Ever want time to go slower?

Anyone ever get too excited that they just don't want their trip to come quite yet?! I know it sounds weird but I feel like after all the planning and looking forward to the trip I almost don't want it to come yet because I don't want it to be over! I like the feeling of anticipation of looking forward to a trip and all the packing and day before jitters. I know it will be a while before we get to go back again too. Can time slow down a little?! Lol Just two more days and then we are off :)

Tinkerbella16

I start to feel that way as it gets real close. Like the last 30 days of the countdown. All of the anticipation, planning, ADR's, excitement, counting down each day... and then BAM, its all over. I try to take the trip itself as slow as possible but that is really difficult when you're having fun! I dread that last full day when we get the eviction notice on our door. I wanna just cry! lol As fast as I want the trip to come, when it is all over, I wish I was back to counting down the days again. But I always know I'll be back!

Have a great trip!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disneyfirstLJ

Yes and no. I can't wait for April to come but I also don't want to wish away the coming months. This could be our last trip for a long time :cry: and I am really looking forward to it. But I don't want to rush the planning and all the fun things leading up to the trip. My daughter and I are making a bucket list this time so we can try to do as much on our list as possible. She has already starting watching Disney vlogs on YouTube and said to me yesterday that she wished we were leaving right then for Disney. We both have caught Disney fever since our first trip in February.

Upvote 0

belledream

I only feel that way cause then I know the next days of the trip are going to fly by! But in reality, with 1 day left, I'm just wishing I was already there! :)

Upvote 0

Rodb

i felt the same way for our trip last may, but now i want time to go faster so i can start planning a future trip. the only cure to cheer you up after leaving WDW is to start dreaming and planning the next trip.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

First step on property and I'm thinking ... Oh look at all those glorious days I have :D. Then after the first week goes by I'm thinking... Oh no I only have this many days left :confused:. Then the last day and it's... Where did it all go to ???:banghead: If only I could stop and reverse time over and over again, I'd never have to leave.:rolleyes:
Have a great trip and savor every blessed second you're there.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I must also say... This countdown in particular has been the quickest one yet! I cannot believe we booked our November trip back in March and we are almost to September! Time is FLYING!!!!

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

I sometimes with time would speed up so my trip will be here but then I have to remind myself that I don't want to wish away my life. I still have other things to look forward to before I go to Disney (even if they aren't quite as exciting as Disney).

Upvote 0

DJ7203

Yes and no. I can't wait for April to come but I also don't want to wish away the coming months. This could be our last trip for a long time :cry: and I am really looking forward to it. But I don't want to rush the planning and all the fun things leading up to the trip. My daughter and I are making a bucket list this time so we can try to do as much on our list as possible. She has already starting watching Disney vlogs on YouTube and said to me yesterday that she wished we were leaving right then for Disney. We both have caught Disney fever since our first trip in February.

Can you recommend some good vlogs? I want to watch them to get ideas :D

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

We leave on 8/30 and while I am so DARN excited I am also feeling like I need a few days to get everything ready:)
We have 5 kids who have no idea which is making getting make up school work, rescheduling sports, dance and voice lessons and packing for 7 in secret a bit more work than I imagined. But the pay off will be so worth it:)

Upvote 0

DJ7203

We leave on 8/30 and while I am so DARN excited I am also feeling like I need a few days to get everything ready:)
We have 5 kids who have no idea which is making getting make up school work, rescheduling sports, dance and voice lessons and packing for 7 in secret a bit more work than I imagined. But the pay off will be so worth it:)

Same here! We only have 1 child. But it's a total surprise for her too! We leave on the 28th. So I am going to have to do our packing & everything in secret so she doesn't suspect anything. She will only miss a day & a half of school, so hopefully there won't be too much make-up work.

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

My best friend says this to me a lot and I think everyone wants the time to slow down while in WDW but here's my advice. Absorb everything while you are in WDW (not just the parks but on the bus, in the resorts, @ dtd). The sights, smells, sounds etc... Don't let anything past your senses. I've done this the past two trips and it's made it feel like time went by sooooo s-l-o-w-l-y. Then your trip gets extended once you leave because you remember everything so much more vividly.

I'm not saying to try and see and do everything b/c that will ruin your vacation. Just make sure you enjoy and appreciate every second. I promise you this will work.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Ours are missing 4 days and one of thoose 4 is an all school mass and PeaceMakers rally (anti bully/postive self image program) so really about 3.25 days. Thankfully our teachers understand the major savings for my family and traveling in the off season. My sons teacher told me I picked the perfect week, early in the school year, already one day off and a super long assembly;) We drive and usually knock out most of the work in the car on the way there and back. A few years ago I bought a travel desk and the kids take turns with it and I climb in the back and sit next to who is doing homework to answer questions and keep them on task.
Happy packing, much better than unpacking!

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Anyone ever get too excited that they just don't want their trip to come quite yet?! I know it sounds weird but I feel like after all the planning and looking forward to the trip I almost don't want it to come yet because I don't want it to be over! I like the feeling of anticipation of looking forward to a trip and all the packing and day before jitters. I know it will be a while before we get to go back again too. Can time slow down a little?! Lol Just two more days and then we are off :)

I'm the opposite, because family is flying in from out of state.

So i want to see them, its been a while, thus time needs to fast forward so they can get here. :)

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Just got back from 10 days in Memphis, TN and now we have 29 days til we take off for Disney World. I could use some more time as I know the days leading up to it will go by fast. Thing is it seems like once we walk thru the entrance to Epcot, the time goes very fast and were packing the car up to go home!!!

Upvote 0

SagamoreBeach

First step on property and I'm thinking ... Oh look at all those glorious days I have :D. Then after the first week goes by I'm thinking... Oh no I only have this many days left :confused:. Then the last day and it's... Where did it all go to ???:banghead: If only I could stop and reverse time over and over again, I'd never have to leave.:rolleyes:
Have a great trip and savor every blessed second you're there.

The first time I booked a 10 day vacation at AKL - thought...What are you doing? What in the world is there to keep you occupied here for 10 days? Needless to say there was plenty and I couldn't believe just how quickly those 10 days flew by.
-T

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer16

Original Poster
Glad to see I'm not the only one! We really are excited for tomorrow but I'm going to do my best to really live in the moment to take it all in. We always say it's the little things that make us love disney so much like the burning smell in that one scene on spaceship earth or getting icecream from the shop on Main Street right before the fireworks ! Or even just listening to the monorail audio! Here's hoping to a fun filled, not too fast trip :eek:)

Upvote 0

SagamoreBeach

Glad to see I'm not the only one! We really are excited for tomorrow but I'm going to do my best to really live in the moment to take it all in. We always say it's the little things that make us love disney so much like the burning smell in that one scene on spaceship earth or getting icecream from the shop on Main Street right before the fireworks ! Or even just listening to the monorail audio! Here's hoping to a fun filled, not too fast trip :eek:)
Have a great time and enjoy!
-T

Upvote 0

disneyfirstLJ

Can you recommend some good vlogs? I want to watch them to get ideas :D

SeeYaReelSoon is our favorite!

Others:
Phil, Emma and Ben
WDWPRINCE
MagicWithMac
Eat, Sleep, Dis, Repeat
pixelsandpixiedust (vlogs and the college program)
ThatonecoupleTV
MouseSteps / JWL Media (Disney news)
TheDisneyDiner (Disney food)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom