Evening Extra Magic hours...missing?

FigmentFollower

Original Poster
Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. I am planning a trip for the last week in September and noticed that the parks are not offering extra magic evening hours. Is this something new? I understand that MK has to close early for the MNSSHP but other than that, I see no information listing evening magic hours. Has this been phased out?

Thanks in advanced for any help.

:-0

cw1982

Seems like I've read on here somewhere that there is a rumor going around that they are trying to do away with evening EMH. I hope not, because for people like DH and me who don't have kids, the evening EMH is one thing we are really looking forward to, especially at MK. Granted, for us personally, it may not matter so much as this is probably going to be our last kid-free trip to WDW for many years to come (hopefully), but I would hate that for others who prefer to be in the parks at night instead of early mornings.

MarkTwain

Seems like I've read on here somewhere that there is a rumor going around that they are trying to do away with evening EMH. I hope not, because for people like DH and me who don't have kids, the evening EMH is one thing we are really looking forward to, especially at MK. Granted, for us personally, it may not matter so much as this is probably going to be our last kid-free trip to WDW for many years to come (hopefully), but I would hate that for others who prefer to be in the parks at night instead of early mornings.

That's what I was thinking. It's hard to believe the end of evening EMH caught this forum by surprise, but I wonder if that's what happened?

cw1982

That's what I was thinking. It's hard to believe the end of evening EMH caught this forum by surprise, but I wonder if that's what happened?

I wouldn't say it caught this forum by surprise (if it's true that they are ending evening EMH)... like I said, I originally read that somewhere in a thread on here. I don't remember which thread, I just remember reading it because it caught my attention. I was surprised, though, that the comment I read didn't generate much response from anyone else (to my recollection).

JohnD

Just checked the WDW website. MK has them on 9/22 and Epcot has them on 9/24 and again in MK on 9/29. Granted not as many as you would like but they do have them and WDW cuts back their hours in the fall anyway.

cw1982

Yep... even as late as October 6 there are evening EMH at MK. That's as far as I've looked. Interesting.

tl77

MK has Mickey's Halloween Party the last week in Sept, but the tickets haven't gone on sale yet so those dates haven't been released. Aside from that though, the Sept 2014 scheduled doesn't look that different from Sept 2013, with 1 morning and 1 evening EHM in Sept 2013 http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm

Clamman73

Yep... even as late as October 6 there are evening EMH at MK. That's as far as I've looked. Interesting.

If you compare last year Sunday to Saturday second week in October 2013 vs 2014, the MK is open for 4 hrs less for that week in 2014 compared to 2013 with the same amount of EMH total (3 hrs) for both years.

I was there that week last year and it was a little crowded, so I'm gonna put myself there the previous week this year to stay out of the bump in crowds that is occurring mid October.

rt06

Could that be due to MNSSH? Just a guess. Or do they not traditionally have the Halloween party on Sundays?

Every Sunday is MK EMH, except for one (Jun 29th), up until Sep. 14th. So even at two consecutive weeks it's unusual, though I don't know much about the fall season.

cw1982

Every Sunday is MK EMH, except for one (Jun 29th), up until Sep. 14th. So even at two consecutive weeks it's unusual, though I don't know much about the fall season.

I understand about the Sundays through mid-September. DH and I are planning our first day at WDW around being able to use those Sunday night EMH ;)

While it might be unusual to not have evening EMH on Sundays through the busy season, when are evening EMH normally during MNSSHP, if ever? To me, that would be the real indicator.

bethram

I've been looking at the park hours for our trip at the beginning of October and all of the parks, with the exception of Animal Kingdom have evening EMH during our stay. MK closes at 7pm both Friday and Sunday so I assumed those were both MNSSHP dates because those were the same days at MVMCP during our trip last December.

belledream

I've been looking at the park hours for our trip at the beginning of October and all of the parks, with the exception of Animal Kingdom have evening EMH during our stay. MK closes at 7pm both Friday and Sunday so I assumed those were both MNSSHP dates because those were the same days at MVMCP during our trip last December.
Animal Kingdom hasn't had evening EMH in a few years. Maybe because the animals need to go to bed. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom