Expedition Everest effects status watch

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
The question is can the Yeti be fixed (whatever on earth the problem actually is) with the ride not going down for refurbishment?
The yeti has been removed at least 2x, according to the forum, with the ride operating both times. I really don't see why he can't be removed, and the concrete patched while the ride functions

KrazyKat

image.jpeg

Earl Sweatpants

Hmmm...I read somewhere that the reason the glass wall located in front of the ballroom scene in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion wasn't replaced after some idiot guest cracked it was because the whole top of the Mansion would have to be removed to do so...

You mean the top of the show building??? That would be a bear of a thing to replace. I personally like how they've just made it look like a spider.

Well...after over a decade a made it back to AK last week and was able to get a FP for EE. I saw NO Yeti at all...no bird, no fog...nothing! We were seated in the last seats on the coaster...is he not visible from there?

The ride itself seemed interesting but was unenjoyable since I dwelled on the darn Yeti the whole time. I wanted to try again but never made it back.

On exit, I asked the CM where the sucker was when existing the ride and got a very non Disney like response...'It's hot...maybe he went to the beach'.

Pathetic that Disney can't get the thing corrected.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Well...after over a decade a made it back to AK last week and was able to get a FP for EE. I saw NO Yeti at all...no bird, no fog...nothing! We were seated in the last seats on the coaster...is he not visible from there?

The ride itself seemed interesting but was unenjoyable since I dwelled on the darn Yeti the whole time. I wanted to try again but never made it back.

On exit, I asked the CM where the sucker was when existing the ride and got a very non Disney like response...'It's hot...maybe he went to the beach'.

Remove your hats folks. Another first time disappointed with the broken yeti :p

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

While I agree that it is just plain stupid that they haven't fixed him, maybe you should stop dwelling about stuff you have no control over. Or maybe stay out of all the doom&gloom threads and simply enjoy your trip.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hardly doom and gloom.

More like truthful.
I wasn't specifically speaking of the yeti, just the d&g in a broader sense. If a newby comes to this site and reads nothing but the N&R threads, they will think that WDW is nothing but a pig sty with nothing but 30 year old broken rides with nothing else to do. And while your attitude has leaned more towards the d&g crowd lately, you know as well as I do that the d&g picture is far from the reality. If you don't think so, then you really have stepped over into the '74/exploder dark side bandwagon like many others here.

Seabasealpha1

I just watched a documentary about the construction of the mountain. They couldn't use regular scaffolding when doing the finishing (painting and sculpting) as with that scaff in place they couldn't see the mountain. So they actually designed it so the structural members of the mountain extended about 5 feet out, allowing planks to be put in for the finishers to stand on. Once the finishing was done for a given level, they actually CUT these members back flush with the mountain, and did a bit of finishing to cover them up.

So yes, there is a lot of that mountain's design that is strictly one way - they could do stuff as it was being built, but once the buildout was complete they could not go back and fix stuff very easily.
I'll assume you're talking about that Discovery Channel thing from like 2005-2006? I have a bootleg of it in my collection of Disney vids...

Seems like a foolish waste of time given how many years it's been and the state the project is in now...

...Disney and their dangly earringed imagineer getting all high and mighty about their "B.A." yeti animatronic...and the finger pointing to it...and the scrim of plastic to hide the identity...and their facts and figures about a 747 jet engine... and the matted fur...and slobber...pshhhh...

Can't pour friggin' concrete correctly.

Seabasealpha1

I wasn't specifically speaking of the yeti, just the d&g in a broader sense. If a newby comes to this site and reads nothing but the N&R threads, they will think that WDW is nothing but a pig sty with nothing but 30 year old broken rides with nothing else to do. And while your attitude has leaned more towards the d&g crowd lately, you know as well as I do that the d&g picture is far from the reality. If you don't think so, then you really have stepped over into the '74/exploder dark side bandwagon like many others here.
Not a newbie.

Wasn't aware we had factions...Now I wanna join one...I'll even advertise!

darkside_fullpic.png

on the contrary I found the parks to be quite clean the rides mostly fully functional ...many rides updated since my last trip years ago.... most cast members smiling and happy.... my only disappointment was Hollywood Studios turning into Star Wars Studios... and yes the lack of a Yeti that I was waiting to see. What it Escapes me is how a park that makes this much money and can churn out such cool stuff can not get a few bucks together and get the damn thing fixed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom