Estimated Time to Complete Animal Kingdom

SQLAgent

Original Poster
I'm just curious about how many hours would it take to complete most of Animal Kingdom? My guess is 6 hours? Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
To do most of the park I would say one full day from opening to close. There is more to do there than people think. The reason a lot do less than a day is because they skip over a lot of things due to seeing them already or riding them many times already etc. you can easily spend opening to closing there if you want to do all they offer or most of it. Me and DH usually spend total a whole day there every trip 8-10 hours total. :)

Jon81uk

There are three shows (Nemo, Lion King, Flights of Wonder) so allow three hours just to see those. Allow 45 minutes just for the safari even if you have an FP. Then you also have Dinosaur, Everest, Kali Rapids, Tough to be Bug and Dinoland. Plus the two walking trails to look at the gorillas, Tigers, bats and birds. Then if you want to take the train to Rafikis allow another 90 minutes to ride, walk, explore and ride back. Then time for lunch in your day as well. Also there is the Wilderness Explorers badges to collect.

So easily can fill the entire opening hours if you want to.

SAV

It's hard to interpret what you mean by "most" of AK. Just like any park, you could run through it, hit a couple of rides and be done in 2 hours. Or you can really explore the park like it was intended and it is easily a full day. There are several hours of shows alone that you can watch. We always spend the entire open to close at AK each trip.

epcotisbest

We have never spent less than a full day there either. The half day designation is simply wrong. AK is what you make of it. With six hours, you will miss a lot. We have spent a full day there and never rode a single ride once when I was having some health issues...and still had a great day.

DisneyJunkie

To be honest, I think most of it can be done from park opening to around 12 or 12:30 or so. And by most, I mean the attractions that I personally would consider "worthwhile". AK has never really been an all-day kind of park, and even when Avatarland opens up, it may only push that out another hour or two. There's such a variety in attractions in the park that there are some you'll like and some you won't or won't really be interested in.....that's part of the charm of WDW. I couldn't ever see myself spending an entire day in just one park, I enjoy park-hopping too much.

True, it depends on how you like to "do" a park when you're there. You can try and make a point of seeing every single thing there and stretch it out into an all-day thing, or you can know what things interest you and stick to what you know and like (which may also be everything) and still do it all only in a few hours.

epcotisbest

To be honest, I think most of it can be done from park opening to around 12 or 12:30 or so. And by most, I mean the attractions that I personally would consider "worthwhile". AK has never really been an all-day kind of park, and even when Avatarland opens up, it may only push that out another hour or two. There's such a variety in attractions in the park that there are some you'll like and some you won't or won't really be interested in.....that's part of the charm of WDW. I couldn't ever see myself spending an entire day in just one park, I enjoy park-hopping too much.

True, it depends on how you like to "do" a park when you're there. You can try and make a point of seeing every single thing there and stretch it out into an all-day thing, or you can know what things interest you and stick to what you know and like (which may also be everything) and still do it all only in a few hours.
So if the only thing that interested you there was the turnstiles, it could easily be a 10-second park.
Truly, there is such a variety, like you said...so much to see and do. What you personally consider worthwhile and what someone else considers worthwhile is a meaningless comparison. For example, we quit hopping years ago. For us, we never waste time park hopping and you don't spend an entire day in just one park. Yet, I'm betting we both still have a great time.

mahnamahna101

Get there at rope drop
FP+ for Kilimanjaro, Kali and Everest
Do FP+ for Safari (9:00-10:00)
Do Pangani Exploration Trail
Do Festival of the Lion King (10:00am)
Do FP+ for Kali (10:30-11:30)
Majahrah Jungle Trek
Flights of Wonder (11:45)
Lunch
Do FP+ for Everest (1:30-2:30)
Finding Nemo - The Musical (2:30-3:00)
Get 4th FP+ for Primeval Whirl (4:00-5:00)
Do FP+ for Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin (if you have little ones)
The Boneyard (if you have little ones)
DINOSAUR
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Discovery Island Trails

If you aren't big on thrills, cut DINOSAUR, Primeval and Everest.

There's also a TON of character M&Gs if you have little ones. And smaller animal exhibits throughout the park that aren't listed as an attraction. Plus, some Streetmosphere in each continent.

You could easily spend 9am-7pm there... and once the nighttime safari, Pandora and RoL open, you could stay until 9pm or 10pm.

Granted, a lot of the stuff I listed is 'minor', so for those who only do Safari, Lion King, Kali, Everest and DINOSAUR, this is a 3-3.5 hr park (less if you do FP+ for Safari, Kali and Everest). For those taking a 7 day vacation, I'd recommend spending a whole day. DHS is the only park that's truly half-day, currently.

DisneyRoy

It's nice to see most of these responses. When I clicked on the thread I was going to say easily a full day park for us and be the only one. It's nice to see my sentiment is shared among other people. I understand why some do it in less, but for us the park is so well themed and we just enjoy the animals and just like walking around and doing/seeing everything. Full day definitely.

mahnamahna101

It's nice to see most of these responses. When I clicked on the thread I was going to say easily a full day park for us and be the only one. It's nice to see my sentiment is shared among other people. I understand why some do it in less, but for us the park is so well themed and we just enjoy the animals and just like walking around and doing/seeing everything. Full day definitely.
It's really:
MK - 2 days (2 10-12 hr days. You could do it in 1.5 days if you utilize extra FP+ and stay open to close one of the days)
Epcot - 1.5 days (if you want to see everything)
AK - 1 day (if you want to see everything)
DHS - 0.75 days until more shows close... then 0.5 days

Mouse_Trap

Depends on how much you rush it and if you want to take anything in.

It is after all possible to do every single ride in WDW in just 1day. Heck, you won't see much and you'll rush everything...but it's possible, or at least was until 7DMT opened.

Chef Mickey

If you actually spend the time doing the things offered at the park, walking the trails, noticing all the details, watching the shows, and enjoying the beauty, you'll easily find its a full day to multi day park.

If you rush to ride Everest, do the safari, and skip everything else, you'll post threads on WDW Magic saying its a 4 hour to half day "unfinished" park.

inchy warrior

If you actually spend the time doing the things offered at the park, walking the trails, noticing all the details, watching the shows, and enjoying the beauty, you'll easily find its a full day to multi day park.

If you rush to ride Everest, do the safari, and skip everything else, you'll post threads on WDW Magic saying its a 4 hour to half day "unfinished" park.
This post just says it all :)

JIMINYCR

This ^^^ I am walking slow, checking out every piece of scenery, sign, detail that the Imagineers have placed there for me to discover. Then theres the unique stores with items that you cant find in the other parks. I'm taking in the culture, talking to the CM's, getting questions answered. Theres soooo much there to partake in, that I get to use the full value of my park ticket. Why rush through and waste the full experience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom