Ever been to VDGC in August?

Parrain

Original Poster
Hi, my daughter attends a dance intensive at Debbie Reynolds studio in Hollywood at the end of summer every year. We want to cap it off with a Disneyland trip next year! How hard is it to use your Florida dvc points to get a studio for 3 August weekdays at the VDGC? Anyone ever try? I know it's impossible to get a studio at certain resorts in Fla (BCV for example) unless you're an owner and use your 11 month window.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Hi, my daughter attends a dance intensive at Debbie Reynolds studio in Hollywood at the end of summer every year. We want to cap it off with a Disneyland trip next year! How hard is it to use your Florida dvc points to get a studio for 3 August weekdays at the VDGC? Anyone ever try? I know it's impossible to get a studio at certain resorts in Fla (BCV for example) unless you're an owner and use your 11 month window.
It is the only DVC property @ Disneyland and is even hard to get into at the 11 month mark for owners there. You might be able to at 7 months but it is highly unlikely for a Studio especially much less any other room from what I heard. Sorry I could not give you better news. You could always do a cash stay and not on points. You would probably have better luck doing that. :)

Last edited:

Parrain

Original Poster
It is the only DVC property @ Disneyland and is even hard to get into at the 11 month mark for owners there. You might be able to at 7 months but it is highly unlikely for a Studio especially much less any other room from what I heard. Sorry I could not give you better news. You could always do a cash stay and not on points. You would probably have better luck doing that. :)
Thanks for the info! Oh well, I won't get my hopes up, but we will try our luck on the DVC with a default plan to stay at the Disneyland hotel or one of the Good Neighbor hotels like Hilton.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thanks for the info! Oh well, I won't get my hopes up, but we will try our luck on the DVC with a default plan to stay at the Disneyland hotel or one of the Good Neighbor hotels like Hilton.
You can still stay there if you are a cash guest like I mentioned. They always have rooms available for regular bookings just like at the other 2 hotels on property. I know you want to use points but that is always an option.
But yes definately try as you never know you might be able to on points instead of cash. I wish you the best of luck and some have been able to so don't lose hope and try at exactly 7 months first thing in the morning!
Also an option you could always see if you can rent points from an owner at VGC so it could be booked right at 11 months. Try David's or other reputable places to rent points to see if at 11 months an owner will be renting points out. They go for about $14-$15
A point to rent on average. :)

WWWD

We were able to get a one bed room there for 5 nights for this July, but we reserved it right at the 7 month window. However, that was before all the promotion for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary, and I believe that runs through next summer.

yoyoflamingo

Every time I have put in for a waitlist (sometimes at less than 7 months) I have always gotten through. I would book another room with no cancellation fee just in case, but I have always made it though. Actually, we're ready to book for a trip for next June.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom