Express Monorail Beam Closed Today for TCS(Automation) testing with Monorail Coral.

MonorailLover

Original Poster
At MK today with the family. Got here early to the TTC. We interestingly were sent to the resort line, as the express was inherently closed. Thinking nothing of it, we listened and just got on.

Now, at 12:40 local time, leaving the park, Monorail coral came into the MK station, both sides of the doors opened instantly, to close exactly 5 seconds later, and as it starts speeding away, I see the pilot with two other unknown Cast members in the back control car with two small vintage WDW monorail posters, printed on 8.5x11 paper with writing I could not read.

Now what I expect it to be is probably training, but I'm not sure. Could anyone confirm something is going on?

Last edited:

MonorailLover

Original Poster
Testing the automation already?

I friggen hope so. I was hoping for it, but I didn't want to make a scene.

So, it isn't suspicious activity - it is merely odd activity.

I consider it to be suspicious when it's a packed July day, when a large part of MK's transportation is closed... Yet it's still running... People are peed off to half hell and bugging the CM's

PhotoDave219

At MK today with the family. Got here early to the TTC. We interestingly were sent to the resort line, as the express was inherently closed. Thinking nothing of it, we listened and just got on.

Now, at 12:40 local time, leaving the park, Monorail salmon came into the MK station, both sides of the doors opened instantly, to close exactly 5 seconds later, and as it starts speeding away, I see the pilot with two other unknown Cast members in the back control car with two small vintage WDW monorail posters, printed on 8.5x11 paper with writing I could not read.

Now what I expect it to be is probably training, but I'm not sure. Could anyone confirm something is going on?

First, May I ask you to edit the title so it doesnt sound so alarmist? Can you take the word "Suspicious" out and replace it with something else?

Second, the monorail goes down at least once a week. So often that the contingency plans are put into place every day.

Seriously, it breaks down one-twice a week. Last interesting thing was when part of it fell off the Epcot loop in a guest area.

MonorailLover

Original Poster
Second, the monorail goes down at least once a week. So often that the contingency plans are put into place every day.
Dave, it's definitely not broken, per say. It's obviously working for some sort of testing or training. I do not think they would stick monorail posters on the cab windows with text that I could not read, that isnt part of the original poster. Again, I'll send pictures later if I can get them.

IMFearless

The monorail automation does seem to be going on for a long time.

Does anyone know the expected completion date or if they are currently behind schedule?

I'm sure I heard they were behind with it but haven't heard much recently.

MonorailLover

Original Poster
The monorail automation does seem to be going on for a long time.

Does anyone know the expected completion date or if they are currently behind schedule?

I'm sure I heard they were behind with it but haven't heard much recently.
It's definitely behind schedule. I think they underestimated he time required to refurb their existing computer system. Most 90's technology wasn't made to be as intuitive to upgrade later like the newer today tech. That I know of, peach is one of the only ones with the automation soft/hardware installed. May be wrong on color, but that's why I believe that's what's going on.

I tried to take a picture, but didn't get a good shot. First shots proof of the unreadable poster on the front cab, while the second shows driver in back cab with the poster again, but right on the left border of the picture.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Clamman73

It's definitely behind schedule. I think they underestimated he time required to refurb their existing computer system. Most 90's technology wasn't made to be as intuitive to upgrade later like the newer today tech. That I know of, peach is one of the only ones with the automation soft/hardware installed. May be wrong on color, but that's why I believe that's what's going on.

I tried to take a picture, but didn't get a good shot. First shots proof of the unreadable poster on the front cab, while the second shows driver in back cab with the poster again, but right on the left border of the picture. View attachment 103797
View attachment 103798
Isn't that Coral? Did it have the Delta marking or not?

Jahona

I tried to take a picture, but didn't get a good shot. First shots proof of the unreadable poster on the front cab, while the second shows driver in back cab with the poster again, but right on the left border of the picture. View attachment 103797
View attachment 103798

I can't tell what those pieces of paper on the windows say. The first one looks like an image of a giraffe and the other one looks to be the same but at the resolution posted it kinda looks like parchment paper.

MonorailLover

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom