1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Fall 2013 Mickey Monitor - AP Magnet inside

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by MissM, Aug 10, 2013.

1. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

Got my Fall 2013 Mickey Monitor yesterday and opened it to a pleasant surprise. The oval "WDW AP" magnets that everyone loves (but only NEW AP's, not renewal or existing Passholders) were getting was INSIDE my issue!

Ignore the crappy cell phone quality pic:
    [​IMG]

It says, "Here's an attractive instant perk! Because we're so fond on your magnetic friendship, we've attached a special Passholder magnet for your car, refrigerator, amphibious landing craft - pretty much any space where it can be stuck and enjoyed. We cannot thank you enough for "sticking with" out Passholder family."

Here's the cover:

[​IMG]

So those of you who didn't get a magnet before (like me), keep an eye out for your Mickey Monitor. There should be one inside!!
    lilclerk, caslers and Cody5242 like this.
  2. Cody5242

Cody5242 Well-Known Member

I got mine as well!
  3. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

Sweet! I bet they had a LOT of Passholders asking why they didn't get one and where could they get one so they must have decided to do another run of them. When I emailed and asked about it, I was told they were a limited thing that were given out to new Passholders only as part of their "welcome" kit and that they didn't anticipate how many AP's would want one! :)
  4. Goofnut1980

Goofnut1980 Well-Known Member

I called central reservations the other day and the CM was telling me how so many AP holders were complaining that they wanted to buy one... so Disney sent them out... I can't wait till mine comes...
    wannabeBelle likes this.
  5. Knothead

Knothead Well-Known Member

Wow, and to think I just tossed mine in the trash. I could have sold it to one of you clowns. Oh well.
    JimboJones123 likes this.
  6. Disney Dawg Fan

Disney Dawg Fan Well-Known Member

I got mine Tuesday I think. I'm glad I finally got it because my buddy got one when he got an AP back in March and I couldn't find a way to get one.
  7. tare

tare Well-Known Member

8. PhotoDave219

PhotoDave219 Well-Known Member

And how much are these going for? I have bills....

Edit: Holy S. Average of $10 on ebay but one for $100....
  9. Disney Dawg88

Disney Dawg88 Member

Man I've been an out of state AP holder for the past three years and I've never received one of these. I've always wondered why I never got one. Hopefully there will be one with my Mickey Monitor.
  10. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Well-Known Member

If they sell for that much on ebay, I may just raffle mine off for Give Kids the World or something if it comes.
  11. luv

luv Well-Known Member

I got one, too! :) I think they went out in all the Mickey Monitors.

I usually toss mine, but decided to look thought it because it had the quasi-HM cover. Glad I did. Another magnet to cover up my hideous air conditioning unit.

I'm going to laminate that HM pic on the inside of the front cover and turn it into a magnet, too.

That AP MNSSHP pin is not the best one I ever saw.

I haven't read one of these in a long time. Either I'm more bored (possible!) or it was more interesting. :)
  12. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

They are 40 bucks on ebay? What in the world lol. And me and another forum member were talking about this a while ago. The magnets are cool
  13. deanaandrich

deanaandrich Well-Known Member

Too bad they didn't send one for every member in the household with APs. Now we have to fight over it.
  14. Nmoody1

Nmoody1 Well-Known Member

I live in the UK so never get a Mickey Monitor... But disney are still willing to take my $700 a year!! :( boooo
    The Empress Lilly and luv like this.
  15. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Oohh New Mickey Monitor Finally! I await with anticipation!
  16. jrlbc06

jrlbc06 Active Member

What is a Mickey Monitor? Like a newsletter? I am a new (since April) AP holder and haven't received anything in the mail.
  17. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a little Passholder newsletter that goes out 4 times a year and talks about what's new or upcoming (like this issue reminds you about Passholder discounts to MNSSHP, talks about Food & Wine Festival, upcoming Fairy Tall Hall, etc.) and is generally just a cute little advert for Disney. They only send them to US addresses and typically one Passholder per household. (Though in the past, some months I've gotten two; one for me and one for Love and other months didn't get any.)

Every now and then there will be a freebie like info on picking up a litho at a certain date/time kinda thing. Not often though. Don't recall them including anything like a magnet actually IN the magazine before.

I know a lot of people probably don't really read it (I tend to skim it) but I didn't want anyone to miss it and just toss it without knowing the magnet was inside.
  18. luv

luv Well-Known Member

Yup. It's a little booklet that comes a few times a year, filled with ads about the cool stuff you can come and do (and buy) at WDW.

If you don't get this one, you should get the next one. :)
  19. Vader2112

Vader2112 Well-Known Member

I have 2 I received one with my thank you for renewing my APs and now with the Fall Mickey Monitor. Interesting thing it indicated the Princess Fairtale Hall was opening this fall. I thought 2014? Was this just an error?
  20. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

The 7 Dwarfs coaster is 2014. The Princess meet has always been fall 2013 and is rumored to be next month.
    Vader2112 likes this.