ET Rehab

Re: Re: Re: ET Rehab

Originally posted by Luau Cove

Spielberg with long hair? Woah. :lol: Yes, it's about time they change that, but I really like the line fachade that looks like the ET woods, it's trully amazing and greatly designed. The smell is also realistic and the ride is awesome...it beats many of Disney's, though it's hard for me to admit.
-->LUAU
to me it doesn't beat many disne rides just many disney quens

Sean23

I went to E.T. annual passholder preview saturday morning, the preshow is not really any better to me. The added small t.v.'s instead of the screen on the wall. I noticed a few changes on the ride. They also gave us free mini e.t. posters and a passporter. The had the ride open to passholders only until 11 a.m.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Ok. I saw it yesterday, and I wouldn't really call it an improvement. Instead of being on the big screen, they now have it on many small tvs around the room. The old screen is covered with a poster. For the actual preshow, imagine the same show, only instead of Speilburg having long hair, he's going bald. They also stress about how E.t.s 20 years old, and thats the only big difference.

They did add some other cool stuff that I haven't seen before in other spots than the preshow too. While you are waiting to go into the preshow, they added a fiber optic starry night sky on the ceiling which is cool (anyone know how they did this without closing the ride down? I thought they would have to redo the whole ceiling to add fiberoptics into cement) Also, on the ride, right after when you are flying across the city, you would turn and a green light would shine on you with lots of smoke, and then you would be on E.T.s planet. Now there is a mirror in front of you with lots of fiber optics in it, with no smoke, and then you turn to go to E.t.s planet. I liked the old thing better. I thought it was more effective, but Universal must have had their reasons for changing this.

Also...They said this goes to next weekend, but after you ride E.T. you can ask a cast member at the exitr for a game card, and if you go to each attraction in the park, they will give you a sticker, and when you bring the card back, they give you E.T. Mardi Gra Beads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom