Pre-Trip Everybody's got a Laughing Place (and I can't wait to get to mine!)

IMG_8094.JPG
IMG_8282.JPG
IMG_8390.JPG
I have been enjoying reading trip reports so much while counting down my return to Disney World that I decided to give writing my own pre-trip report a try. We have just over three weeks left to go so the excitement is building!

When: August 20-30
Where: Starting out at Universal Studios Sapphire Falls Resort (huge Harry Potter fans in this family), moving over to Disney World on Wednesday the 23rd and staying at the Contemporary, moving again to Beach Club on Saturday the 26th.
This will be my 8th Disney World trip but first time staying at Disney World resorts other than two nights at Port Orleans River Side on one vacation. Really excited to do this!

Who: me (Jo), husband (James), daughter(Maddie, 13), son(Xander,10). Here we are on our last WDW vacation in October 2015.
IMG_8094.JPG

Last edited:

Figaro Family

Original Poster
We made it to 6pm today without any melt downs from Xander for the trip to that point. He's been a trooper so far so I guess we were due for one:rolleyes:. We had reservations for Hard Rock Cafe but he had his heart set on the same restaurant we went to last night which was.... Margaritaville! There was some loud sobbing but we finally got him inside Hard Rock Cafe and the nice waiter kept bringing him chocolate milks until all was well. The parents drowned their sorrows in a couple of strong drinks and we were all a happy family again;).
IMG_7169.JPG
this sweet angel was not a happy camper just three minutes earlier than this.

Figaro Family

Original Poster
I'll write in more detail in the full trip report but we got through meltdown number two this afternoon when we switched hotels and headed over to Disney. We really prepped Xander for this but we think he was upset that he couldn't go back to our hotel room after visiting Universal since we'd already checked out. Some drama filled moments ensued and tensions were high all around. We made it through though and got to the Contemporary with 45 minutes to spare for our ADR at Chef Mickey's!
IMG_7392.JPG
IMG_7388.JPG
IMG_7389.JPG
IMG_7391.JPG
IMG_7390.JPG
Xander gave Donald a big smooch which really "quacked" him up!

Figaro Family

Original Poster
It's been busy the last couple of days. We're about to eat at Beaches and Cream then will walk to Epcot for the evening. And in three more days we'll be heading home! We made it almost a week without breaking out the ponchos. The winning streak ended today at Hollywood Studios
IMG_7843.JPG
still had a good time!

Figaro Family

Original Poster
It's the final countdown :arghh:. The "Tragical" Express is due to arrive for us in ten minutes. It was a fun and exhausting trip but I still wish we could stay longer!
IMG_8331.JPG
Sad luggage lined up to leave our room earlier
IMG_8401.JPG
sad us right now ;)

PacNWTigger

You're coming home to 90+ degree weather for the remainder, so at least it will still be warm like it is in Orlando without all of the humidity. I'm glad you guys had a successful trip, and I'm looking forward to hearing more details! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom