Estimated Time to Complete Animal Kingdom

DABIGCHEEZ

Like has been said all through the thread... There are plenty of attractions at AK to fill at least one day, but if you want to skip 1/2 of them, you too can call it a 1/2 day park. ;)

We often plan a second day there just because it is our favorite park.:D

Last edited:

DisneyJunkie

If you actually spend the time doing the things offered at the park, walking the trails, noticing all the details, watching the shows, and enjoying the beauty, you'll easily find its a full day to multi day park.

If you rush to ride Everest, do the safari, and skip everything else, you'll post threads on WDW Magic saying its a 4 hour to half day "unfinished" park.

And there's nothing at all wrong with doing that. You can actually spend time in the park and go with the intent of doing the things you already know you're interested in or have enjoyed before. You can still go only for the things you want and at the same time enjoy the beauty of the park.........and still feel it's not worth an entire day spent there. Again, it's up to each person subjectively to determine what they feel is the best way to "do" Animal Kingdom. I do it the way I want to do it, and generally it's a half-day park.....and I'm fine with that. I love park-hopping and making sure my day is filled with the rides and attractions I know and love.

Florida_is_hot

If you rush to ride Everest, do the safari, and skip everything else, you'll post threads on WDW Magic saying its a 4 hour to half day "unfinished" park.
That is what usually do and I am done with the place at noon.
The shows do not interest me, Dinosaur and "It is Tough to be bug" usually are easy to get in.

Go on Safari, get off maybe take the path.
Head of the Asia take Expedition Everest (singles line)
Do the Dinosaur, the tough to be a bug

I have done other things the train to conservation centre, the rides like Primordial? Swirl.
... but these rides are not special enough to do more than once
I even watch shows but I do not miss them.
... me see the show once and it is good enough

graphite1326

We get there at rope drop. Do EE. And then onto the rest of the park not in any particular order. We always do EE again and if there is no line a 3rd time. We don't do Nemo or the TS and not the parade either. Sometimes we do the Rapids it depends on if we feel like getting wet. We also sometimes do the train and even if we do we are done by 3:00 and headed to another park.

jloucks

Get there at rope drop
FP+ for Kilimanjaro, Kali and Everest
Do FP+ for Safari (9:00-10:00)
Do Pangani Exploration Trail
Do Festival of the Lion King (10:00am)
Do FP+ for Kali (10:30-11:30)
Majahrah Jungle Trek
Flights of Wonder (11:45)
Lunch
Do FP+ for Everest (1:30-2:30)
Finding Nemo - The Musical (2:30-3:00)
Get 4th FP+ for Primeval Whirl (4:00-5:00)
Do FP+ for Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin (if you have little ones)
The Boneyard (if you have little ones)
DINOSAUR
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Discovery Island Trails

If you aren't big on thrills, cut DINOSAUR, Primeval and Everest.

There's also a TON of character M&Gs if you have little ones. And smaller animal exhibits throughout the park that aren't listed as an attraction. Plus, some Streetmosphere in each continent.

You could easily spend 9am-7pm there... and once the nighttime safari, Pandora and RoL open, you could stay until 9pm or 10pm.

Granted, a lot of the stuff I listed is 'minor', so for those who only do Safari, Lion King, Kali, Everest and DINOSAUR, this is a 3-3.5 hr park (less if you do FP+ for Safari, Kali and Everest). For those taking a 7 day vacation, I'd recommend spending a whole day. DHS is the only park that's truly half-day, currently.

I can't say it any better. ....quoted for emphasis.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We're planning on spending 2 days there our next trip. We always schedule at least one open to close day, and if it's only one day to see everything we get it done but feel a bit rushed. With ROL opening next year I'm hoping it will be open until at least 9pm so we can take our time and enjoy everything both days

Chef Mickey

That is what usually do and I am done with the place at noon.
The shows do not interest me, Dinosaur and "It is Tough to be bug" usually are easy to get in.

Go on Safari, get off maybe take the path.
Head of the Asia take Expedition Everest (singles line)
Do the Dinosaur, the tough to be a bug

I have done other things the train to conservation centre, the rides like Primordial? Swirl.
... but these rides are not special enough to do more than once
I even watch shows but I do not miss them.
... me see the show once and it is good enough
The fact you skip practically everything and are done by noon is simply your choice. It has no basis for proving AK is an "until noon" park.

If I went to MK and rode Splash, Space and Thunder and said I'm done because I only want thrills, MK isn't a 1 hr park at that point.

Last edited:

DisneyJunkie

The fact you skip practically everything and are done by noon is simply your choice. It has no basis for proving AK is a "until noon" park.

If I went to MK and rode Splash, Space and Thunder and said I'm done because I only want thrills, MK isn't a 1 hr park at that point.

It absolutely does have a basis for proving that contention. The question isn't about how long it would take someone to see and do EVERYTHING there is to do in the park, necessarily, it's about an estimated time for completing "most of" the park.

"Completing most" it is a subjective phrase based on everyone's tastes and preferences for doing Animal Kingdom. "Most" could simply refer to the rides/attractions that someone personally prefers. You yourself agreed that it is "simply (their) choice". If a person goes to AK and skips what they want to skip and enjoys what they want to enjoy, then for them it IS a 1 hr park (or half-day) because that's how they choose to do it and that's what "completes" the park for them. If one person's choice is to see everything there is to see and take as much time in the world as they want to in doing so, that's how THEY complete the park. There is no ONE single - right/wrong - way to complete any of the parks. You just do what's best or more enjoyable for YOU.

MaryJaneP

As many have said, you can MAKE any park into a full day or half day park depending on how involved and observant of your surroundings you want to be. Reminds us of our trip to Versailles. Some "tourists" treated this as a race through the phenomenally decorated rooms. Pushing people in front of them and barging through as quickly as possible. We wonder how well they enjoyed their trip versus simply being able to say they had been there. Maybe other commitments kept them from slowing down. To each their own. However, due to afternoon/evening obligations, we have rarely spent a full day at AK. We have had to purposefully decide what we want to skip as there is plenty there to fill a day.

Chef Mickey

It absolutely does have a basis for proving that contention. The question isn't about how long it would take someone to see and do EVERYTHING there is to do in the park, necessarily, it's about an estimated time for completing "most of" the park.

"Completing most" it is a subjective phrase based on everyone's tastes and preferences for doing Animal Kingdom. "Most" could simply refer to the rides/attractions that someone personally prefers. You yourself agreed that it is "simply (their) choice". If a person goes to AK and skips what they want to skip and enjoys what they want to enjoy, then for them it IS a 1 hr park (or half-day) because that's how they choose to do it and that's what "completes" the park for them. If one person's choice is to see everything there is to see and take as much time in the world as they want to in doing so, that's how THEY complete the park. There is no ONE single - right/wrong - way to complete any of the parks. You just do what's best or more enjoyable for YOU.
Of course you can do what you want, but people throw "half day park" around when discussing AK as it's pure fact and there simply isn't enough to do. That's the difference and is why I take exception. We aren't talking about an inane argument of doing 1 favorite ride and calling it done "for you." I truly believe you can objectively list the offerings and objectively state there is enough there to make it a full day.

AK could be bigger, with more to do, sure. They are working on that. However, flat out skipping major portions of the park because it's your prerogative, actually doesn't make the park a half day park objectively. You're right, it makes it a _____ day park for you. I just think it's unreasonable. There is a lot of subjectivity on this argument, but there is one thing we can agree upon. You can measure all the "activities" in any park, pretty objectively. If there were a park with literally 1 ride and 1 show, you could more easily make the argument there isn't enough to do. I don't believe AK is in this position with the offerings currently there.

AK is only open about 7 - 10 hrs on a typical day. If you list the activities, shows, trails, attractions, food, etc...you'll find there is objectively enough to do to make a day or more out of it. Whether or not you like them and want to see the show, walk the trails, or ride the attractions is a different argument.

DisneyJunkie

Of course you can do what you want, but people throw "half day park" around when discussing AK as it's pure fact and there simply isn't enough to do. That's the difference and is why I take exception. We aren't talking about an inane argument of doing 1 favorite ride and calling it done "for you." I truly believe you can objectively list the offerings and objectively state there is enough there to make it a full day.

AK could be bigger, with more to do, sure. They are working on that. However, flat out skipping major portions of the park because it's your prerogative, actually doesn't make the park a half day park objectively. You're right, it makes it a _____ day park for you. I just think it's unreasonable. There is a lot of subjectivity on this argument, but there is one thing we can agree upon. You can measure all the "activities" in any park, pretty objectively. If there were a park with literally 1 ride and 1 show, you could more easily make the argument there isn't enough to do. I don't believe AK is in this position with the offerings currently there.

AK is only open about 7 - 10 hrs on a typical day. If you list the activities, shows, trails, attractions, food, etc...you'll find there is objectively enough to do to make a day or more out of it. Whether or not you like them and want to see the show, walk the trails, or ride the attractions is a different argument.

I can agree with that, to a point. Just for me, I don't see ANY of the WDW parks being worth an entire day. I love to park hop and hit multiple parks every day of my trip (that makes me feel like I'm really getting my money's worth) and not just stay in one. I can see why people would spend a whole day in one, it's just not for me. Could they MAKE it an entire day? Sure. Should they? That's up to them to decide. I don't care much for any parades, and apart from the 3D ones, I'm not really into the shows either. Those things make up a good bit of the attractions in the World and I'm fine skipping them to have more time on the things I love.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We were there from open to close in a January trip, no kids, still did not get to see/do everything. We were not new to AK, but it had been several years since our last visit. We rode EE twice, but did not see Lion King, and Kali was closed. And, at that time of year, lines were short. Can't imagine how much we would have to skip in a busy season.
Exactly! Me and DH feel the same as we never have kids with us either and still could spend more than one full day at AK easily and we go when it's not peak times either. :happy:

Chef Mickey

I can agree with that, to a point. Just for me, I don't see ANY of the WDW parks being worth an entire day. I love to park hop and hit multiple parks every day of my trip (that makes me feel like I'm really getting my money's worth) and not just stay in one. I can see why people would spend a whole day in one, it's just not for me. Could they MAKE it an entire day? Sure. Should they? That's up to them to decide. I don't care much for any parades, and apart from the 3D ones, I'm not really into the shows either. Those things make up a good bit of the attractions in the World and I'm fine skipping them to have more time on the things I love.
I'd say you're in the overwhelming minority to think no park is worth an entire day, which very clearly explains your opposing opinion.

What park would consider worth an entire day, outside of Disney?

DisneyJunkie

I'd say you're in the overwhelming minority to think no park is worth an entire day, which very clearly explains your opposing opinion.

What park would consider worth an entire day, outside of Disney?

And I'd say you're in the overwhelming minority in your view as well. See, what we each have is an OPINION. Neither is better than or more right than the other. I don't see any park - unless it's a singular park with no other co-parks around - as being worthy of an entire day. In Charlotte, NC there's a park there called Carowinds. I've been to it many times, but couldn't ever spend all day there. It just gets old after a while because you're limited to the offerings of just one place.

Chef Mickey

And I'd say you're in the overwhelming minority in your view as well. See, what we each have is an OPINION. Neither is better than or more right than the other. I don't see any park - unless it's a singular park with no other co-parks around - as being worthy of an entire day. In Charlotte, NC there's a park there called Carowinds. I've been to it many times, but couldn't ever spend all day there. It just gets old after a while because you're limited to the offerings of just one place.
I'm in the minority in believing MK is at least a one day park?

Sorry, but I'm not.

Saying "no park" at Disney is worth a full day definitely makes you in the minority.

Tromboneking

Ok..I am going to get flamed here..but...I do not care for AK at ALL!!! It is always 20 degrees hotter than the other parks (or seems that way...). It is hard to walk through with all the changes in elevation. I also don't care to much for the rides. I like Everest and the Safari, but not too keen on the others. But I know some love it...so to each his own. I can do it for about 4 hours or so and I an done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom