Fair review of FP+, Memory Maker and Magic Bands part 2

Victor Kelly

Original Poster
Memory Maker aka: Photopass

On the whole, worth every penny to us. We had 617 photos done, which equals out to .28 cents per picture. Benefits are never having a member of your party missing from a picture. Most character locations have photopass photographers there. Photos are usually available online within a few hours or less. The photographers can usually accommodate a special picture upon request, so do not be afraid to ask.

Criticism: Not enough photographers, either roving or stationary. On Main Street in MK they were always there or on a hub spoke. But like the other parks, you could not count on them being at a lovely or popular photospot. Not all character greets in the parks have photopass photographers, and none of the character breakfasts, lunches or dinners have the photopass photographers with the characters. I can understand why they don't have them at character dining, but it would make it easier on the guests so they dont have to keep having their cameras ready.

Lastly: There was an upload server issue while we were there from Jan 7-17. On the 12th the pictures were never uploaded. I called on the 26th and they manually had to put the photos into our online account. We knew they were there, but they never made it online. I want to make it very clear that the issue was resolved in a very quick and friendly manner by CM Justin who was helping me. He did a great job.

Suggestion: Add more photographers. That is really it. More people with cameras out in the parks, both roving and stationary. This is coming from a photographer.

Overall: The Disney photographers are very pleasant to interact with, and can accommodate special shots if they are not swamped by people. My suggestion is that with the price you pay, do like my wife and I did, see a photographer, go get a picture. Even if you are getting it in the same spot on a different day or even if you go to another photographer 30 feet away from where you just did a photo, go get another one. Each photographer is a little different in their style. Heck if you go full circle and see a different photoprapher in a spot you already got a picture.........get another one.

Internet, websites, wifi:

You will need all of the above to plan, make dining reservations (ADR), make FP+ reservations and connect to in park apps and websites. A word of caution here, the systems can be slow to non-responsive at times across the board. Internet can be slow as can the websites due to all the traffic. Wifi can be hit or miss within the parks, outside or especially inside buildings. WIFI no work so well under lots of concrete and metal.

As a result my wife and I can suggest putting all dining times and reservations on index cards as well as all FP+ times. Or put that stuff in a note on your phone, tablet or the tablet TV you are carrying with you.

Criticism: If you are going to flaunt it Disney, you should be able to handle the traffic and use that thousands of guests on their devices can shell out. Hech even the mobile magic band readers had trouble a lot of the times.

Suggestion: Upgrade the wifi, beef up the entire system period, get more coverage in the parks. Put in wifi repeaters in buildings, streets and attractions. You spent billions for this electronic stuff, spend some more to make it work better. It needs reliablity for your guests if you insist on making apps to check times, maps, show and character locations and times, FP+ and dining reservations. Get it together.You are doing really good. But you can do better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom