Events in Early December?

BigRedDad

I am not talking the typical events like MVMCP, CP, etc. I am trying to see if there are Dance, Cheerleader, Pop Warner or other type of events like that going on. While looking into our trip, most of the Value resorts were unavailable for our week.

Just trying to see if there is place to identify what types of events are happening.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Also to add they don't effect the parks really much at all on our experiences. They are doing their events all day at ESPN complex then venture to the parks some evenings. We are there a lot during this and unless you stay at a value resort you really don't notice them. We will be there 11/29-12/12 again staying at a Deluxe of course so no bother of them there. Lol ;)

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I know the park attendance does not go up much with them there. When I was first looking at Dec, I could not get into AS, Pop, nor AoA resorts for our dates. I knew something had to be going on. I always check Values and then see how much better I do offsite. Then, I hit the OKW offer and could not pass it up.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Also to add they don't effect the parks really much at all on our experiences. They are doing their events all day at ESPN complex then venture to the parks some evenings. We are there a lot during this and unless you stay at a value resort you really don't notice them. We will be there 11/29-12/12 again staying at a Deluxe of course so no bother of them there. Lol ;)
I've seen a couple of instances where the cheerleaders booked Hollywood Studios in its entirety one night and it meant no Fantasmic.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I've seen a couple of instances where the cheerleaders booked Hollywood Studios in its entirety one night and it meant no Fantasmic.

Never has happened while we were there or I went to HS maybe on different nights. We usually went on the EMH evening days every trip. None this year of course due to construction. Also that was likely during the Osborne days. I noticed they had more private events for different things those years (not usually while we were there though).
HS hours this year that week have no early closures all are at 8pm which is the normal closing time in the fall. Yes hours are subject to change but usually events like that that would shorten hours are already on the calendar. They usually never shorten hours later. Like the CM holiday event at MK on 11/30 that has a 4:30pm closure that day. ;)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Thanks for the info. I know the park attendance does not go up much with them there. When I was first looking at Dec, I could not get into AS, Pop, nor AoA resorts for our dates. I knew something had to be going on. I always check Values and then see how much better I do offsite. Then, I hit the OKW offer and could not pass it up.

You are very welcome! Glad That worked out then! And yeah that would be why those dates you are looking at were full at Values. Usually always that first full week of December. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!! We will be there at the same time I'll be at Kidani. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom