Family Magic Tour...

Budahman

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone has done the Family Magic Tour and how it was.? This is the Scavenger Hunt tour in the Magic Kingdom. We wanted to do this maybe with our Niece and Nephew, they are 14 and 9 but want to make sure this is something they'll like.
Thank You.....
:)

disneygirl03

My family did this tour a few years ago. I thought it was pretty fun. At the time me and my sisters were 14, 12, and 9, so we were the same ages as your niece and nephew. I liked it because we got to see some things in the MK that I hadn't really seen before. The guide was good too. I forget exactly how long it lasted, but it was atleast a couple of hours. I hope this helps you a little. :)

Budahman

Original Poster
Very Cool.
Can you remember any of the things that you went looking for on the tour/hunt.?
The Birnbaum guide says it is about 2 hours long which should be good so we can do other things as well.
I done another tour a few years back, but it was the 4 hour long tour, and it wasnt a scavenger hunt. Wanted to try something different and slightly shorter then the 4 hours. :)

disneygirl03

Hmmmm. Let's see. Well, the whole idea of the tour is that you'r supposed to be saving the Magic Kingdom from being taken over by Captain Hook. I remember stopping by the barber shop on Main Street, looking for a hidden Mickey by the Timekeeper, a Cinderella statue by the castle, and going into Cosmic Ray's. At the end of the tour we met Peter Pan, who then took us on a ride. That's about all I remember for now. Overall it was a fun tour, and it's not too long like some other ones. Be prepared to do some silly things!!!

DarkImage4

Yeah....it's a fun tour for the young and the young at heart. My wife and I did this tour on our honeymoon. It's a groups scavenger hunt and you follow clues to find "hidden" things around the MK. We met Belle and she took us on IASW. The fun part is the spontaneous nature of the guide as well as his ad-libs going along with exactly whats going on. On our tour there was a small construction wall around a tree, and he said something like, "see, the pirates are already taking over...and changing things." He even reacted to the distant sound s of the fireworks and explosions from Cinderella's Surprise Celebration as if they were harbingers of doom.

All in all it was fun, I don't know the ages of the kids in our group, but they all seemed to enjoy themselves.

Lightyear

We took this tour in July it was hot hot hot, running around! It was very fun! It would be a real drag if you dont have the Disney Magic, there are lots of silly commands. My kids had a blast. The best part was the end. We met the sweetest Belle, she held and kissed my daughter (the only young girl on the tour). We rode It's a Small World and I have the best pictures of Belle and my daughter. She even remembered all of our names the next day. It is a fun way to spend your morning!!

Lisa

pepsistar

:D Sounds like fun-- my grandson is 7 and we have been looking for something new for him to do-- All of the tours looked soooooo long! Or he was to young "OR" they were to much $$$$--- :( This sounds like a good one! Do you remember the time/$$ per person? by chance?

He wants to go to the Richard Petty Experience! "BUT" he is only 7, almost 8 so it will be a while. Hope it will still be around! :lookaroun

Budahman

Original Poster
All the posts really helped. Looks like we'll try to do it. I really like thats its just 2 hours or so long. For the $25.00, I dont think you can beat that anyway.
I do give Disney props, they seem to have tours for most all kinds of people, and of different likes.
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom