Expedition Everest Video

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Hey it's a free country but when it impacts the cleanliness and appearance of a ride then I kind of take issue with it. How is that any different than throwing napkins empty water bottles or trash on the ground? They already have general housekeeping issues and this just adds to it. Maybe it feels whimsical and carefree when you do it but it just seems inconsiderate to the rest of the park goers who do not and who may not appreciate it. It is this sort of attitude that keeps them from selling gum in the parks. Not trying to attack you here but offering a counterpoint...
I completely understand your point. I also think this particular thing goes along well with the theme of the ride. Only in the sense of all the flags, gear and individual items that people who have scaled everest use. Granted, hair ties are far from ANYTHING required to accomplish such a feat, it just seems fitting and it's not technically causing detriment to the ride itself. Most people don't even know about it so if it stays that way, cool. If it becomes something that gets out of control, by all means, shut it down.

Again, please note that I am in no way saying you are wrong. I completely respect your viewpoint.

FettFan

Two things I have always wondered about EE

1 - why do they show you the shadow of the Yeti tearing up the track AFTER you have already seen the torn up track?

Story structure mate.
a. Find evidence of a Yeti (mangled tracks and a distant roar)
b. Yeti starts actively coming for you. (shadow ripping up tracks, and roaring)
c. Confrontation with and escape from the Yeti.

Also, notice that the shadow is on the wall in front of you...meaning that the Yeti is ripping up tracks behind you. Hence, the Yeti is what actually sent you on the steep drop off the side of the mountain.

copcarguyp71

Story structure mate.
a. Find evidence of a Yeti (mangled tracks and a distant roar)
b. Yeti starts actively coming for you. (shadow ripping up tracks, and roaring)
c. Confrontation with and escape from the Yeti.

Also, notice that the shadow is on the wall in front of you...meaning that the Yeti is ripping up tracks behind you. Hence, the Yeti is what actually sent you on the steep drop off the side of the mountain.

I get what you are saying but I interpret it an entirely different way. Either way it is hands down our favorite ride at AK but I still scratch my head once I get off the ride on the continuity.

laynalee07

Despite the yeti not working properly OR the hair band issue, it's a great ride!
I come off smiling everytime! That's why I love WDW so much!
We can complain about all the issues on these boards, but once you're there you just have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom