Fall/ Fall Advantage 2007 CP

Bug715

Name: Kate

Program: Fall 2007 (Aug - Jan)

School: Georgetown College

Major: Communication and Media Studies

Hometown: Louisville, KY

Position: Merchandise

Class(es): Communication class and possibly an independent study.

Other info: I am sooo excited!! I've wanted to do this since middle school! I created a Facebook group for people from around Kentucky.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Magicmyway

Hey All!
Here's Mine....

Name: Bethany

School: Purdue University- West Lafayette Campus

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: Marshall, IN

Position: Full Service Food & Beverage, I want something at MGM

Other info: I graduated from high school early to do the Careerstart Program February-August 2006. I worked in Liberty Square Merchandise. I met my boyfriend of about a year at Disney (we both worked at MK) and we both decided to go back down again! May 23, Ill be there! :sohappy:

Courtney488

So I went to the presentation and did my interview today, and I think it went really well! I was the first person there, so I got a chance to talk to the interviewer before it started. His name was Andy and he was super nice. It didn't even really feel like a job interview, it was just getting to talk to someone about Disney World...which I do all the time to everyone I know, so yeah. lol. So I'm fairly sure I'll be getting accepted. I listed transportation and operations as my top choices.

Scar Junior

Original Poster
So I went to the presentation and did my interview today, and I think it went really well! I was the first person there, so I got a chance to talk to the interviewer before it started. His name was Andy and he was super nice. It didn't even really feel like a job interview, it was just getting to talk to someone about Disney World...which I do all the time to everyone I know, so yeah. lol. So I'm fairly sure I'll be getting accepted. I listed transportation and operations as my top choices.

Haha! I know Andy well... he is the recruiter for the upper midwest (aka my boss). I'm glad to hear it went well. Hopefully we'll see ya down there!

Lexxweb

Name: Garrett

Program: Early 2009 (Jan-June)

School: Valencia Community College

Major: Entertainment, Marketing, Engineering

Hometown: Sarasota, FL

Position: Operations (Attractions, hopefully Jungle Cruise)

Class(es): No clue

Other info: I haven't applied yet, obviously. But it is something I've wanted to do for a LONG time. I'll be working at Walt Disney World in June 2008+. See you all at the college program, however, in 2009 :D

:cool: Lexxweb<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Parkeit

Name: Parke

Program: Fall 2007

School: Clemson University

Major: Political Science

Hometown: Columbia, SC

Position: Custodial

Class(es): None

Other info: I am so excited! I am graduating in May and had no idea what to do with myself...so i decided to fufill a childhood dream!

Courtney488

Name: Courtney

School: University of Michigan Dearborn

Major: Communications

Hometown: Lincoln Park, MI

Position: Operations

Class(es): Not sure yet

Other info: Just got my acceptance letter today, and I am soooo excited! I've wanted to do this for a really long time. :) Now I just have to go talk to co-op people at my school and make them let me do it. lol
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Name: Ashleigh

School: LFCC

Major: Biology

Hometown: Front Royal, VA

Position: Operations or Lifeguard, haven't decided yet

Class(es): Not sure yet

My interview is coming up on April 10th, wish me luck!

frank.montel

Name: Frank

School: Purdue University

Major: Management

Hometown: Petosky, MI (Originally Orlando!)

Position: QSFB

Class(es): Possibly Marketing you and/or human resource management

Piebald

Good luck to everyone.

I'm not a CP.... but I'm part time and in college so ... I know how it is for you guys :wave: (except I don't work 60 hours a week like some of you do!).

Don't be nervous about the phone interviews either, apparently they take anyone and everyone based on some of the people we have been getting in my area for awhile now! :lol:

AndrewRnR

Name: Andrew

School: John Carroll University (Cleveland, OH.)

Major: Communications

Hometown: Shelby Twp., MI. (suburb of Detroit)

Position: Operations

Class(es): Hospitality Management & College Program Practicum

Other info: Got accepted as operations and asked for a roller coaster during my interview (which my interviewer thought was cool and we talked roller coasters for a few minutes!). This will be my first CP.

nsu_demon_05

Name: Brian

School: Northwestern State University , Natchitoches

Major: Theatre

Hometown: Natchitoches, LA

Position: Don't know yet, all i know is I'm Operations!!!!!!

Class(es): im not sure, i wanna do the prof. developement one for entertainment, but if i have to do the others than im doing the experiential learning or something like that

Other info: I've been to DisneyWorld 3 times going on 4 this Saturday for spring break!!! then i arrive August 15th to live/work/breathe there!!!! I'm so excited! Hit Brian Foster up on facebook if ya want! LETS GO!:D

CaptainMichael

Name: Michael

School: Louisiana State University

Major: Business Administration: Management

Hometown: Slidell, LA

Position: Transportation, ideally Monorail Pilot

Class(es): Undecided. Probably communication or Marketing You

Scar Junior

Original Poster
Hey all, I'm a Campus Rep at the U of Minnesota and we just got done with our presentations today. Andy, our recruiter, is holding interviews tomorrow. We had a little over 40 people show up and a little over 20 signed up for interviews. Yeah, its off topic a bit but I just thought I'd share that info with you.

I'm glad to see this thread is still alive and kicking.

-Brad

CaptainMichael

Hey all, I'm a Campus Rep at the U of Minnesota and we just got done with our presentations today. Andy, our recruiter, is holding interviews tomorrow. We had a little over 40 people show up and a little over 20 signed up for interviews. Yeah, its off topic a bit but I just thought I'd share that info with you.

I'm glad to see this thread is still alive and kicking.

-Brad

50%, that's good. Our presentation was Monday and it was my first time applying, but I've been to 4 since I've been here. There weren't as many people as usual and only about 6 interviewed.

Scar Junior

Original Poster
Just to update... we had 24 interviews from the 45 people who attended the presentation. 53%, I'm rather happy!

If I accept the role, I'll probably either be doing Jungle Cruise or Great Movie Ride.

Gumdropjen

Program: Fall 2007 (August 27th - January 4th)

School: Camden County College

Major: Elementary Education

Hometown: Bellmawr, New Jersey

Position: Merchandise

Class(es): None

Other info: I can't wait until August!!! Feel free to contact me on myspace if you are also in the Fall Program. :D http://www.myspace.com/gumdropjen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom