Expedition Everest effects status watch

Daveeeeed

As I said, it comes and goes. It could have been in operation today and not yesterday. There's really no way to answer your question, because it's not a broken effect that's been off for a certain amount of time. It literally varies day to day, sometimes even hour to hour.
That's good to know that it isn't really something to worry about then as far as effects go.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Does the Yeti move more than just trying to reach towards you? My sister and I went on at night on Tuesday and it seemed like the Yeti's right arm was moving up and down grabbing towards the people. Is there more it's supposed to do/is the arm range of motion more than what we saw?

(We rode it Tuesday night at around 9pm during the lightning storm. Definitely made the ride a bit spooky :) Apparently the lightning storm wasn't close enough for the ride to be shut down yet, but they did warn us it could happen at any moment.)
I was there Tuesday as well. Was in EPCOT during the lightning storm. No steam or bird. It was my mom's 1st time on Everest, and she missed the yeti entirely :p Another note: The hair ties are just sickening! It honestly looked like a bowl of Fruit Loops vomited

lnsemsf

I don't think that the real Forbidden Mountain is covered from head to toe in the hair ties of the world's preteens. It also reeks of laziness that the bands have been building up for years without being removed.

The actual mount Everest has a huge problem with trash, waste, and gear piling up on the mountain. So actually, the real mountain just might be covered like this.

Daveeeeed

The actual mount Everest has a huge problem with trash, waste, and gear piling up on the mountain. So actually, the real mountain just might be covered like this.
True, but there aren't truly that many that attempt to go up it, so a couple might be accurate, but it is like a forest for hair ties up there.

G00fyDad

With THIS many people going up Everest.....
mt-everest5.jpg

It is no wonder it looks like this......
S0004984.jpg
13-03-14-int-everest-litter-472x354.png

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I don't think that the real Forbidden Mountain is covered from head to toe in the hair ties of the world's preteens. It also reeks of laziness that the bands have been building up for years without being removed.
I was absolutely sickened by the ties! It just killed the illusion that we were on a mountain entirely! My sister didn't think they were too bad.

Cesar R M

It doesn't cover the entire mountain it is only a small fraction. Way more than not people don't make it to the top. Which on Everest you are nearly at the top.
pretty sure thats only a few of the areas that are trashed. every "base" and most of the top is filled with trash and leftovers. Like empty oxygen tanks.

Daveeeeed

pretty sure thats only a few of the areas that are trashed. every "base" and most of the top is filled with trash and leftovers. Like empty oxygen tanks.
Oh. I was referring more towards the entire mountain (like it's surface area), but I didn't know that it was like that pretty much everywhere. My mistake sorry.

Cesar R M

Oh. I was referring more towards the entire mountain (like it's surface area), but I didn't know that it was like that pretty much everywhere. My mistake sorry.
Not a Mistake technically... There was not much about it until the news revealed photos of all the trash.
Most people just pay the expedition and leave their garbage. They dont get that the Everest is not a theme park.

chiefs11

The steam has never been "broken," per say. It just makes the load area incredibly hot, so sometimes it's shut off to keep the Cast Members from dying of heat stroke.
^this.

Last week when we were there: Tuesday night (6/21/16), the steam was working....Thursday night (6/23) it was turned off. It was hotter and more humid on Thursday (94°/94% vs 87°/81%). It really is just a matter of if it is too hot for the cast members.

Chef Mickey

Not sure if official, but Joe Rohde quoted at 2013 D23 Expo:

"You have to understand, it’s a giant complicated machine sitting on top of, like, a 46 foot tall tower in the middle of a finished building. So, it’s really hard to fix, but we are working on it. And we continue to work on it. We have tried several “things”, none of them quite get to the key, turning of the 40 foot tower inside of a finished building, but we are working on it….. I will fix the Yeti someday, I swear."

Tom Morrow

Yep. Also note that two of the operator positions are right next to the steam. It's neat that it's actual hot steam, but one of many cases where people who live elsewhere didn't seem to take into consideration the Florida climate during the design process. Or didn't care.

On a side note if you've ever been there on a cool morning, the steam fills half the station and looks awesome.

Doug Means

Not sure if official, but Joe Rohde quoted at 2013 D23 Expo:

"You have to understand, it’s a giant complicated machine sitting on top of, like, a 46 foot tall tower in the middle of a finished building. So, it’s really hard to fix, but we are working on it. And we continue to work on it. We have tried several “things”, none of them quite get to the key, turning of the 40 foot tower inside of a finished building, but we are working on it….. I will fix the Yeti someday, I swear."

doing a great job so far

EagleScout610

Premium Member
A friend of mine says when he was at EE last night yeti was pitch black. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom