Evening Flag Ceremony at Magic Kingdom

NMLittle

Original Poster
I have tried to find the answer to this and I can't seem to find anyone who knows about it. Does anyone know if you have to be active duty or a Vet to be the chosen family for the flag ceremony? I'm not meaning to disrespect them or take an experience from a service member I just wasn't sure if I had any chance of being chosen. I am a Marine widow. My husband was killed in service and I will have my daughter and my husband's sister with me this next trip and thought it would be something extra special for us. I understand if they don't I just figured I would ask to see if anyone knew the policy on who is eligible and how you are chosen.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
So sorry for your loss! And thank you to your husband and you for both serving our country. The wives count to me as serving too. My hubby is an army veteran and served 10 years active duty before we met. It is open to any veteran, active duty, and families as far as I know .
But who they pick is completely random and you can't request to do it. They cast members pick someone every morning. Maybe with your case you can go first thing in the morning to city hall on main street and request it and explain why you want to and about your husband. Can't hurt to ask about it.
Again so sorry for your loss and thank you for his and your service. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom