Trip Report Everything is Satisfactual - 4 Brits do Disney!

Welcome, ladies and gents, to my brand spanking new (and first ever) trip report!

I have been so excited to write this after reading some awesome ones on here :)

We got back from Disney World a few days ago so, even though I am still recovering from jet lag, I have a major case of the Disney Blues! :cry::cry::cry: I’m hoping that this report will relieve some of those.

Let’s begin:

Flight Day - Intro.jpg

Who: Hello, this is us. :) There were 4 of us on the trip - 2 couples and 2 sisters :) We are all in our twenties.

From left to right:

Kit, my boyfriend. He’s Canadian but has lived in the UK for most of his life.
Me, Stevie! I have lived in London my whole life, and my family are also from here.
My younger sister, Lisa. Isn’t she a beaut?
Lisa’s boyfriend, Wing. He’s Chinese but has also lived in London since forever :)

Lisa & I have been to the World twice - once when I was 9 and again when I was 16. Kit and Wing had never been to WDW before (this is actually a lie - Kit went when he was 3/4, but doesn’t remember a thing about it!).

This trip actually came about because my family were reminiscing about our previous trips and remembering what a great time we had. I then had a lightbulb moment - “hey, why don’t we go again?!” - and lo and behold, this trip was booked! Luckily we had some savings, because we booked it pretty last minute (booked in April and flew in July) and it took every last penny I owned :banghead: (but still so worth it!). :D

When: We went from July 29th - August 8th. 10 nights. Unfortunately, our jobs prevented us from going at a quieter time!

Where: We stayed at All Star Movies and all shared one room. Yep - we were on a bit of a budget. Eeek! Find out how that went down a bit later :rolleyes:

All in all, we had a brilliant trip. It wasn’t perfect by any means, and I’ll try and write as honestly as I can. This trip report will include the good, the bad and the ugly. Since we hadn’t been to WDW for 10 years, in many ways it felt like the first time, and we had so many fresh and new experiences!

I also took a million pictures, so I’ll be posting lots of them here. They will be a mixture of iPhone, DSLR and Photopass shots!

Here’s hoping you’ll join us for the ride! ;)

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
HP151.jpg

HP152.jpg

HP153.jpg

HP154.jpg

HP155.jpg

HP156.jpg

HP157.jpg

We all loved it, and the queue was just as good as the attraction itself! I love getting up close to the Tree of Life!

As we left the show, it started raining very gently. It was a nice refreshing drizzle!

I was so happy that we were able to get back to AK for a little bit and get some more of the attractions under our belt!

Now, feeling slightly sleepy but also pumped with energy to keep going, we left the park and headed to Epcot!

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
We caught the bus to Epcot, and after waiting for about 20 minutes we arrived there for 7pm. So far we'd had 6 hours in Universal, 4 hours in AK, and it was time to keep going! :D

Our first stop was Spaceship Earth! I think this was the first time I'd ever been on it as I couldn't remember it at all! It was a really sweet ride, and a nice little break! :cool:

HP158.jpg

The sun was going down rapidly when we exited, and Epcot at night is pretty magical :)

We then went back to the World Showcase as we had more countries to explore! We decided to go the opposite way round this time to make sure we went to the countries we hadn't seen before! :cat:

First stop: Mexico!

HP159.jpg

HP160.jpg

HP161.jpg

HP162.jpg

HP163.jpg

HP164.jpg

HP166.jpg

I think Kit enjoyed this shop ... :p

HP167.jpg

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Next stop: Norway!

HP168.jpg

HP169.jpg

HP170.jpg

HP171.jpg

HP172.jpg

Frozen-mania doesn't look like it's dying down anytime soon!

HP173.jpg

HP174.jpg

One of my best friends is Norwegian and she's always bringing me chocolate from Norway ... it's so delicious!

HP175.jpg

I imagine that 99% of visitors to this shop can't resist snapping a pic of this little (big) guy ...

HP176.jpg

Kit's troll impression ... not bad! :geek:

HP177.jpg

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Then we went to China!

Lisa & Wing went to grab some food - orange chicken, I believe - which they really enjoyed, and then they came to meet us in the shop in China. I got a bit camera happy again, of course! China is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Especially at night!

HP188.jpg

HP189.jpg

HP190.jpg

HP191.jpg

HP192.jpg

:inlove: I think at this point I was having another one of those "wow, I am so lucky" moments!

HP193.jpg

HP194.jpg

HP195.jpg

HP196.jpg

I made another collage so you didn't have to do too much scrolling! :angelic:

HP197.jpg

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
A little bit more of China:

HP198.jpg

HP199.jpg

HP200.jpg

HP201.jpg

HP202.jpg

HP203.jpg

HP204.jpg

After exploring China, I fancied a snack. Illuminations had just started, but as we'd already seen it a few days prior we decided to take advantage of the lower crowds. First, we went back to Mexico and bought margaritas and watermelon popsicles. Both of these were really good and I'm sad I didn't get a pic of them! :hungry:

Then, we went into Mouse Gears and Kit bought me a Mickey charm to go on my Pandora bracelet as a present ... it's so cute! :inlove:

I had a bit of an incident when I was talking to the cashier in Mouse Gears ... :eek: :) ... I was still eating the popsicle, but clearly not fast enough, because it suddenly fell off the stick and straight into my hands! :hilarious: It started melting everywhere and I didn't know what to do, so I panicked and ran outside to find a bin to throw it into! Luckily Kit was still there to explain to the cashier what had just happened and collect my charm from her! She must have thought I was a little strange! ;)

Then, it was definitely time to go home and go to bed! :cyclops:

When we arrived back at All Star Movies, I realised that I hadn't actually eaten any dinner! :bored: We didn't make an ADR as we assumed we would have been eating somewhere at Universal, but that clearly didn't happen! I ended up buying something from the food court ... I know it doesn't look too appetising but it was actually pretty tasty! ;)

HP205.jpg

Here is a picture of my charm!

HP206.jpg

And here is Kit carrying all of our bags back to our room after I complained that I was too exhausted to walk another step with a heavy load! He looks like a pack mule :hilarious:

HP207.jpg

And so, 3 theme parks and over 30,000 steps later - we had completed our mission! :happy:

It was pretty exhausting and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it ... but it definitely worked for us, as we are not regular visitors to WDW (unfortunately ... I wish we were! :cry:) and we wanted to see as much as possible on this trip! :) :)

Coming up: Day 8 at Typhoon Lagoon! :cool:

njDizFan

keep it going!! one of my favorite trip reports yet.

great combination of story, pictures of architecture, attractions, characters, food and most importantly you guys having a great time.

Thanks for sharing

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
keep it going!! one of my favorite trip reports yet.

great combination of story, pictures of architecture, attractions, characters, food and most importantly you guys having a great time.

Thanks for sharing

Thank you very much!! :) This is one of my favourite comments yet! :D :D I am going to write some more now :)

LisaBelle

All caught up! You managed to do the Universal Harry Potter park hopping the way my sister and I should have done it. We were sad that we didn't have as much time to explore Diagon Alley as we would have liked. LOVED the story of how you and Kit met for your first date at the fountain they recreated in "London" :inlove:.

goofyfan78

Finally all caught up with your TR, and thoroughly enjoying it.....hope you're enjoying your teacher training quals? We have 21 sleeps left until our trip to the world and this has definitely raised the excitement level for me. Thank you for taking the time out to do it :D

Last edited:

Matt and Kelly

And here are the boy's photos! I don't know why their legs look so awkward? lol!

View attachment 124135

View attachment 124136

View attachment 124137

Just before we left, Mickey told us about the hitchhiking ghost at the Haunted Mansion, before making us all 'hitchhike' with him. I felt like such a kid ... I loved it!

View attachment 124138

View attachment 124139

Kit's face :happy: :hilarious:

Mickey then said in a creepy voice "Hurry backkkkk!" which both made us laugh and terrified us! :arghh: :p

Overall, it was super fun and I'm so glad I got to meet him!! :)

Up next ... Lunch at Be Our Guest! :D

(This is just a little hello to people old and new who are reading my TR! Hi! :) I'm hoping to add a lot more to our trip in the next few days as I'm off work. Thanks so much for reading! And Merry Christmas! :inlove:)[/
I just found this report and I'm loving every bit of it!
And here are the boy's photos! I don't know why their legs look so awkward? lol!

View attachment 124135

View attachment 124136

View attachment 124137

Just before we left, Mickey told us about the hitchhiking ghost at the Haunted Mansion, before making us all 'hitchhike' with him. I felt like such a kid ... I loved it!

View attachment 124138

View attachment 124139

Kit's face :happy: :hilarious:

Mickey then said in a creepy voice "Hurry backkkkk!" which both made us laugh and terrified us! :arghh: :p

Overall, it was super fun and I'm so glad I got to meet him!! :)

Up next ... Lunch at Be Our Guest! :D

(This is just a little hello to people old and new who are reading my TR! Hi! :) I'm hoping to add a lot more to our trip in the next few days as I'm off work. Thanks so much for reading! And Merry Christmas! :inlove:)
. I'm so glad I found this trip report! Loving every minute of it

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
All caught up! You managed to do the Universal Harry Potter park hopping the way my sister and I should have done it. We were sad that we didn't have as much time to explore Diagon Alley as we would have liked. LOVED the story of how you and Kit met for your first date at the fountain they recreated in "London" :inlove:.

Thank you! It was SO cool to see that statue there! We actually walked past it a couple of weeks ago in London and took a photo with it ... you can just about see the little angel poking out at the top!

Eros.JPG

This South Texas Girl is so Loving your trip report!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!:)

Thank YOU for reading! :) It's so encouraging to get lovely comments!!

Finally all caught up with your TR, and thoroughly enjoying it.....hope you're enjoying your teacher training quals? We have 21 sleeps left until our trip to the world and this has definitely raised the excitement level for me. Thank you for taking the time out to do it :D

So glad you're enjoying the report and I AM SO JEALOUS of your trip!! :arghh: :D I am enjoying my teacher training, but it's also the most challenging thing I've ever done! I know it will all be worth it in the end, though!

I agree this is the best trip report yet, hope ours in 127 days is has good!!

Wow, that's a huge compliment, thank you!! :) There's some wonderful TR's on here!!

I've binge read your entire report so far and I can't wait for the remaining installments!

:) :) :) There will definitely be a new one coming up today! I finally have some free time :p Thanks for reading!!

Thank you for making me realize how much I love WS after dark. THNX for the memories.

I love it in the dark too! It has a completely different vibe :)

Im finally all caught up! Really enjoying the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much! :) :) :)

I love this!! This has been so much fun to read and your pictures have been great.

And I'm actually heading to Morocco in a few months for the first time - glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Thank you! SO glad you've enjoyed it! :D and Morocco is wonderful!! I am sure you will have a wonderful time :)

Great trip report! I've finally had a chance to read it all. Thanks for sharing it with us.

And great pictures too, especially these ones

Thank you!! I love those ones too ;) So glad you are enjoying it!

. I'm so glad I found this trip report! Loving every minute of it

:D :D Thank you!!! More to come soon (I promise!!)

So I'm all caught up!!! What's next?!?

Typhoon Lagoon is coming up very soon!! :cool: (hey, that rhymes!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom