deleted

awheartsdw

It was 2 summers ago and we were on the monorail heading back to The Poly when it stopped and we heard a commotion and bunch of people yelling and carrying on on the platform. My husband looked to see what was going on and Barry Sanders and his sons got on the monorail car that we were sitting in. He waved to the excited onlookers on the platform, but I felt badly that he was there with his sons to have a good time and just "be normal" and ride the monorail like the rest of us and experience Disney. There was a husband and wife and their girls in the same car as us and the husband changed seats and sat with his back to Barry Sanders and pretended to be taking pictures of his daughters, but he was snapping pictures of Barry Sanders sitting behind him. I have to admit, I texted my husband as all of this was going on to see who it was that everyone was so excited to see and he texted back "a football player named Barry Sanders" otherwise, I would have had no idea who he was.

glvsav37

we honeymooned the week between xmas and new years in 2000.
Staying club level at Boardwalk, we are in the lounge and some kid is running around it. His father was sitting at the table next to us and telling him to "cool it" from behind a newspaper. My wife looks at me and says "I recognize that voice." dude drops the newspaper, and it was Mr Buzz lightyear himself Tim Allen, looking all scruffy with a grayish beard and blue tinted glasses. We didn't approach him b/c we figure he was staying club level for a little privacy.

Then later that trip we were waiting at the valley for our car and a big black SUV pulls up. Barry Bonds (this was before al the steroid stuff) and Ken Griffy Jr. and their families come out and are standing right next to me. Now i'm not a Baseball fan, but I knew who they were. So i engaged in some small talk, "good luck this season" "enjoy watching you play" yada yada. Just staying cool and nor 'fan boy'....until 2 idiots noticed them and was all like "Griffy...bonds, my man...duuuuude....take a picture with me....sooo cool..." I looked at Bonds and said, "alright...enjoy your vacation.." and he looked back at me and said 'thanks man' before rolling his eyes and getting back into "celebrity mode"

Then on this last trip I was at the Grand Flo waiting for breakfast at 1900, so we went to that little store right there and a skinny old dude with a grey ponytail was in front of me on line. He was getting a package delivery from the parks. I couldn't recognize him but I had a feeing he was someone. He left without the package (prob didn't have his ID, lol) and i tried sneaking a look at the receipt, but count see it. Later that day we were on Soarin and the girl behind me goes "OMG..Greg Nicotero (one of the creators of "The Walking Dead") is at Studios today and showed his Instagram photo...well that was him from the Grand Flo shop.

steviej

I just remembered that I saw him at AK one day as well. He was still wearing a cut off flannel shirt and sweatpants with a ***** pack too! LOL!

Was that this january? Or another time?

also forgot this but I saw Adam Richman inside one of the new restaurants at Disney Springs

That is so cool! I would've gone up to him and told him some restaurants in Jersey he needs to go to lol

glvsav37

there was a funny story from FB a few days ago in another disney group I subscribe to.

A person posted a picture of a pretty athletic looking, well dressed man getting off the jungle cruise with the message "Should I know who this guy is? He was on with a WDW handler."

after a few replied, a poster realized that the sorta frumpily dressed woman wearing a big hat and sunglasses, 2/3 cropped off to the side and with her back to the photo was actually the singer Adele. The guy they were asking about, perfectly framed in the center of the picture was actually her bodyguard.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
we honeymooned the week between xmas and new years in 2000.Staying club level at Boardwalk, we are in the lounge and some kid is running around it. His father was sitting at the table next to us and telling him to "cool it" from behind a newspaper. My wife looks at me and says "I recognize that voice." dude drops the newspaper, and it was Mr Buzz lightyear himself Tim Allen, looking all scruffy with a grayish beard and blue tinted glasses. We didn't approach him b/c we figure he was staying club level for a little privacy.
Not doubting your story, but Tim Allen only has daughters, one born in 1989 (who would have been 11 in 2000) and one born in 2009.

Mr_Incredible

In 2009, we were in T-REX in (then) Downtown Disney and this guy and his family walk by on their way to their table. My parents and I were trying to figure out why we recognized the guy (he was really tall and had a distinctive neck tattoo) and suddenly I realized it was A.J. Burnett (a MLB pitcher who was with the New York Yankees at that point...our home/favorite team!)! They were seated on the way to the bathroom, so my dad went and "creeped" as he went by and confirmed it was him!

We didn't want to bother him while he was eating with his family, but after our lunch we were in the gift shop and I was "building a dino." I left my dad to it for a minute and went out into the main gift shop looking for my mom...who was standing there getting her picture taken with A.J. Burnett! I rushed over and said hi and asked for a picture too. He said of course and put his arm around me and I mumbled something about "Great game in the series!" (he'd pitched a pretty good game in the Yanks' WS win that year). And then we were done and we thanked him and he went back to looking at dinosaur books with his kids. It was so fun and he was so nice! Even though he's with Pittsburgh now, it's a great memory we'll always have!

BxLZzYhHPEGNIRUm3DIjPYnqxFExcs-ZjDWE81k6Nvrg5KokMPHquc-VYy6BwQEL7Yotfna3qbebldKykCKBj2PF9VhV0cbTgjy3y3-V8Wfq9gGPrpFcnNQqdIAanCw2noB6jNzCdrqvA7P0XqM9FG2P_Wo7Z7HB1g2fnpCTf0sHTornN50HvWxpUhl5r73KJMefgqXWKGatv9hvGS_aj4zVBFKSGegV6WMXtv7J-HBynlfhrheF5374WPqNLycflxoQDOuybNWQMxQe78uLH4XhM8KAUjGPqHOyFw-j4k7yjjoZsAjq3Jz6xoxwSgA2T9kopS10WCF7Ve2JEDhQHwEwYZhD7mywAJnfRIaDuIjXAXwdV8gxkJMu8c22zefYaTqwc_B0K-A3-kBCwXpZPPFZOaj60Rbk6SUVUy-XuP9-3xnjZHTj1gXah5meeY5zq3b-HqCYmTwotXjVx_g2Bc8AA-3FyJ-BJ0FwcUNibipnJ3UJDcGT44NNGkJ6ouhiwl54tdNtF_XEsvhFBAznCTfvVF4_MM2Ei-gpom1_LIwGEgYlH8pgcoO2a7OuaCN-t198-pxV9kf75Q8rAkdnYEKs0UbLhEkmdxNnk7uRbf47wX4=w1209-h907-no

G4F0UpdTpHFkq2oKry4ctLwurLnif6eoSzSkNyR4J0_EofFyw5sjbnGAYlQKMysCRNNcZ45h2Lwcnr3ObSsg72VqcEZoCmgaC8ILv0tigvzkULobyZlEgeStP1TdznTAP9teyfgBImEWvG1K5lQfBBqMPCBdCKxtMrn8RfgfyzkLYaEJyskBiF1-DzLBLjW9Toz_qEKoXS6rtTciSspTDA5GlHrOM3-LBOTAfZCwN1QdSbXNTkaF2WnakIvQfNALzgosO4E5zeuimj-cxIjwAzLyU2xlx6iVl_L_OriVx4L4qPPhv1cbnRqbQz3_4PHMMSArUVchUuOoVu5Csc0mWf630PJN2pX9BzJPuIp8kDmhYJvY4wTKK25-YcblEZHcgI-54VQqRPBMy0EqY2Jycv4nMm19CTVu7MwnACTj5bTBrmgqs9AU6Yr13P0dfCwQC9xTcQ6LHN_0aQY8Z6VfkXEXdPyymnZ72Z3f-Q3BRiyNoPfxOuN1CheAVZ-83KrsFwvbi3fEhfY6oInH1JRwyFANqgmVq_qsrxILSCSQkpN6qW-Y9xKw6jcd0td0QjvoyeNRk7IlLAmk1EAiCdm3hmjoHfvEp1VUAF6Cs3i6ZXV7etw=w1209-h907-no

Big Marlins fan here, wish he was healthy in 2003 for us, always liked him!

I was at Universal recently, and ran into WWE wrestlers Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes at Sapphire Falls.

Also shared an elevator with the Bass player for "Anthrax" while there.

Mr_Incredible

That's so awesome! Could take or leave Dolph and Cody, but I def would've asked Zack Ryder for a pic
Dolph took a pic with my 16 year old step daughter walking into the resort, The rest were all lounging at the pool, didn't want to bother them much. But I am a big fan of wrestling it was cool to meet the "show off" himself..he looks literally exactly how he does on tv, smaller even....my father in law was like "wait, that's a pro wrestler?" and I laughed telling him we're a long ways from Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior.

steviej

Dolph took a pic with my 16 year old step daughter walking into the resort, The rest were all lounging at the pool, didn't want to bother them much. But I am a big fan of wrestling it was cool to meet the "show off" himself..he looks literally exactly how he does on tv, smaller even....my father in law was like "wait, that's a pro wrestler?" and I laughed telling him we're a long ways from Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior.

LOL I'm only 5'8 and took a pic with Daniel Bryan and was taller than him

Goofygirl07

Mandy Moore is currently in Disney. Just saw her Instagram video of her ride on Everest. She says she's on the way to Magic Kingdom soon :)

goofyyukyuk

We were in Magic Kingdom the same day as Justin Bieber... not necessarily something to brag about but he is a celebrity. The next day, we talked with an older couple at Epcot and they told us that they had been on Space Mountain when he was on it, and a little girl had drawn a picture for him. He completely ignored the girl. Never seen a celebrity I like though

MUTZIE77

I almost walked into Kelly Rippa and her kids by BTM once. On another occasion Michael Rosenbaum (was in the movie Urban Legend, not too famous) walked past with guest relations and his significant other on the Splash bridge. I was at ESPN zone at Boardwalk watching Packers Vs. Cowboys in 2007 when Jessica Simpson (she was dating Tony Romo at the time) and her entourage were seated at a private table near us. About an hour later a girl in her group passed out on the way back from the restroom, 911 was called and she was taken out on a stretcher. I was at DCA last year and Krysten Ritter was in the row in front of us in the Soarin preshow.

Figments Friend

I had the immense pleasure of spending 6 1/2 hours with Tony Baxter ( Imagineer extraordinare ) and a friend at Disneyland Park a few months ago.
A amazing 'dream come true' evening for this long time fan.

The three of us talked about many things, had a very memorable meal together at Club 33, and then spent the rest of the evening out in the Park riding a few choice Attractions.

Epicness Deluxe.
A truly memorable experience, and something I will never forget.

:)

Other memorable encounters -
Meeting Marty Sklar during Epcot's 25th Anniversary.
He was walking alone outside of The Land Pavilion after giving one of his presentations on that day when I was introduced to him.

Marty shook my hand, then leaned in close and thanked me for, quote "kicking them (Disney) in the *** " to acknowledge the Parks' Silver Anniversary.
I had a little to do with it happening, so hearing him say it in such a frank way was rather special.
A great moment on what was already a headliner of a day!

-

Last edited:

glvsav37

Disney Super-fan John Stamos is at WDW now and while i'm not there, he's putting up a few good shots up on instagram. They are doing quite a bit of Disneybounding

@johnstamos and his wife (I think) @caitlinskybound

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom