably your best option given that you're looking for a nice pool area and two bathrooms. For that, you should head to the DVC section. A two bedroom unit will have two bathrooms, one master bedroom, one addition bedroom, and a sleep chair and/or sleep sofa (which, I can personally say, are extremely comfortable). I can't guarantee that you'd be able to get BLT, but you could get one of the other DVCs, and ALL OF THEM ARE NICER THAN THE VALUES AND MODERATES.

jenluvswdw

Original Poster
Thank you Slappy Magoo and StarWarsGirl95! I was thinking renting points would be pricy but now I will have to consider that too. I just wish more DVCs had the one bedroom 2 bath set up. I get the pool situation too. I will have to rely on my boys to see how important that is to them.

Kristamouse

We have five kids from 10 to 9 months and enjoy the ASMU Family suites. The kitchette was great for small snacks/steam cleaning the breast pump parts and bottles in the microwave/ cold drinks from the fridge/ large sink for washing refillable mugs, sippy cups, etc. Two bathrooms are a must for us if staying longer than 2 nights. We have stayed in PORS and it was not enough room (we had four kids then one was in a crib). As we travel during Labor Day week we have never had two adjoining room price out less than a suite. This year we would have gone Art of Animation but are traveling with my Parents and brother and his family and they booked single rooms. The Little Mermaid, the single rooms at AoA were not included in Free Dining. We tend to eat Breakfest in our rooms an the rest of meals in parks so no sit down ever bothered us. We also drive to the parks in our own car so never had to wait on a bus. The pool bar was great, I do laundry twice on our trip and the kids swim while DH and I enjoy an adult beverage or two. We haven't stayed at a Delux yet, just couldnt justify the cost since we are n the room so little. I have looked in to renting points and will most likly try on out next trip as we will need a two bedroom villa. We are staying with ASMU in 38 days and looking forward to it:)

jenluvswdw

Original Poster
We have five kids from 10 to 9 months and enjoy the ASMU Family suites. The kitchette was great for small snacks/steam cleaning the breast pump parts and bottles in the microwave/ cold drinks from the fridge/ large sink for washing refillable mugs, sippy cups, etc. Two bathrooms are a must for us if staying longer than 2 nights. We have stayed in PORS and it was not enough room (we had four kids then one was in a crib). As we travel during Labor Day week we have never had two adjoining room price out less than a suite. This year we would have gone Art of Animation but are traveling with my Parents and brother and his family and they booked single rooms. The Little Mermaid, the single rooms at AoA were not included in Free Dining. We tend to eat Breakfest in our rooms an the rest of meals in parks so no sit down ever bothered us. We also drive to the parks in our own car so never had to wait on a bus. The pool bar was great, I do laundry twice on our trip and the kids swim while DH and I enjoy an adult beverage or two. We haven't stayed at a Delux yet, just couldnt justify the cost since we are n the room so little. I have looked in to renting points and will most likly try on out next trip as we will need a two bedroom villa. We are staying with ASMU in 38 days and looking forward to it:)
Thank you for the insight! I priced out renting points and while it is a good deal around 500 a night for dvc room it is still out of our price range. This was helpful! Have an awesome Trip!!! :)

Capsin4

Music will be the best rack rate value suites, but there are very few of them available. AoA suites will be slightly higher but pretty much everything from the room layout to the resort is better at AoA.

I would go with AoA if you go with a value suite.

but....

Depending on the promotions at the time, 2 rooms at a moderate are sometime less expensive than one of the value suites. Two rooms at a moderate will give you more room and better amenities at the sacrifice of the mini kitchen. This would be my go to option if the cost was lower than a single suite at AoA.

And 4 beds to go with the two baths! Don't the value suite only have one real bed with the rest being pull outs?

jenluvswdw

Original Poster
Good point! If I get 2 ajoining room that is 4 real beds.... But the kids won't care. Hmmmmm. I think the biggest decision would be if I want the kitchenette or more resort amenities. Will have to take a family vote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom