Ever been first guest on a ride? First at a park?

Sundown

Original Poster
Thought this might be a fun thread. A few weeks ago I had two "firsts".

- Was the first guest on a ride for that day; Frozen Ever After: Speed walked at rope drop from International Gateway during morning Extra Magic Hours.I actually wasn't the first person to arrive, but the ride was down. Some people left. I asked if a line could be started. About 15 min later the ride opened, and I was the first on. Front seat.

- Was the first guest for that day at Animal Kingdom during morning EMH. Reading ahead, I knew to arrive early for rope drop to be able to ride Flight of Passage. I...arrived way to early at 5:45AM. Walked up, and was stopped by bag check/security. Only the Cast Members were arriving & entering. I awkwardly stood 10 feet in front of security...waiting. Of course other guests eventually showed up in force.

So have you been the first guest on a ride for the day? Or at a park?

Beacon Joe

Yes, my brothers and I were first on Space Mountain in Disneyland several days in a row. Early 1980s. That was a fun trip.

Lately, no. But I have been first on the resort launches for the day.

epcotisbest

Yes, fun thread. We were first on the less intense side of Mission Space when it opened. Not just first day, but first in line the morning it opened. It was in the spring of 2006, but I don't remember the exact date. They had soft openings, but that day was the official first day. The cast members made a big deal about it, but I don't recall any special mementoes or anything.

osueddy

When we went to Disney Studios in June, two cast members from Toy Story Mania came up to our family while we were waiting at the rope drop and they selected us to be the "first family of Pixar Place." We walked with them before rope drop to Toy Story Mania and got to meet Buzz, Woody, and the Green Army Men. Then we got to ride Toy Story Mania first before anyone else was even back there!

Disney4family

We waited with the masses for DHS to open one morning. We walked quickly right behind the CMs when the park opened. My kids were hoping to be first in line for Rock n Roller Coaster. Made it! :joyfull:

Captain Barbossa

Last year, I was the first person from the single rider line to get on Test Track. That's the only one that I can come up with at the moment. Also was the very last person to get on Space Mountain on our 2014 trip. Just throwing that out there.

DisAl

My first time doing the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour back in 2003 I was the only one who had scheduled the tour that day, but they did it for me anyway. It was a real treat to get to do everything and have the guide all to myself to ask as many questions as I wanted. I've done the tour two more times but have never been with less than 15 since that first time. FYI, if you like the steam trains, this tour is a LOT of fun and very informative.

Chef Mickey

Literally first people to enter MK and ride Space Mountain around 1993.

Also, we were the only guests in World Showcase getting engagement pictures done. That was an amazing experience, riding in an air conditioned truck from country to country and going places guests usually aren't allowed.

Last edited:

GeoDonJac34

We were in AK at the time Expedition Everest opened. A CM offered us first ride on EE. Our son was around seven at the time and was too afraid to go on , so we had to decline. We ran into same CM a few hours later and he asked if we had ridden yet. We had not, so he offered to take us to front of line and he would watch our son for us. We took him up on the offer and he walked us right up to ride and stopped the loading so we could get on ride. When we got off he was waiting for us with our son. He brought him into control room and showed him how things worked. He gave him a certificate saying that he was an official engineer of the ride. Thought that was pretty cool.

I am Timmy

Some years ago our family was the first on Buzz Lightyear and we got a complimentary free picture in paper frame. Do they still do that?

mimitchi33

We were the first people on Figment one day on our last trip. We did rope drop for Joy and Sadness and were the second group to see them that same trip (the first was a family who I saw on the bus to our resort one night).

nickys

Premium Member
DS and I were first on the Epcot monorail on New Years (2017). Most others who were on the resort monorail decided to go down the ramp to the bus. We decided to get on the monorail, and sure enough they finished the safety checks about 10 minutes later, and we were away before the bus! One other family followed our lead.

Tyaloo

Oh yes, lots of times! I'm up with the birds! lol

Been first at MK, first into ETwB, first into BOG for breakfast, first into Space Mountain, first into Princess Fairytale Hall, first to arrive at Epcot, first into Akershus, the list goes on :)!

danyoung56

Many years ago I was the first into Disneyland by a few seconds. I had worked it out with the CM at the gate, who let me in just a few seconds before anyone else. So for that few seconds, I was the only guest in the park - very cool!

JIMINYCR

Hitting rope drop and managing to outpace others, I've been the first rider on at Splash, PotC, EE. I was in the middle of an arriving group of people at Soarin, RnRC, TOT, TSM, ST.

DfromATX

We were in AK at the time Expedition Everest opened. A CM offered us first ride on EE. Our son was around seven at the time and was too afraid to go on , so we had to decline. We ran into same CM a few hours later and he asked if we had ridden yet. We had not, so he offered to take us to front of line and he would watch our son for us. We took him up on the offer and he walked us right up to ride and stopped the loading so we could get on ride. When we got off he was waiting for us with our son. He brought him into control room and showed him how things worked. He gave him a certificate saying that he was an official engineer of the ride. Thought that was pretty cool.

That's a neat experience, kind of like you were a celebrity. When my kids were younger they were big chickens. So, one time when I rode EE with the only child that wasn't scared, my husband stayed behind with the baby and the 2 chickens. A cast member saw them crying and took them into the control room also, which I thought was really nice! Now all 4 of them love that ride!

SteveAZee

In 1981/1982 my girlfriend and I were at the rope drop at the MK and ran to Big Thunder. They were still pulling sandbags out of the seats and since we were the only ones there, we did not just one, not two, but three trips around the mountain before people started lining up (they let us remain seated for each run rather than needing to re-queue). We were done after three and people were finally filling up the cars by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom