1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Expanded viewing areas coming to the Tree of Life Awakenings

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Apr 14, 2017.

1. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member

It is a legit complaint. WDW is destroying what little greenery still exists at an alarming pace. And they've already removed quite a bit of trees from DAK over the years for wider walkways and stroller parking lots. And, no, it hasn't improved the experience for the rest of us.

Sonconato, George, Kylo Ken and 2 others like this.
  2. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Ok.

I'm also aware of what's been removed. And I think wider pathways were needed. They could have done better with the trees. I know they have an agenda when it comes to removing trees but it everything has to be so negative all of the time. I've agreed with you on most things but I don't think you speak for everyone on this.

3. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member

If you look at the size of the average Guest and how many scooters and double-wide strollers there are, then the walkways at any/all of the parks will never be sufficient. All of the parks were built before scooters were an industry (and a quick way to get rich in FL) and before parents decided being lazy and raising unhealthy kids was OK and ... look, I'm tired of going to a resort that was once an oasis amidst a sea of trees that stretched on as far as one could see "the blessing of size" it was called to a place where you have urban sprawl not only up to the Disney property lines, but on it as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
    Sonconato, Tahu, RandySavage and 7 others like this.
  4. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

That's all true. I can't disagree. Don't be sorry they're all true points.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
  5. MickeyMario

MickeyMario Well-Known Member

I 100% prefer a well-planned show integrated into the park (illuminations, Awakenings, TDS Fantasmic) than half a soccer stadium built outside DHS that feels completely disjointed from the rest of the park

We can each prefer a different thing though.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  6. doctornick

doctornick Well-Known Member

Question about the specifics (I haven't seen the show live)... I thought the premise was for the actual carvings on the tree to be highlighted and "come alive". Don't they use the projections to focus on a specific existing animal carving and use that for the "show"? Wouldn't that be an issue because the back of the tree would not have the same animals present.

I guess it could just do the projection without that subtle beginning, but it seems to me to be a neat feature of the show.

The Empress Lilly likes this.
  7. doctornick

doctornick Well-Known Member

Agree with these. I much prefer when shows use existing structures to present an offering and have a show "come alive" where it wasn't before. I think the setting of DHS' Fantasmic! is to its detriment.

egg, BrianLo, brb1006 and 2 others like this.
  8. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

They could just slightly reanimated those sequences so that rather than those featured animals (e.g., the deer) come alive, they just show up in the scene off stage like so many of the other animals in the vignette do.

9. Irie

Irie Active Member

With AK being my favorite park, it disturbs me that the number of trees are being reduced. AK, IMO, is meant to be savored. The ambience is supposed to seep into you. The pace should be less hectic. I realize that this may not be for everyone, but isn't that why we have 4 parks that offer 4 different experiences (allegedly)?

The Empress Lilly and brb1006 like this.
  10. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I have no problem savoring the experience.

dreamscometrue and doctornick like this.
  11. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

I'd say this will now have reached the status of being a true attraction. A solid B ticket, possibly C ticket. It sure is driving the Uni apologists up a tree :D

Great add!

PS- and we haven't even seen the Pandora projections yet.

egg likes this.
  12. wdwgreek

wdwgreek Well-Known Member

I cannot stand the concrete walkways that have been widened for scooters, the heat bounces off the surfaces and makes some park areas unbearable in the summer. You leave the oasis and then boom the shade is gone. I hate the scooters alot, I get that for some people they are nessesary but it seems everyone over 70 seems to be on one. World Show case promenade for example is a nightmare when the scooter gangs come strolling along.

Sonconato likes this.
  13. Kylo Ken

Kylo Ken Smelly 407 Local Premium Member

How long until Disney announces a dessert party to go along with it or did I miss it alteady because you know $$$$$$

14. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

They will never add this unless there is a market for it. Business Management 101.

15. Figment2005

Figment2005 Well-Known Member

Overall the parks are nowhere near short on trees. Maybe in certain high traffic areas, but the parks are far from barren.

16. sculljoey

sculljoey Member

A look at one of the projector stands. There are three total

[​IMG]

brb1006, maroonmol and Texas84 like this.
  17. WDWtraveler

WDWtraveler Premium Member

Photo update as of Thursday, April 20. Here are views of the projectors being installed on the back side of the Tree of Life. I'm sure they will be screened from viewing, as they are very close to the walkway.

IMG_9496.JPG

IMG_9493.JPG

IMG_9494.JPG

brb1006, twebber55, Ripken10 and 6 others like this.
  18. rushtest4echo

rushtest4echo Well-Known Member

You seem to be tired of most aspects relating to Disney, Disney World, and the people who run them. Probably time to cut your losses and move on. I can certainly tell that you enjoy the adulation and praise you receive for the tabloid trash you put out here far more than any enjoyment you get from visiting and/or partaking in anything relating to Disney itself.

19. FigmentForver96

FigmentForver96 Well-Known Member

Take time to read his posts and see he visits the Disney parks often. His "tabloid trash" is no more common then your constant desire and obvious drive to undermine him when he has proven to be a very thoughtful and valued member on those boards. Perhaps you should cut your losses and move on.

wdrive, Angel Ariel, brb1006 and 6 others like this.
  20. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

^this
    And the comments he makes are clearly because of his love of Disney and its potential, not his hatred of anything Disney.

brb1006, Sonconato and Kman101 like this.