Trip Report Fairytales Do Come True...

Well friends, we've returned from a magical, rainy, pixie dust filled trip that will NEVER be topped in my book. :) I have so much to share with you that I simply couldn't wait any longer! The first post is a little word-heavy, but I promise the rest of the report will have LOTS of pictures!

Here's my PTR if you'd like to read it!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/prince-charmings-1st-trip-june-2017.922944/

Here we go! :joyfull:

Tuesday, 6/6

We had a 4pm flight out of Pittsburgh so fortunately didn't have to rush around much the morning that we left. We did some last minute packing and cleaning before loading everything up and heading to drop Tink off at my parents' house. She spent the first 4 days there and the last 4 days with Dylan's mom (and her wiener dog boyfriend :angelic:).

It's never easy leaving this sweet little baby. :( She knew something was up! Fortunately she was a good girl all week and had lots of fun with her grandmas! ;)
IMG_0047.JPG

Disney here we come!!!!! :joyfull:
IMG_0050.JPG

We were on the road a few minutes after 1pm and it didn't take long for me to take over Dylan's Pandora with the Disney station. :p We arrived at 3pm and parking was a nightmare! We were starting to really cut it close and I was stressing. We went to check our bags and were informed that our flight was delayed until 7:30pm due to weather. It was extremely frustrating to be delayed, but it was a blessing in disguise because we were so short on time. So much for having time to do something on arrival day. :(

We went to TGI Friday's for some snacks. Dylan had pretzels and I had French Onion Soup. I was dreaming about BOG soup. :hungry: It was fine, nothing spectacular! But it filled our tummies and held us over until we got to Orlando.
IMG_0052.JPG

After our long delay, we finally boarded our flight and took off right on time at 7:30pm.

fullsizeoutput_3640.jpeg

Let me just preface the next part of my report by saying we literally had the BEST flight crew ever! They were so much fun!

The flight attendants went through the typical safety speech but when they were done, one came back over the intercom and said, "I've been asked what to do if you have more than one child. Which one should you put the mask on first? You put it on the one who has the most earning potential OR the one who's going to change your diapers in the years to come. Because that's coming." :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

When we started our descent into Orlando, the same flight attendant came back on and sang our landing directions to the tune of "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain." Then, another flight attendant came on and sang a farewell song to the tune of "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah." I wish I would have recorded them so I could remember the words. They were HILARIOUS! I love Southwest. :)

We finally landed at 9:30pm and headed to ME. Dylan stopped for some McDonalds in the food court on the way, lol. My mom bought me a Belle MagicBand for Christmas and I had called the day before to get it activated because it wasn't letting me do it myself. Well, it still wasn't working when I scanned it at the ME counter. :cautious: Fortunately, I had thrown my band for this trip in my carry on so scanned it for the time being.

Being that we landed close to 10pm, I wasn't sure about whether or not ME would get our luggage for us. The CM at the counter said we were fine and they would get it. It made me a little nervous, but we took her word for it.
IMG_0054.JPG

We boarded a boring Mears bus at 10:10 and pulled out a few minutes later. The welcome video was broken so we watched Brave instead. :(
IMG_0055.JPG

We arrived home at 10:45pm! :joyfull: This is the best I could do, lol.
IMG_0056.JPG

We went to the front desk to get my MagicBand fixed which only took a few minutes. I also never received my "room ready" text so had to figure out where we were staying. We were in the Hoops Hotel section! I took these pictures later in the week since it was dark when we arrived. :)
IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

I had requested a first floor room, thinking it would be nice to not have to walk up and down steps or ride the elevator. It ended up being pretty noisy with all the people walking by. We're both heavy sleepers and even more so because we were always exhausted at the end of the day, so it wasn't a huge deal. But I just thought it was worth mentioning for those of you who are light sleepers or have little ones!

We stopped in the food court for a snack and our mugs, as we were on the dining plan. We ate our snacks in our room and then hopped into bed!

I woke up at 3:30am and we still didn't have our luggage. There was a message on the phone that was left at 1am saying our luggage was there.. to call when we needed it and they would bring it to the room. I went back to sleep and called when we got up at 6:30am. I was on hold for 15 minutes and when they answered, was told luggage services didn't open until 7am. :cautious: Then why did you leave me a message saying to call when I wanted it delivered? Our luggage arrived a few minutes after 7am so it ended up being fine.

Next up, Magic Kingdom!!!! :joyfull:

7,183 steps
5.74 miles

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11

Since we had such a late night at AK, we decided to sleep in a bit before heading to Hollywood Studios for the day. We were on our way around 10am.
lRzXrjp+SHSTKP0iR+WaFw_thumb_51ed.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51ee.jpg

We look tired. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_531d.jpg

We turned down Sunset Blvd. and paused for a few more pictures!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5322.jpg

Dylan felt incredibly awkward when we were taking these and I refrained from telling him what the photographer was doing. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5324.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5325.jpg

We continued on our way to our first FP+ of the day! Unfortunately, our FP+ wasn't very fast...
ohCxU1E2TlanFWFJO47ZoQ_thumb_51f1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f2.jpg

Dylan had no idea what this ride entailed so his reaction to the first drop was quite entertaining. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5373.jpg

prfctlyximprct

I am super excited you loved Rivers of Light!! Your pictures are beautiful!!! I listen to the music all the time, it seems so perfect for an Animal Kingdom park finale. I am glad you thought of me ;)

Seriously jealous of all your Disney time. Currently researching ways I can get from the Caribbean to Disney... we shall see. Maybe we can have a meet up next June ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

We stopped to say hi to Bellhop Stitch as we checked out of the hotel. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f3.jpg

Next up was our Star Tours FP+. I forget exactly which scene we got, but I do remember going underwater. It was one of the better ones that I've had!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f4.jpg

It was nearing lunchtime following Star Tours, and it only took us a minute to decide where we would be eating!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f7.jpg

We shared the banquet hall with one other family. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51fa.jpg

We both had pepperoni - though I miss Pizza Planet A LOT, the pizza is still the same greasy goodness that it's always been. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51f9.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

Olaf only had a 5 minute wait and if you know me, you know I could never pass that up. :p He was very excited about my ring and said that it sparkled like him. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_52cd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_52d0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_52d2.jpg

He wanted to make a heart and this was the result. :hilarious: We couldn't see what it looked like, so I wish the photographer would have given us some help. It would have been a really cute picture!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_52d4.jpg

We gave Olaf one last warm hug and then went to get in line for the Frozen Sing-a-Long!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51fb.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51fc.jpg

I knew Dylan was cringing as we got in line, but I also knew he would be pleasantly surprised. Spoiler alert: he was! This ended up being one of his favorite shows. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_51fe.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5200.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5201.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5202.jpg

Will I ever stop getting teary eyed during Let It Go? :cry:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

We waited in the 20 minute standby line for Great Movie Ride (RIP).
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5203.jpg

We were sent here to wait! I've never noticed this before... is it new?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5204.jpg

Our guide was Jarrod and he did a great job!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5205.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5206.jpg

We had the gangster scene!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5207.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5208.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5209.jpg

vRgTuMKTSMK%fZfqXdaOZQ_thumb_520a.jpg

I've never really been a fan of this ride so I can't say that I'm sad to see it go. I'm really excited to finally have a Mickey and Minnie ride! I think it's going to be awesome! :joyfull:

blreinsel

Original Poster
yea! Your back!

Finally! :joyfull:

I am super excited you loved Rivers of Light!! Your pictures are beautiful!!! I listen to the music all the time, it seems so perfect for an Animal Kingdom park finale. I am glad you thought of me ;)

Seriously jealous of all your Disney time. Currently researching ways I can get from the Caribbean to Disney... we shall see. Maybe we can have a meet up next June ;)

You're going to love it! I can't wait for you to see it! :inlove:

I'll plan my trip home to visit next summer around your Disney trip. :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
We have two things in common that most complain about.

I love Pizza Planet pizza! I was genuinely upset when Pizzafari changed their pizza's.

I love Dinoland! There's something cheesy about it but I love it. Primeval Whirl makes me laugh the whole time I'm on it.

I hope the Pizza Planet/Rizzo pizzas never change! They're so yummy! :hungry: I completely agree about Dinoland! Primeval Whirl is an underrated ride!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

Next up was my (and @samantha788's!) favorite show- Beauty and the Beast! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_520c.jpg

We didn't catch the Pixar Live show this trip, but more on that later!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_520b.jpg

We found decent seats and waited for the show to start. It is SO HOT in this theater! There is literally no air movement. :in pain:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_520d.jpg

Picture overload coming up!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_520e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5210.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5214.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5216.jpg

Love the Beast's new look! :inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_521a.jpg

I will never stop getting giddy for Be Our Guest. Never! :rolleyes::inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5217.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5219.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

Just a few more, I promise. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5227.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5228.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5229.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_522c.jpg

Following the show, we had a FP+ with some toys to attend to! I cannot WAIT for this expansion to be done!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_522d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_522e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_522f.jpg

We were lucky enough to be sent to the new track- woohoo! Dylan didn't understand my excitement. :rolleyes:

My attempt at a ride picture. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5230.jpg

Close, but I was victorious! :joyfull: We got pretty competitive on this one. As always, I felt like my arm was going to fall off at the end. The win was worth it. :p
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5231.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, 6/11 cont.

We decided to wait the posted 45 minutes for Rockin' Roller Coaster since it's my favorite (other than FOP, of course). :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5232.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5233.jpg

Found @lostpro9het while we waited in line.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5234.jpg

We were missing our sweet girl quite a bit by this point in the trip. :cry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5235.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5236.jpg

Our stretch was indeed waiting for us out in the alley. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5237.jpg

This was not planned. He's a natural. :inlove: Do you notice something missing from Dylan's wrist?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5378.jpg

We were walking through the gift shop when he realized his band was gone. I panicked.. I was sure that it was gone for good. Laying somewhere in the depths of RnRC. :rolleyes: I asked a CM what we should do and she told us to ask the CM's at the end of the ride if it had been found in our car. If not, we'd have to go to guest services and get him a card to use for the remainder of the trip.

We returned to the end of the ride and I asked if they had found a Magic Band. The CM asked me what color it was and what it said on the inside. I answered correctly and my prize was a green MB. :p I can't believe it was still there! It had obviously fallen off at the very beginning of the ride.. gravity is a powerful thing. :D

I was able to grab a FP+ to ride again immediately, so we went back through the line to board another limo! His band stayed securely fastened this time around. ;) We're very original with our poses.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5377.jpg

We had done everything we wanted to do at that point, so we made our way out of the park as it started raining. We had exciting plans for the evening! :joyfull:

kaitertot5249

He told me that he likes going for a few hours in the evening and just doing a few things with lower crowd levels. I have to say I enjoy it, too. :)
This is my dream :rolleyes: to be able to just pop into the parks after work, grab some authentic mickey shaped snacks and be in the magic on a weekly basis would be incredible.

Dinoland gets a lot of negativity, but it was a really fun place to be at night! There was fun music playing and CM's leading a dance party. Call me crazy, but I actually kind of like this area. :p
I think Dinoland is great because its kitchy! Everything that people dislike about it are the things that make me like it. There's something extremely unique about the area and while I do think that the space could have been better used and the rides are kind of cookie cutter carnival rides, its still a very well done cookie cutter carnival ride area.

Doc Disney

I've never really been a fan of this ride so I can't say that I'm sad to see it go. I'm really excited to finally have a Mickey and Minnie ride! I think it's going to be awesome! :joyfull:

I agree!!! I HATE the GMR and its no secret so when everyone is all sad about it I don't get it. However, my Mom then points out how I usually hate change and I cried over Wishes for weeks....I guess now I get why some people are sad haha

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congrats on your move!! I can't wait to read about your many adventures!!

Thank you! :) I need to get this TR finished up so I can start writing about our adventures as pass holders!

And you didnt even talk to me!

Ask @wdisney9000.. I'm shy about talking to people when I'm not sure if they recognize me or not. :rolleyes:

This is my dream :rolleyes: to be able to just pop into the parks after work, grab some authentic mickey shaped snacks and be in the magic on a weekly basis would be incredible.

I think Dinoland is great because its kitchy! Everything that people dislike about it are the things that make me like it. There's something extremely unique about the area and while I do think that the space could have been better used and the rides are kind of cookie cutter carnival rides, its still a very well done cookie cutter carnival ride area.

It's such a luxury! Lol. It opens the doors to doing so many things that we've never had time for on a week long trip.

I completely agree! I love carnivals, so that probably helps things. :)

I agree!!! I HATE the GMR and its no secret so when everyone is all sad about it I don't get it. However, my Mom then points out how I usually hate change and I cried over Wishes for weeks....I guess now I get why some people are sad haha

Lol! :hilarious: To be fair, Wishes was awesome and deserved weeks of tears. GMR does not. :rolleyes: I respect those who love it... I'm just not one of them. :p Change is good!

I thought I was going to hate the Frozen sing along before I saw it for the first time. Now it's a must-do on every trip!!

I feel like a lot of people skip it because they think it'll just be a rehash of the movie- which it somewhat is but there's so much more to it than that! The historians just make the whole thing. It's definitely a must-do for me!! :D

dizfan917

I'm having lots of fun following along. I'm sorry you're not more adventurous in the dining department. I love amazing flavors and combinations, but I'm not a big fan of eating meat that looks like the animal it came from (grind it up and I'm good!!). I wonder how you'd like Spice Road Table or Tangerine Café in Morocco in EPCOT. Both are delish!! :0)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom