Exclusive Dining Coming to All 4 Parks and Disney Springs?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Seems a bit sad. Would rather see available real estate get used to build more rides and attractions all can enjoy rather than an exclusive club.

Rides and attractions cost way too much these days, better to put in M&G's, shops, restaurants, and street entertainment. Smaller investment, bigger ROI, and a quick & easy profit. It fits TDO's MO perfectly. The same goes with building more Golden Oak-type communities.

deeevo

The latest rumor from Jim Hill on Episode 112 of his podcast with/@lentesta talks about adding Club 33 style dining to each of the four parks as well as Disney Springs.

It would likely be offered to Golden Oaks residents first before being offered to the masses.

Possible in park locations include the never built David Copperfield's location in DHS (Hill overlooking Fantasmic) and Monsieur Paul in Epcot.
Yes, because the filthy rich is the target audience that WDW has failed to reach. *rolls eyes*. That should help those low Summer attendance numbers next year.

Cmdr_Crimson

I clarified. It was the never build David Copperfield's Magic Underground restaurant.
There as a David Copperfield's at DHS?

The closest they had anything about it was the posted sign outside of the park...
copperfields_fantasmic_sign.jpg

The Press photo's
CimT70jUUAA8omc.jpg
copperfield_mickey_green.jpg

And the Concept art of the Interior of the Restaurant...
2264470872_7601599172_o.jpg

I still think the Planet Hollywood Store at DHS would have been the Entrance/Gift shop for the planned restaurant..But, I could be wrong...But, it would make sense since another restaurant took over that building at last minute..
planet-hollywood-super-store-00.jpg

Siren

Expect lounges first, then dining later.
OMG, Marni -- this totally gave me chills. When you mentioned the lounge, like I immediately thought of the Mos Eisley Cantina in Star Wars Land.

2cqd4oz.jpg

2f0d151.jpg

2wpuv53.jpg

Way back in the Star Wars Land thread I expressed my concern over how Disney was going to address the massive crowds for the Star Wars lounge and restaurant. Like, I just couldn't figure it out.

So, if Disney makes these dining experiences exclusive like Club 33, obviously that would address any issues concerning crowds.

Plus, with the addition of GOTG in Epcot, they could offer something similar.

And, also an exclusive bioluminescent Avatar lounge and restaurant for AK or a safari lounge or something like that. I can't think of anything for MK, though -- of course the underground restaurant and maybe a lounge on Mainstreet above Starbucks or something.

I just don't know -- everyone said that Disney was going to charge for Fastpass+ and I never believed that for one second. So, hopefully this won't happen.

But, then again that could like anger so many Star Wars fans and regular fans, too. The more I think about it, I don't think Disney would do that.

Siren

To calm you down, think more like a regular bar with comfy chairs.
Thank you so much, Marni. This totally calms me down. Like, I don't know what's wrong with me today. LOL.

Maybe, it's because Disney is already considering the use of black out dates to curb crowds for Star Wars Land. And, we all know that crowds are going to be a major issue when it opens.

Again, I don't care for the Club 33 concept at WDW -- it's a theme park. I have no doubt that people will gladly pay to join.

But, it will be interesting to see what the application process will be like and what the criteria will consist of and also the pecking order of who will be accepted and at what level. Like, there is exclusive and then there is VIP. OMG, this is a theme park not Vegas.

With that said, I don't blame Disney at all and at the end of the day, it will have no bearing or impact on my vacation.

And, at least Star Wars Land is safe.

Last edited:

AEfx

I have a hard time believing that a club that costs many thousands of dollars to join and requires yearly dues would work near so well at WDW for anyone, except perhaps corporations who want to be able to book as incentives/perks for clients.

The audience is much different in the greater Orlando area than the greater Los Angeles area. I question how many people travel to WDW multiple times per year at that income level - it's hard to picture the audience for this unless it's very skinny-downed from Club 33.

Siren

I have a hard time believing that a club that costs many thousands of dollars to join and requires yearly dues would work near so well at WDW for anyone, except perhaps corporations who want to be able to book as incentives/perks for clients.

The audience is much different in the greater Orlando area than the greater Los Angeles area. I question how many people travel to WDW multiple times per year at that income level - it's hard to picture the audience for this unless it's very skinny-downed from Club 33.
Very well said and I totally agree. It will have to be Club 33 lite.

And, I was thinking heavily about whether or not Disney would enforce a dress code at these places.

Like, what kind of exclusive lounge and restaurant is going to allow people in wearing crocs and birkenstocks and all the other unsightly theme park garb? But, stranger things have happened. LOL.

Regardless, if it's done right, then I will not care.

TP2000

To calm you down, think more like a regular bar with comfy chairs.

Swanky and sprawling with live jazz like Salon Nouveau at Club 33?
07d1fd49d6d5ae4c2ed8d0340154a7f0.jpg

Or smaller and more casual like Club 33's satellite 1901 Lounge at California Adventure?
img_7610.jpeg

Exactly. Although a very slimmed down version could work if its run like a Concierge Lounge in the parks. Golden Oak and Concierge level guests at Deluxe Resorts could get in to these venues, but would need to pay for drinks and food instead of having complimentary stuff. Might be a market for that just to be able to get away from the riff-raff and the Clampett family and the WalMart crowd for a bit.

I suppose there might be a very small number of Orlando folks, or corporate sponsors, who would want to pay annual dues for this privilege. But I can't work out in my mind how this could ever run in Orlando on the scale and scope of Club 33 at Disneyland, with all the perks and tours and extras Club 33 members get on top of access to the Club 33 dining room and the two in-park cocktail lounges.

Plus getting it all to pencil out without being able to charge the Club 33 initiation fees and annual dues in excess of $25,000.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Expect lounges first, then dining later.

So, exclusive lounges? Exclusive = expensive? Not really a fixed guest list?

Exactly. Although a very slimmed down version could work if its run like a Concierge Lounge in the parks. Golden Oak and Concierge level guests at Deluxe Resorts could get in to these venues, but would need to pay for drinks and food instead of having complimentary stuff. Might be a market for that just to be able to get away from the riff-raff and the Clampett family and the WalMart crowd for a bit.

I suppose there might be a very small number of Orlando folks, or corporate sponsors, who would want to pay annual dues for this privilege. But I can't work out in my mind how this could ever run in Orlando on the scale and scope of Club 33 at Disneyland, with all the perks and tours and extras Club 33 members get on top of access to the Club 33 dining room and the two in-park cocktail lounges.

Plus getting it all to pencil out without being able to charge the Club 33 initiation fees and annual dues in excess of $25,000.

Exactly....

There is no chance that this can be a country club like experience. With 'members'. Where is the base for such a thing? They could do like you say, and only allow concierge guests, or DVC members, or Deluxe Resort guests. That type of thing. Sort of like how in all new sports stadiums they have different clubs for different levels of seats.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Swanky and sprawling with live jazz like Salon Nouveau at Club 33?
07d1fd49d6d5ae4c2ed8d0340154a7f0.jpg

Or smaller and more casual like Club 33's satellite 1901 Lounge at California Adventure?
img_7610.jpeg

Depends how much space they have in the planned locations I'd assume.

TP2000

Depends how much space they have in the planned locations I'd assume.

Sure, but they have all the space in the World to use really.

These can't just be lightly themed versions of Epcot sponsor lounges, most of which look like a dated Sheraton "fancy bar" circa 1984 now in the 21st century. These need to be ultra-themed and highly unique spaces and experiences for the concept to work.

Just taking a room and decorating it with stuff from Pier One and some fixtures from Rejuvenation lighting won't be enough. And the mediocre and under-trained service level from the laughable "Concierge" CM's at the Deluxes is not nearly enough to bring a Club 33 level of panache to the spaces. They need to go big here.

wdwfan4ver

Seems a bit sad. Would rather see available real estate get used to build more rides and attractions all can enjoy rather than an exclusive club.
The thing is the direction Disney is going with the exclusive club isn't a surprise. The fact Disney on October 6th announced guests can do a wedding at MK for over $180,000 speaks volumes on what type of people they want to cater to.

TP2000

They would if they weren't going into existing spaces.

Ah. This should be fascinating to see what they do with these. And I hope that TDO realizes they can't just be 1980's style Epcot corporate lounges. George K. has personal experience with Club 33, so at least he knows.

I'm betting it's a Golden Oak/Deluxe Concierge amenity. Maybe some DVC, but only those with a certain point level. DVC+ or something they'll call it. All just off the top of my head.

But multiple lounges in all four parks is a big undertaking, and it's pretty clear that the Orlando metro area and business community can't support a Club 33 level of membership with dues in the $25,000 range like Club 33. They're going to need to go after the tourists, of a certain spending type, and have a venue suitably swanky to charge 'em 15 bucks for a martini or a Manhattan, or 20 bucks for a club sandwich.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom