Ever have a Disney flashback?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
This year we decided to watch the Electrical Parade Wishes between Liberty Square and Frontier land by that small jail or what ever those things are called. Since then I had the clearest vision of my first Disney trip 20 years ago where hung out in the same area for Spectromagic and Fantasy in the Sky. I remember someone holding me and watching the fireworks over that overhang next to presidents hall of fame. It bought back so many memories from that whole night. I remember it so clearly that I know as a fact that Spectromagic was taking a reverse route that night. Anyone else ever have one of those moments?

Last edited:

MickeyPeace

Wait there's a jail in Frontierland!? And Bethymouse you mean TTC.

For a minute I was very confused. Now I just need to find out where the jail is.

cw1982

A few days ago, I came across my "membership card" from Neverland Club from when I was a kid. I had completely forgotten about that place, and suddenly I remembered it oh so vividly! I had a blast the one night I went there while my parents went out... lol.

Tom

Beta Return
Wait there's a jail in Frontierland!? And Bethymouse you mean TTC.

For a minute I was very confused. Now I just need to find out where the jail is.

Well, there's a set of stocks by the riverboat dock, but I can't picture a jail.

DisneyPrincess5

Yes! Even as an adult having gone many times, every single trip I still am taken a-back with joy and nostalgia in some instances, walking in certain places, seeing something in particular.

One thing especially: when I was in preschool and already obsessed with Disney, one of my friends couldn't come to my birthday party but got me a gift anyway. It was a Disneyland Sing-A-Long VHS. I was OBSESSED WITH IT. I watched it over and over. Obviously Haunted Mansion is different in both parks but I remember the eerie music and scenes and ghosts and every time at HM it brings that back. Love it.

copcarguyp71

Everytime I ride the MK monorail and we go through the Contemporary it takes me back to our trip in 1977 when I was six...do you know how opulent and futuristic that was for its' time back then??? The impact on my consciousness at the time was huge and has stuck with me all these years.

DisneyJunkie

Every now and then I'll be out somewhere and sometimes just the smell of the air through a building's ventilation system will take me back to Disney. The inside of Space Mtn, for instance, has a distinctive odor and as soon as I catch a whiff of it when I walk into a local shop, I'm right there in line for SM again.

AndyS2992

The only flash back I get is when I fell flat on my face in front of lots of people. Every time we walk past that particular spot at DHS someone always has to point it out :oops:

AllyInWonderland

When I was little, every time I saw one of those blow-up noodle people by a fireworks stand, I would think of my favorite puppet from the Tapestry of Dreams parade, who I called "Noodle Man" at the time.
EP_Tapestry_Ring_Man-goldhaber.jpg

Now whenever I see one, I think of the Tapestry of Dreams parade. :inlove:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
When I quit smoking I was on Chantix 3 different times to help me quit. Chantix gave me the BEST, most VIVID dreams and memories of past vacations.

I should start/quit smoking again :p

Goofnut1980

The "jail" is Disney.. You cant exit without paying the "fine" and filling up your bags with trinkets and bobbles. Every ride has a small little shop to keep you in longer and paying more! hahahaha

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A lot of things give me flashbacks at Disney. Entering the Polynesian though reminds me of the first visits I can remember as a kid.

Susan Savia

Everytime we walk through Epcot's parking lot to our car, I flash back to the time I tripped over one of the parking blocks, and messed up my knees pretty good.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Everytime we walk through Epcot's parking lot to our car, I flash back to the time I tripped over one of the parking blocks, and messed up my knees pretty good.

I tripped over a parking block in the Caribbean Resort parking lot, I scraped up my knee pretty bad. I still have a scar, free souvenir I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom