ESPNland

TP2000

Instead of going to school for eternity and over-educating yourself well into adulthood, why not just get an entry level job at a Disney theme park to get some real world experience with what people like and don't like? ;)

Hey, my fellow "Disney fans"... Can you imagine how dull and predictable Disneyland would have been if Walt had tried to anonymously "survey" people in 1953 about what they wanted from an amusement park? The place would have looked like Coney Island West and would have been closed within 18 months. :cool:

At some point you just have to leave school, get out there in the world, and do something!

TimeIsUp

Original Poster
Instead of going to school for eternity and over-educating yourself well into adulthood, why not just get an entry level job at a Disney theme park to get some real world experience with what people like and don't like? ;)

Hey, my fellow "Disney fans"... Can you imagine how dull and predictable Disneyland would have been if Walt had tried to anonymously "survey" people in 1953 about what they wanted from an amusement park? The place would have looked like Coney Island West and would have been closed within 18 months. :cool:

At some point you just have to leave school, get out there in the world, and do something!

Says the guy who has posted over 5000 messages on an internet website.

Obviously Walt Disney himself and numerous others did quite a bit of research before they built Disneyland. I unfortunately do not have the same resources that they had, and am doing the best I can. I'm just asking for help, you don't have to fill out the survey.

And I have a job at a theme park, but I would like a better one still.

TP2000

Says the guy who has posted over 5000 messages on an internet website.

Says the very old man who has worked for decades in several industries. And it took me a decade to get that 5,000+ message count. But don't worry, only a few dozen of those were worth reading! (Trust me.) :D

If you've got a theme park job, great. It just makes us old timers chuckle to see kids going to college for a decade and then relying on surveys and PowerPoint shows to make up their minds. Got an idea and a good hunch? Pitch it and work it and see if people will buy it.

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to run it past a half dozen Vice Presidents who will want to see surveys and focus groups and the "idea" will die before any customer can decide to buy it. That's not your fault, obviously, you're just one of the victims of a generation lost on a college campus for a decade. Good luck with your class project! :)

TimeIsUp

Original Poster
Says the very old man who has worked for decades in several industries. And it took me a decade to get that 5,000+ message count. But don't worry, only a few dozen of those were worth reading! (Trust me.) :D

If you've got a theme park job, great. It just makes us old timers chuckle to see kids going to college for a decade and then relying on surveys and PowerPoint shows to make up their minds. Got an idea and a good hunch? Pitch it and work it and see if people will buy it.

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to run it past a half dozen Vice Presidents who will want to see surveys and focus groups and the "idea" will die before any customer can decide to buy it. That's not your fault, obviously, you're just one of the victims of a generation lost on a college campus for a decade. Good luck with your class project! :)

That is a pretty accurate depiction. Thanks for the well wishes though, and for taking the time to read the post.

TP2000

That is a pretty accurate depiction. Thanks for the well wishes though, and for taking the time to read the post.

You're welcome. And for your troubles I went and took your survey. I was very honest on it, but you might consider throwing it out as I have no interest in sports. You'll be able to spot my survey as the one from the old white guy who took it on the afternoon of January 11th. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom