Ever been first guest on a ride? First at a park?

KCheatle

When we went to DIsneyland a few years ago we were the first ones on Splash Mountain. We went around once, and there was no one in line, so they let us stay on. We went around again, same story. So, we ended up riding Splash Mountain 3 times in a row! My kids still talk about it being their top Disney experience of all time! :D

We also were first in line for Belle's Storytime at WDW the first time we went back to WDW after that attraction opened. My DD (8 at the time) was INSISTENT that we go to it first because she couldn't wait to see Belle's house :rolleyes::)It was significantly less exciting than our Splash Mountain experience. In fact, I wouldn't recommend anyone make that their first stop at WDW because we ended up waiting 15-20 minutes until enough people came to play all the parts of the show. We could have gone on at least one ride first. Oh well! You live you learn ;)

bh_trade

I think it was back in 2000, I went to WDW for the first time for Star Wars Weekends, mainly because Carrie Fisher was going to be there. I got to the Studios on Saturday, but she was only signing a limited number of autographs and we had gotten there late. So, my friend and I stayed in the parking lot overnight and I was the first one in the park the next morning and the first in line to get her autograph. When I told her I was waiting since the previous day to meet her, she gave me a hug. I was tired but it was a great day!

You get my vote for best story in this thread!

SteamboatJoe

First on Primeval Whirl last time I was at AK. Had intended to get on Dinosaur first thing but it was down. Was given the offer to just stay on it but declined as there was other stuff to get to.

Disneydreamer23

I was the first to ride the Mexico ride in September. I thought both sides opened at the same time , but I realized I was wrong found a bench and waited. :)

KikoKea

Oh yes. I went to the AmAd bathroom after the park had emptied. I walked back to the Italian isola with virtually no one else around, only the streetlights lit, and the park PA was blasting out Makin' Memories, Listen to the Land and Centercore at a volume that almost made me cry. A real goosebump moment.
We usually stay for the Kiss Goodnight at MK and take our time walking to exit EPCOT, but I've always wondered just how late someone can linger in the park before they drag you out. An hour? Less or more?

Liked the music in your video, BTW. :)

StarWarsGirl

First? Yeah, no. It's vacation; I'm sleeping.

Last? Heck yeah. I love walking through the parks after closing, especially going through World Showcase to International Gateway. The music is still on and you can really enjoy looking at the pavilions with no crowds.

I was last on Space Mountain (well, Hyperspace Mountain) when I went to Disneyland. I've also been on the last Soarin' flight of the night several times.

Sapphic_galaxy

Never the first because the best time to visit the park is after noon when the day crowd leaves for lunch. We were last on Dinosaur in the AK and I have to say, it was pretty terrifying being the only people on the ride.

danyoung56

We usually stay for the Kiss Goodnight at MK and take our time walking to exit EPCOT, but I've always wondered just how late someone can linger in the park before they drag you out.

I always hang out in the World Showcase long after the crowd has rushed out. Only once did I get caught in the late night Disney sweep, as they flush everyone out of the park. I'm usually there a good 60 to 90 minutes past closing time.

Figment Forever

A couple of years ago, my daughter and I were the first ones to enter Disney Jr. Live On Stage. They did a little opening ceremony and had her say the "magic words" to open the doors. Later during the show the CM brought her a "first family" certificate with autographs of all the characters in the show. It was a very special moment for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom