Express Pass question

Frees Fan

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone knew how the EP works as far as the number of passes available for a certain time period. I went to USO with a friend yesterday and arrived in the park at 10:30am. We immediately went to ROTM to get an EP for later in the day. I was shocked to find out that despite the park only being open for 1.5 hours, the FIRST available time for ROTM with the EP was 7:15pm! Does anyone know how so many passes are distributed so early in the day? In the past, I've arrived at 11am and all of the EP's are gone. This doesn't make sense. I know the ride is popular but...come on! The park wasn't THAT busy yesterday. Can anyone shed some light as to how this works? Who are getting the EP's for early in the day?

Thanks for any help and information provided!

Legacy

First off, they don't release anywhere near as many as Disney does. I think they will only release about 200-300 for every hour slot, and the reason for that is to keep the Stand-By lines moving quicker. Disney releases more per hour (I wouldn't be surprised if it was double or triple what Uni releases), and that is why the Fast-Pass line will sometimes be a 20-30 minute wait. You won't find that with Express, where you will encounter no longer then a 10 minute wait.

Hope that helps.

I know that most of the rides in Universal have a very small hourly capacity, so that might explain why they don't give out as many express passes.

Legacy

disneydummy125 said:
I know that most of the rides in Universal have a very small hourly capacity, so that might explain why they don't give out as many express passes.
Small capacity how? Most of Universal's rides have a capacity comparable to Disneys.

Frees Fan

Original Poster
Thanks for the info guys. I'm probably going to head over there tomorrow morning early and will try to find out what the story is.

BTW...luckily I'm feeling better now. I missed the damn Disney meet this weekend because of bad head cold. I HATE summer colds...they are the worst! :hammer:

Dizneydude87

Universal Express is also offered to resort guests. It's unlimited use would call for a smaller demand of standard EP users. They have to figure in, if they have 300 regualr EP guests an hour, they will also have x amount of resort Express guests. This may explain why it sells out earlier than say Disney's FP does. Also, Universal's Express lines seem to go by quicker than Fast Pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom