Expedition Everest effects status watch

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I don't know if this is 100% accurate but according to my sister the yeti was moving today. I was asking her about it and she said it was actually grabbing at her instead of its usual static state so idk?? anyone else in the parks today??
No offense, but hundreds of yeti motion reports have been filed. As much as I'd like to believe you, I don't believe the yeti was moving.

Just rode it on March 28 and the yeti was not moving but it looked like maybe his arm was repositioned. I've been a passholder for 2 years now and didn't realize it was even supposed move Untili stumbled upon thiS thread.

Chef Mickey

Not sure if anyone's seen this, but I just rediscovered a video with a demo of the yeti working with no sheet covering it. Couldn't find it for a while but here's the link:
Yeti is at around 1:10. Also has some other cool animatronic demos.

I just watched the Yeti part like 50 times.

The ride was incredible when that worked. The movements actually look pretty real.

Doodlyday

Not sure if anyone's seen this, but I just rediscovered a video with a demo of the yeti working with no sheet covering it. Couldn't find it for a while but here's the link:
Yeti is at around 1:10. Also has some other cool animatronic demos.

I love this! Until this I never realized the Flik animatronic moved its fingers.

fractal

Riding EE when the Yeti was fully operational was one the best experiences I've had on any attraction - especially the first time. The movement was so real it suspended disbelief and as a grown man, for a few seconds, I really thought it was real and I felt genuine fear of the Yeti snatching me right out of my seat. It was amazing. Thank for the video @HonorableMention , it brought back that memory.

Monoblanco13

Sorry for the poor grammar, typing on a tablet.

I cant understand why they don't just fix it. I mean, for a company that prides itself for its "imagineering", it seems to tarnish what they say they are about.

Supposedly it would be major downtime as the supporting structure needs to be fixed and the top of the mountain would need to be pulled off. For an already Half day park this likely won't happen till after Avatar is in place and pulling big numbers.

Supposedly it would be major downtime as the supporting structure needs to be fixed and the top of the mountain would need to be pulled off. For an already Half day park this likely won't happen till after Avatar is in place and pulling big numbers.

So essentially maintenance of the ride was a complete after thought? Maybe I'm understating what it takes to make a ride like that work...

ctxak98

This has been proven to be a false rumor. The ride wouldn't even need to go down for them to fix the Yeti. That's what makes this whole thing even more sad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom