Trip Report Expedition Pig Search, Whirlwind Sister Trip - Jan '17

Hey friends! We just got back from our sister trip on Sunday. :cry: I just now got my pictures on the computer, so it might take a few days to get them sorted out.

Figured I'd start the report while I am sitting here watching Hunted on CBS. Is anyone else watching it? A good friend of mine is one of the fugitives, and it's so surreal to see him on TV. But also the intense music they use on this show is making me anxious, so I need to do something while I watch. :joyfull:

Looking forward to sharing about all the fun we had!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Following!

Welcome welcome welcome!!!

Count me in too. That's cool about your friend being on Hunted. My guy is watching it. Which one is your friend?

Thanks for following! He's the cocky one calling himself "wolf" :joyfull:. He's had that nickname forever, and I love that it fits perfectly with the show. I know Hilmar too, but not as well. He was in my year in college, so we had a few classes together. But Lee and I used to run together all the time...for fun, not from the government :hilarious:

PacNWTigger

My guy thought it was pretty ballsy of your friend to leave that note for the Feds! :hilarious: I went to bed early, so I'll have to watch the rest of the episode soon.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
My guy thought it was pretty ballsy of your friend to leave that note for the Feds! :hilarious: I went to bed early, so I'll have to watch the rest of the episode soon.
Yes, he's good at being a smart ***. :p

K...I'm hereeeee :D

I am in as well.

Following! :)

So many new TR starting .... tracking this TR!!! ( as soooo many other TRs, how will we be able to work?):joyfull:
I'm the same way! I love reading them all, but they definitely distract me from work. haha!

I stalked your insta during this trip. Was hoping you'd start the TR soon. YAY!!!

Following. And for once, I'm not late to a trip report :cool:

Welcome welcome welcome! Working on pictures now so I can get rolling tonight.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Ok. Y'all ready? Here we go!

On Wednesday I picked up sister at about 5:45pm and we headed to Nashville to stay with my friend. We didn't stay up long after we got there because we had an early morning. I took a shower and went to sleep pretty quickly! At 3:30am I awoke to my alarm and quickly sprang into action. It's not hard to get up when you know you're going to Disney World!

At about 4 we left for the airport. My friend was so sweet to get up so early and drive us so I didn't have to pay for parking. Love her!!! She had to work that day, so I hope she got some more sleep when she got home. She took this picture of us before we headed into the airport

Eep!!!

There was almost no one at security. The TSA agents were a lot friendlier than usual. Maybe because of our matching shirts and sister's Mickey ears? I ordered the shirts on Etsy (MouseApparel). I had to get them custom made since Lilo and Nani aren't really a common sister duo that people think of. I didn't want to do Anna and Elsa since sister doesn't like that movie. The small ended up being too big for sister, but we made due. I should have done a crew neck style for her, but I wasn't thinking :oops:. The ears are from Etsy too! Got them a while back though.

We were at our gate by 4:40 and our flight was at 6:10am. Sister drew a little bit and I read. She drew this really cute Stitch!

She also started a Belle drawing that was looking good. I didn't know how good of a little artist she was! I only see her for a few hours each weekend, so we usually just end up playing a game or something.

Pretty soon we boarded the plane! I checked us in the day before right at 6:10am (woke up early for it...) and still got B group. UGH. Luckily there were some seats together in the back, and it was fine.

We got to watch the sunrise from the sky. It was beautiful!

We made it to the fonorail. I tried to explain to her why I called it that (@Doc Disney didn't you coin that term?). She was confused, but it was early. :p

We made it to the line for Magical Express at about 9:15. It was around 20 minutes before we boarded the bus and 10 or 15 more until it left. They kept waiting for more people to get on, which was annoying me. I get it though...I mean it seems wasteful to take a bus with 5 people on it. By the time we pulled out of there the bus had probably close to 40 people on it.

Ahhh!!! The people next to us totally scoffed at me taking a picture, and I almost gave them the stink eye.

The bus stopped at Caribbean Beach first, and I think we were next? We arrived at 10:45 at the Boardwalk. I sent sister off to change into her shorts in the bathroom and I snapped a few pictures.

When sister got back, we left our bags with bell services and headed to our first park!

There was already a bus there waiting to take us to....

Animal Kingdom! I don't remember why I chose this for the first day. Probably because it was arrival day and I figured we'd have less time that day. Anyway, we were there and we were excited!

Up next: Fun in AK

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I just realized I didn't do the "who what where" thing at the beginning. I guess I'm getting cocky! I just assumed everyone knows who I am :hilarious:

WHO: Me and my sister (29 and 13 respectively)
WHAT: Sister trip! This was her combo birthday/Christmas gift
WHERE: Boardwalk
WHEN: Jan 19-22, 2017

This was originally supposed to be at Coronado. When our dad passed away on Thanksgiving, I made the decision to move us to a deluxe. I wanted the trip to be perfect for her, and I knew she would love it at the Boardwalk. I also got a great AP discount.

Now, back to Animal Kingdom. Sister had started saying she was hungry before we got to the park (this would become a theme...she is ALWAYS hungry). I was going to get us lunch before our first FP, but since the whole "getting there" thing took longer than I thought, we needed to go ahead and ride our first ride.

We used our first FP on Dinosaur. I thought she might like it. I personally don't, and I made the mistake of telling her that before we got on. I'm sure that colored her opinion, and she said it wasn't that great when we got off. Oh well! At least we don't have to ride again...

Next we finally got our lunch!

We went to Restaurantosaurus, a new one for me. Sister got the burger meal and I got the chicken sandwich. The taste was great, but the chicken was REALLY chewy in spots. That's really off-putting, but other than those bites, it was good. ha.

As we were getting ready to sit down, a cast member brought a pin board over to us. I bought us lanyards and some random pins to trade before the trip, but we had no idea what we were doing. We each traded something, and it was pretty fun! We had no idea what we were getting into...

As I was going through my pictures, I was wondering why in the world I took a picture of the exit sign, then I remembered the "Exit-osaurus" made me laugh :joyfull:

I don't know why I was creeping on these CMs to take a picture. I like it though!

Up Next: More AK

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
One more update before I get ready for bed! It's 8:45 :hilarious: I can't help it...I love to sleep.

We decided to forego any of the other things offered in Dinoland in favor of our next FP.

Some of her friends told her they loved Everest, so she was excited about it!

Here we go!

I can't find the photo pass photo from that one. But she LOVED it! She commented on the hair ties, and I was like DO NOT TOSS ONE OUT THERE! She had no idea why I was so passionate about it, but I was not going to let her contribute to that horrible tradition :p

When we got off the ride, guess what? She was hungry again :rolleyes:. I told her leading up to the trip that I would buy her lunch and dinner, but everything else would be on her. She had plenty of Christmas money, but her mom only let her bring $100. She had to try to make that last for 3 days. Given her appetite, I had to try and talk her out of some stuff. She'd been talking about a Mickey bar since we got there though, so she got one. Down to $95! :joyfull:

I was taking pictures of the details around us while she ate

I had made some plans on the Touring Plans lines app, so we were loosely following that. We headed to the Maharajah Jungle Trek next because of that plan. Stopped at this cool fountain on the way.

It's mesmerizing!

The trek was nice! I think I've been back there before, but it's been a while. It's beautiful!!!

Up next: my favorite show in the World!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom